Returning Characters?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Returning Characters?

Postby Himuro » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:04 am

I agree that it should feel like an adventure. if you're a secondary character and not a main character, there's really no reason for them to show up in more than one game until it's the ending for the series.

Himuro has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenRy092 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:41 am

I think this lady will have more magical stuff and be a huge role in Shenmue 3.

phpBB [video]
ShenRy092
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Miles Prower » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:51 am

Himuro wrote: I'm not sure if Wong, Joy and Xiuying being in Online is proof the characters will return. I mean, the thing seemed to be a Best of Shenmue II anyways. Even going so far as to repeat entire mini games and story retreads (Delin stuff) that were in II.

Exactly, I'm not sure why people think any of the Online stuff is even remotely canonical. It clearly wasn't meant to be a continuation of the story. That trailer, with Joy being kidnapped on the roof and with Lan Di etc, in my opinion, has absolutely no storyline bearing and was probably just made of the sole intention of looking cool and giving the game a 'hook' for existing fans. Some of the magic powers may show up in the series further down the line, sure, but I'm confident to say that for the most part, Online can be pretty much ignored.

Miles Prower has received a thanks from: JaySw34
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:38 pm

Himuro wrote: I agree that it should feel like an adventure. if you're a secondary character and not a main character, there's really no reason for them to show up in more than one game until it's the ending for the series.

Thing is though, I really can't see Ryo taking down the entirety of the Chi You Men by himself, you know? He's going to have to get some help with that. There's a good reason why he's meeting people on his adventures that are good at fighting (a good part of them are better than him) and have better survival skills. If it was up to Ryo he'd just waltz in there and get himself killed, just like Xiuying and Guizhang kept on telling him. People like Xiuying, Ren and Guizhang are importing to him defeating the Chi You Men, unless he really upgrades his martial arts skills really quickly, somehow. Otherwise, I don't know, how else will he beat Niao Sun, Ziming, Lan Di, the Fourth Leader and Tentei all by himself? And who knows how many other members of the Chi You Men we don't know about yet on top of all of them. He hasn't got a chance.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Hyo Razuki » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:54 pm

Who we will see: Ren, Lan Di (duh!).
Who I want to see: Guizhang, Master Chen, Nozomi.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby JaySw34 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:59 pm

We will be seeing Ichiro Sakurada and Nayouki Ito. They are going to catch up with Ryo in Baisha to give him a hard time about not studying for college entrance exams.

JaySw34 has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Previous

Return to Shenmue III