Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby shredingskin » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:07 am

Everything in math is so easy till I get these chills on doing it. It's so fucking funny it gets me on my fucking nerves.

Everything is ok while you don't get any bugs I guess.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:34 am

Riku Rose wrote:Honestly it's about who you know. I've not known one person to come into the company just by sending in a CV, it's always their friend who hands it in for them. It's always been that way at every job I've been at, if someone that already works wherever you are applying can vouch for you being alright that goes a lot further then making yourself sound good on paper with degrees and shit. Just ask around, even if it's a cousins friend just try and wiggle your way in somewhere and then prove yourself and you'll make contacts there that can create other opportunities.

If I was going to apply for a job tomorrow the last place I would look is on job sites, I'd look through my phone book and Facebook friends.

You're not wrong thinking about it. Atleast two of my previous jobs, including my current one, have came from friends/family I've known in the company already..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby amiga1200 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:45 am

^^ agreed. but obviously individual specific. (and you didn't spill GUTS! to get a true answer, one must have all the facts, nothing was said.)
maybe the folks you know don't have the clout?
i know mine didn't, but i made my way on my own. (and should explain why i'll protect it at all costs. only thing i have to lose, is my freedom and possessions. irl cliques have MORE at stake, guess what that is? at least as an individual, answerable to nobody, but the pistol bearer.)
effort really does count, not on the impressions, but unless you have a sales pitch, or KNOWING the right folks (thanks riku) or some 'x-factor' that makes them take notice, it counts for shit.
we live in a time 'cult of personality' and eventually, they will be a massive backlash.
can't say i've EVER got a job without it based off 'who i knew'...
and to really drive that home, my first job almost got laughed out the shop.
i had an excellent school attendance rate, and qualifications.
what the literal fuck did that matter to the prospective employer?
he threw my portfolio back at me aggressively, and said: piss off with your book of salad, i need HANDS-ON-EXPERIENCE!
when can you start? (guess what my answer was?) :P :mrgreen:
[edit]
corrections.
[edit again]
browser NOT showing all, post above was missing text, saw if fully now.
disregard my above. :oops: (...........wrong thinking about it)
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Sonikku » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:04 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:Honestly it's about who you know. I've not known one person to come into the company just by sending in a CV, it's always their friend who hands it in for them. It's always been that way at every job I've been at, if someone that already works wherever you are applying can vouch for you being alright that goes a lot further then making yourself sound good on paper with degrees and shit. Just ask around, even if it's a cousins friend just try and wiggle your way in somewhere and then prove yourself and you'll make contacts there that can create other opportunities.

If I was going to apply for a job tomorrow the last place I would look is on job sites, I'd look through my phone book and Facebook friends.

You're not wrong thinking about it. Atleast two of my previous jobs, including my current one, have came from friends/family I've known in the company already..

Nepotism ftw. I only wish I had family/friends in high ranking positions. :sad:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby amiga1200 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:12 am

Peter wrote:Damn. RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper. One of the reasons I began watching rasslin' back in the 80s
(late again. :oops: ) just absolutely wasn't aware of that. a great actor for his time.
haven't followed the news scene, thanks for the tip-off! :cry: (only saw one items of his, 'they live' and it was more than an eye-opener, a parody even.)
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Postby Locke_cole » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:04 pm

now we have Rowdy Ronda Rousey
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:27 am

phpBB [video]

south carmain has received a thanks from: Axm
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:32 pm

I dont normally talk about this, but I feel its necessary. My intestinal and colon health has taken a serious dive over the last couple weeks and my Ulcerative Colitis disease has caused me a lot of internal pain and frequent trips to the bathroom and bloody/watery stool for weeks. I know it sounds gross and I honestly hate talking about it with other people because I can imagine how big of a turn off it is looking from the other end, so I try to keep that talk at a minimum. Only way to really help it is changing diet and trying to eat and do things that dont aggrivate the disease, but every persons case is different and each person has their own triggers and mine have been especially hard to pin down. So usually these symptoms calm down after a while once I change my diet but this time its not seeming like anything is helping, there are surgeries and procedures I may need, they can either cut out the bad parts of my intestines that have the ulcers, or worst case scenario I get a bag and a tube that comes out the side of my stomach that exits my bowels... Also colon cancer and death are a factor, but luckily fairly unlikely but still possible. I will be going to the doctor soon to get these issues sorted and I just wanted to let everyone know ahead of time because there could be significant changes in my life, please keep me in your thoughts and any support for me would be great, thanks guys.

- AG
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:41 am

Get better AG.

Here's some Chi for the hell of it.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Axm » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:57 am

Damn AG. I remember you said something about it once before here, its still an issue is it? Hope you can recover from it.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:50 pm

so muhu/brosauce bought his way back in to the dojo? Noticed that he's been unbanned and has a 2015 donor status.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby amiga1200 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:09 pm

^^ or maybe, the status hides public readout, but still banned at the account/ip level.
i'm B& & V& to the max at *** but because i had a paid for subscription, it hid from the public my active status, and showed me as premium, despite still getting a banned massage on login.
maybe it's all about appearances?
wouldn't look cool for the higherups if donors were banned. (suspicious beings would have to dig to find truth, but it's still bollocks the dojo could do without. they had their own reasons for nuking guys, even me if/when the time comes.) 8)
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Postby ConanTheKing » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:45 am

I was thinking, what's the possibility of a meet up in Japan to celebrate the launch of Shenmue 3? It might be cool and people have time to save up funds.

ConanTheKing has received a thanks from: Amir
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Amir » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:56 am

ConanTheKing wrote: I was thinking, what's the possibility of a meet up in Japan to celebrate the launch of Shenmue 3? It might be cool and people have time to save up funds.

I'd be up for it, along with a Shenmue tour of Yokosuka, maybe even Hong Kong and Guilin.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:11 pm

Just was at the doctors, im being admitted into the hospital for a few days to get my flare up under control, they also told me im dehydrated and that explains the dizzy and weak feelings ive been experiencing. Fuck me, hopefully it wont be too bad I know im getting a CT scan, liquid diet, and an IV. I may have my phone so I might be around, anyway talk to yall when I talk to ya. Wish me luck. :???:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic