Capule Toys and Music from previous games.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Capule Toys and Music from previous games.

Postby ShenmueTree » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:14 am

Apparently according to a user on Neogaf the game magazine/website "Hobby Consolas" says that SEGA is going to allow Yu Suzuki to use capsule toys and music from Shenmue 1 and 2. The music thing is obviously true. But I'm skeptical about the capsule toys.

I mean, there are a lot of Non-Shenmue related IP capsule toys and I'd think there would have to be licensing fees for every series and character that's not entirely specific to Shenmue. Seems expensive and a lot of work. Definitely don't think SEGA is gonna let Yu have toys like all the Sonic characters, Bonanza Bros, Nights, etc without getting paid.

Sorry I can't post a link because the site is blocked. Which means it's probably not reputable and full of shit. But then gain, if true this is pretty interesting.

ShenmueTree has received 2 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Anthony817
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Capule Toys and Music from previous games.

Postby Three Blades » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:33 am

Are you sure there would have to be fees for the capsules? Sega owns them all anyway, so can't they just say "ok" for everything at their own discretion?

I can't say whether I'm for or against capsules being in the game (I need to see the in-game villages first), but if they are, hopefully it won't just be the boring lame ones like the dice ones, the superballs or the cars :|
And hopefully, the Shenmue 1 and 2 remakes (if they happen), will be compatible with Shenmue 3 and we can carry over all our toys that way.
Shenmue 3 should ideally be programmed to recognize the toys (and all other Shenmue 1 and 2 items), whether you can buy them or not in the game.
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ConanTheKing » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:48 am

I hope we get some Playstation capsule toys, but it might break immersion getting Sackboy and Nathan Drake in the 80s.
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:21 am

Maybe Ryo can carry around a Walkman.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby johnvivant » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:46 am

it would be amazing to be able to carry over all your capsule figures from shenmue 1 through to 3. i know some capsule toys from 1 got omitted from 2, but if the majority of them are there for 3 it would make for an amazing feeling of continuity.

shenmue hd 1+2 save transfer feature compatible with 3 - make it happen Sega!
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Reprise » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:13 pm

ConanTheKing wrote: I hope we get some Playstation capsule toys, but it might break immersion getting Sackboy and Nathan Drake in the 80s.

But getting Sonic, Amy Rose, Knuckles, NiGHTS, Virtual Fighters, Alex Kidd and Ryo owning a Sega Saturn didn't? :P

Reprise has received a thanks from: ConanTheKing
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby NeoShredder » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:50 pm

THe guy on Gaf has posted these scans:

Capsule toys and music confirmed.

si que hemos recibido permiso para usar las capsulas de juguete de shenmue I y II.

We have received permission to use the toy capsules from Shenmue I and II.

Quick and dirty Google translate of some tidbits. Not bad :)

niao sun ocupa el asienta sur de los cuatro lideres de los chi you men. es una cruel practicante del estilo del 'puno-daga de la mantis'

Niao-sun is the Chiyoumen leader of the south. She is a ruthless practitioner of the "Fist-Dagger Mantis" style.

no juego a otros titulos, asi que no sabria decirte. Idealmente, los cambios no solo influirian en las conversaciones, sino tambien en las misiones y los eventos.

[Rapport system, like the Witcher?] I do not play other titles, so I would not know. Ideally, changes would influence not only talks, but also in missions and events.

especialmente por lo que concierne a la cara de Ryo, no estoy satisfecho de como luce ahora mismo. Todavia estamos en la fase de desarrollo, asi que podeis esperar mejoras a medida que avancemos. Tenemos una version actualizada de Ryo pero tampoco estoy contento con ese modelo, asi que continuaremos haciendo mejoras. La personalidad de Ryo no se reflejara solo con su modelado sino tambien con su forma de moverse a sus expresiones faciales.

Especially with regard to Ryo's face, I'm not satisfied with how it looks now. We are still in the development phase, so you can expect improvements as we go. We have an updated version of Ryo but I'm not happy with that model, so we will continue making improvements. Ryo's personality is reflected not just in modeling but also with the way it moves the facial expressions.

los escenarios basicos para la saga ya estan pensados. Las diferentes entregas de la saga no siguen esos once capitulos de una manera perfecta. Es decir, quiero plantear los escenarios de los once capitulos con cada entrega, dependiendo de como se ajusten mejor

The basic scenarios for the series are already designed. The various installments of the series do not follow these eleven chapters in a "perfect" manner. That is, I want to raise the stage of the eleven chapters with each delivery, depending on how it better fits.

NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:42 pm

Great interview.

9 new main characters too !
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby johnvivant » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:49 pm

some great info here. full translation on the way?
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Gavan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Very interesting interview. The part where he says that only at 10 million will the Choubu area be the size of Dobuita and Yokosuka worries me a bit though... Sounds like if we don't get to 10 million with Paypal we may get a fairly small game :sad:

Con 10 millones el area de Choubu recibira una gran expansion y sera como Dobuita y Yokosuka, de modo que tendras un monton de opciones para explorar y divertirte. Espero que podamos alcanzar esa meta y hacer que sea mas abierto.

Quick translation (Native Spanish speakers please correct me if I make mistakes, my Spanish is far from perfect):

At 10 million the Choubu area will receive a big expansion and will be like Dobuita and Yokosuka, giving you a lot of options to explore and have fun. I hope we can reach that goal and make it more open.
Last edited by Gavan on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gavan

Currently playing: Sonic Mania Plus

Postby ShenmueTree » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:58 pm

It's against the rules to post scans on GAF. Gonna get banned. :/
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby DamonPlus » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:06 pm

Spanish native speaker here. Some interesting things that appear in that interview:

- Yu Suzuki is thinking in changing hairstyle and clothes for characters.

- With 5 millions reached he wants to include some strategy elements from the Warring States, a period of the Chinese history. He mentions that these strategies represent the states. Doesn't want to specify more to not spoil the surprise.

- No videogame company could satisfy what Yu Suzuki needed to do the game.

- Yu hasn't talked with Sega yet about including arcade games from their library.

- The interviewer mentions that ""we know Ren is appearing in Shenmue 3... will other characters appear?", to which Yu Suzuki answers that the story will be centered in new characters, and you could call them by phone. One of the photos says "Ren Wuying will have a lot of protagonism in Shenmue 3..." This does not either confirm or deny that Ren will indeed appear, so take that with a grain of salt.

- Basic scenarios for the entire story are more or less fixed. As he releases the games, he will adjust the 11 chapters accordingly.

- Yu Suzuki wants to have the demo out by the second half of the development. That is, after 2017 has started.

DamonPlus has received 6 thanks from: Giorgio, johnvivant, Mr357, NeoShredder, Supa, Taren Fox
DamonPlus
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Sonic Adventure

Postby Supa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:18 pm

I want to hibernate until the demo. Then, I can hibernate until release day.

Supa has received a thanks from: Reprise
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby The_Intruder » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:12 pm

Since my Spanish is really good I just read the interview from the scans. It looks like Shenmue 3 might turn out to be better than the first 2 games.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:23 pm

Ren was mentioned by Yu himself in the previous interviews to illustrate his Perspective System, I don't think there is any doubt here.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Next

Return to Shenmue III