The Final Blow - LAST CHANCE FOR SHENMUE 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

The Final Blow - LAST CHANCE FOR SHENMUE 3

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:45 am

Does anyone remember that fight in Shenmue 2 on top of Yellow Head Building when Dou Niu is running toward Ryo with 400 lbs. of force behind him? This is the climax of the Shenmue story thus far. Ryo has one last chance and takes it. He delivers the final counter elbow assault to Dou Niu.

With that one blow the next phase of his journey can continue without interference.

We are on top of that roof right now with the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter. This campaign is our Dou Niu. In order to give Yu Suzuki the chance to make the best Shenmue 3 possible we have to deliver that blow.

As I’ve said many times before, if you’ve donated to this Kickstarter you are a Shenmue saint. If you can squeeze out a little more from your budget great! If not, no worries, you've done your part and I know Yu is grateful. But if you’re holding out for PayPal, don’t! We have one last chance to make this happen. Don’t be deceived into assuming PayPal will happen. It very well could become a reality after the Kickstarter. But we just don’t know. All we know for sure is this Kickstarter ends July 17th. It all comes down to that day: The Final Blow.

Here is our new campaign logo:

So spread the word far and wide. This is a critical period at end of the campaign when decisive action is needed. Pledge or upgrade your pledge NOW! - or possibly lose your chance forever! The quality and scale of Shenmue 3 is dependent on the Kickstarter’s overall success. The fate of Shenmue is in OUR hands now. Make your dreams come true!
#SaveShenmue #TheFinalBlow

EDIT
The website http://www.30onthe3rd.com/finalblow is now live! Let me know if you have any translations or corrections. I'll try to get the various timezone times up ASAP.
Last edited by elfshadowreaper on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Re: The Final Blow - LAST CHANCE FOR SHENMUE 3

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:52 am

Are you going to explain what the final blow is? Tweetathon wise we've already hit critical mass.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:58 am

This is an effort to let people know the deadline is approaching.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby johnvivant » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:17 am

maybe it would helpful if you put the deadline time of all the different times zones on this page, as well as on the final blow logo itself.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:21 am

Excellent concept as usual.

But this is getting embarrassing to ask again, the community has already given so much. I don't think I will participate, sorry and good luck.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby johnvivant » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:27 am

brief description i just wrote:

'The Final Blow' is the critical period at end of the campaign when decisive action is needed. Pledge or upgrade your pledge NOW! - or possibly lose your chance forever! The quality and scale of Shenmue 3 is dependent on the Kickstarter’s overall success. The fate of Shenmue is in OUR hands now. Make your dreams come true!
#SaveShenmue #TheFinalBlow
Last edited by johnvivant on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby redline » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:27 am

i personally dont think kickstarter will be the end of the S3 fund, Ys will no doubt take fans advice and accept pledges via shenmue.link
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenSun » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:28 am

Ha, i think this is an awesome idea. Some people may disagree, but i say do it. its efforts like this that led to Shenmue 3 being revived in the first place. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, let's go all out (If you are financially able to)

elfshadowreaper, your contribution to the campaign has been brilliant. Let's go out with a BANG!!!!

Update:

Will you be making another site dedicated to this occasion. Details, dates etc.

ShenSun has received a thanks from: elfshadowreaper
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby JaySw34 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:29 am

Unfortunately, I've given all I possibly can to the campaign. Barring some sort of miracle, I won't be able to give any more :/
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby zach » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:37 am

Awesome logo, isn't Final Blow more appropiate in the final 3 days?

Don't think they add paypal at this time of the campaign:(
I have to buy a prepaid card and pay all those extra costs (10 euro for the card, 2 euro per transmission of 150 euro)
I'd rather pay with paypal and that my money go more or less directly to the KS. Maybe in the final day I have an urge to pledge anyway and will probably do it big time with the stupid card.
zach
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 4, Cave Story

Postby Mystere » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:38 am

Love the campaign banner and name. I think the idea needs drive though, something like johnvivant's description above. Instead of just 'reminding' people the deadline is coming, actively encourage donations on the 17th. I know it's sort of implied, but your $30 On The 3rd was successful because it was specific.

Some people may be tired of upping their donations, especially here at the Dojo where several users have pledged $1000's, but I'm sure you'll get plenty of traction on 500K and elsewhere.
Last edited by Mystere on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mystere has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShenSun » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:39 am

Would be kool if we could get Adam Koralik and Happy console gamer to do a vid about it.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby joka » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:21 am

I know I mentioned this in another topic but I really do think this needs to solely focused on getting the $29 digital only backers to bump up to a physical copy as that is the one area of opportunity that can be targeted.
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:33 am

I'll be updating the website tonight. I think what I'll do is have a new page on the $30 on the 3rd website. So it'll be http://www.30onthe3rd.com/finalblow

But that won't be ready until at least tonight.

Should we put a dollar amount on this campaign? I just feel like people have heard $30 on the 3rd so much we just need to focus on the last day being on the 17th.

EDIT
And we all know here that Paypal is highly likely. But we can't assume it's going to happen. If it doesn't that's taking thousands of dollars away from Yu that could have been donated through Kickstarter. And we know Kickstarter takes their own share of the earnings. But they also provide a service enabling fundraising campaigns like this. So we can't pretend Kickstarter is evil for taking a share of the earnings. Without Kickstarter we wouldn't have Shenmue 3.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Mystere » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:55 am

I think "Give whatever you can" is fine. Encourage people to up their pledges, but just be specific with the donation date more than anything. Shout about the 17th to focus the 'final blow' into one day, maybe put the date in the banner.

Just my thoughts, it's your call.

Mystere has received a thanks from: Fei Fong Wong
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to Shenmue III