SEGA Financials are Horrible

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: SEGA Financials are Horrible

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:06 pm

Wude-Tang Clan wrote: Horrible is relative when talking about Sonic games. Because, really, they're all bad.

If you're talking about the post Mega Drive era, I would sadly have to agree.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Cyberman » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:16 pm

Sonic Boom? Isnt that an ironic title? Because they aren't really booming right now.

Cyberman has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, Sonikku
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Monkei » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:39 pm

^ Well, the game totally bombed, critically as well as financially, so the title is actually quite fitting I'd say :p

Sonikku wrote:Heroes was when it all began to unravel.

I think that already happened with Sonic Adventure. It's an awful game, honestly. I loved it back then on my Dreamcast, but I played the PS3 version not too long ago, and man, was it awful. And that's not because it's a bad port or something.. I mean, it is an awful port (not even widescreen..), an awful port of an awful game.

I liked Sonic Heroes when it came out and could actually imagine it to have aged better than Sonic Adventure and still be kind of enjoyable by today's standarts.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonikku » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:49 pm

Cyberman wrote: Sonic Boom? Isnt that an ironic title? Because they aren't really booming right now.

Perhaps it's to be interrupted in the sense that Sonic and Sega went boom and belly up and now they're taking on water fast.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:05 pm

Monkei wrote:
I think that already happened with Sonic Adventure. It's an awful game, honestly.

Sonic Adventure is probably the game that has most aged badly in gaming history but it was excellent at his time although it did not reach the 2D episodes greatness. The sequel is still the best 3D Sonic game thanks its level design as well. Sonic Team is doing an OK job now, neither bad nor fantastic, we have to be honest.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:32 pm

As for SA1, I totally agree with Keita, but I think Heroes was terrible right from the day it came out. I hear Generations was a good game, but I "cut the chord" with Sonic after Unleashed, so I haven't played it.

Oh, and about SA2: Yes, it was better than SA1. A lot better than SA1, but let's be honest: It is still far from being a real good game. Knuckles levels, anyone? If they would have kicked out all the other characters and just focused on the Sonic and Shadow levels, it could have been great. Even better if they had kicked out Shadow as a character and made his levels Sonic levels.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:17 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote:
Wude-Tang Clan wrote: Horrible is relative when talking about Sonic games. Because, really, they're all bad.

If you're talking about the post Mega Drive era, I would sadly have to agree.

I am.

Wude-Tang Clan has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Wude-Tang Clan
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby freakycritter » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:03 am

Lol why cant people fucking read and do research on what Sega Sammy is?

If you read 1st quarter document it says that that the forecast is was losing money, and then making it up later. Nothing unexpected. They simply didnt have new titles for pachinko Sammy the main money maker.

Mobile is the still the main money maker for the Sega segment of the company, not a bad mistake anway.
freakycritter
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby south carmain » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:56 pm

freakycritter wrote: Lol why cant people fucking read and do research on what Sega Sammy is?

No need to swear, champ.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Previous

Return to General Gaming