OVA or Manga/a better option and less controversial? [rant]

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: OVA or Manga/a better option and less controversial? [ra

Postby Sh3ppy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:05 pm

Domosuke wrote: I don't think it's fair that since I managed to give more money, I get all these options that every person who donated should get.

Are you saying that the rewards should be the same for everyone regardless of how little or how much they pledge? Just want to see if I'm getting this right. I myself didn't pledge anywhere near as much as I would have like to, had i had the money, but I don't begrudge anyone else (including the developers) for rewards that weren't available to me. Between this, calling the devs greedy & the ps4 hate, I find them odd things to be focusing on.
Sh3ppy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: rambleon11
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Chaos » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:54 pm

Sh3ppy wrote:
Domosuke wrote: I don't think it's fair that since I managed to give more money, I get all these options that every person who donated should get.

Are you saying that the rewards should be the same for everyone regardless of how little or how much they pledge? Just want to see if I'm getting this right. I myself didn't pledge anywhere near as much as I would have like to, had i had the money, but I don't begrudge anyone else (including the developers) for rewards that weren't available to me. Between this, calling the devs greedy & the ps4 hate, I find them odd things to be focusing on.

In-game rewards shouldn't be a thing unless they're made available to other people at some point. Like the move scrolls or whatever for donating a bunch of money is kinda crap.

Edit: I mean in-game rewards that actually effect gameplay.
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Postby Reprise » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:21 pm

Obvious X-Box fanboy is obvious.

Just sayin'
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Testament » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:37 pm

Domosuke wrote:
Introducing a kickstarter, and only making it ps4 exclusive was really crappy and being that I am a xbox supporter, and I was planning on buying a xbox one and not a ps4, as currently I have a 360 (which if you really want me to keep it 100% and real, they could release Shenmue 3 on that lolz) which will never ever go obsolete until maybe even another five years if that. Don't listen to these fake rumors, and I don't have any current gen consoles as for financial reasons I can't afford them.

All of this is your fault, not theirs.
Testament
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Sh3ppy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:11 pm

Chaos wrote: Edit: I mean in-game rewards that actually affect gameplay.

Yes, totally agree with this. Even if they're offered as bonus DLC or something along those lines. I was referring to the rewards offered outwith gameplay.

To be honest, most of the op's 'rant' (as he put it), was somewhat ludicrous anyway so just picked up on a few points.
Sh3ppy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Domosuke » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:00 am

Sh3ppy wrote:
Chaos wrote: Edit: I mean in-game rewards that actually affect gameplay.

Yes, totally agree with this. Even if they're offered as bonus DLC or something along those lines. I was referring to the rewards offered outwith gameplay.

To be honest, most of the op's 'rant' (as he put it), was somewhat ludicrous anyway so just picked up on a few points.

Just because you disagree, doesn't mean my rant was ludicrous. It's fine to disagree, and I don't mind if you disagree. My main point was that an OVA or an animated movie or series should have been a better option, and I still think it is. But insults and things aren't going to get us anywhere.

I'm a big Shenmue fan, I love the series dearly.

But if I didn't love the series, I'd be foolish, and I'd be lying if I said this game is going to sell well, and it's going to open up a whole new fanbase. It's not.

This is merely for our satisfaction, when if we just needed satisfaction, that could have been done in an animated movie, or in a comic book or in a lower costing, more efficient visual novel game on mobile or on the nintendo handheld.

Again, at this point we are in the waiting game once again, but to me since they are gonna release a console game, they should have at least made it available cross platform, or at least on the xbox one since they want to go current gen, and they shouldn't have asked us for help on a game that already had two previous versions released by mainstream developers. Lastly, they shouldn't have given all of these narcissistic incentives to entice people to donate more.

Domosuke has received a thanks from: amiga1200
Domosuke
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby fittersau » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:14 am

Domosuke wrote: they shouldn't have given all of these narcissistic incentives to entice people to donate more.

I don't really understand the hate towards those expensive fan service tiers. It's non game breaking fan service for people who want to fork out considerable cash just to see some recognition they paid for something in game. They have boasting rights to say, "Hey look my name, face, etc.. was a part of one of my favourite games of all time". Yes they paid for the privilege for it.

It doesn't make the game easier for them, it doesn't give them any advantage over those who paid only $29 for the game. This is how it should be, in my opinion.

In the game, I think unless you really looked for a name, or went up to every Lucky Hit board game, you'd be hard pressed to find the name or face of someone in real life. If you did, you'd have one quick chuckle and move on to the real activities of the game. Sounds like you're fixated over something rather trivial.

And, XB1 vs PS4.. really it's such a non issue. If you don't want to get a PS4, play it on PC. I backed for both a PC & PS4 version. I'll play both when it comes out. I don't have a decent PC, but will when Shenmue 3 comes out. However my first choice will be playing on console. Again, not a big issue. Don't let your loyalty to the XB system get you offside with other fans. It's just not worth it.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sh3ppy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:38 am

Domosuke wrote:Again, at this point we are in the waiting game once again, but to me since they are gonna release a console game, they should have at least made it available cross platform, or at least on the xbox one since they want to go current gen

Your points are ludicrous, and that's my opinion. You are still going on about a cross console release when it's been said countless times, it is Microsoft's fault it's not being released on the xbox. Not the developers. I think that's as clear as it can be.

Your point about narcissistic rewards is also ludicrous in my opinion. Why is it not fair? Because you personally didn't want to pledge more than X amount?

Sh3ppy has received a thanks from: Reprise
Sh3ppy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby amiga1200 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:42 am

^^ entitled to observations, and opinions.
i for one (WILL stand apart from the cliques) enjoyed the read.
thanks OP! :mrgreen:
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Shibiryo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:44 am

I'm sure somebody will illegally port to Xbone shenanigans.

Domosuke wrote:GTA V came and out blew the gaming industry out of the water. It was cross platform, and still has a good booming multiplater. After playing that game, I look at Shenmue like worn out tennis shoes.

How art thou a fan?
Last edited by Shibiryo on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shibiryo has received a thanks from: Reprise
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby Sh3ppy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:45 am

amiga1200 wrote: ^^ entitled to observations, and opinions.
i for one (WILL stand apart from the cliques) enjoyed the read.
thanks OP! :mrgreen:

Hardly surprising
Sh3ppy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby amiga1200 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:53 am

shame you was expecting any in the first place. :P
i stand with what i said, and ALONE, without any group think/hive mind approvals or agreements. :mrgreen: (still enjoyed the piece.)
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Chaos » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:35 pm

Shibiryo wrote: I'm sure somebody will illegally port to Xbone shenanigans.

Domosuke wrote:GTA V came and out blew the gaming industry out of the water. It was cross platform, and still has a good booming multiplater. After playing that game, I look at Shenmue like worn out tennis shoes.

How art thou a fan?

Yikes, I didn't even notice this part.

That's all I really have to say. yikes
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:25 pm

These newbies man... oh my god... This is classic fail thread if I have ever seen one, its just keeping me in stitches :rotflmao:

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Three Blades
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby JMan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:46 pm

Funny how you’re accusing others who paid more than you could personally afford of being connected to narcissism as if you think people should not be entitled to extra privileges which they can afford simply because you can’t. That sounds rather narcissistic to me.

And no, Suzuki is a legendary game designer who has been in the gaming industry for years and helped define that industry. I think he has a far better understanding of what he's doing than any of us here.
JMan

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III