Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby shredingskin » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:06 pm

I actually loled

phpBB [video]
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Axm » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:50 am

In her brain shes like..

"Hey Bob how can we encourage patriarchal structures that work to disempower women? Oh I know! Lets make this toliet paper roll bigger.. Women wont be able to grasp it and they'll become helpless. They will run to us and then we will rape them and they will like it because social engineering bro. *fist bump*"

In my brain im like..

"Hey Bob how can we help people wipe their asses without getting shit all over their hands? Oh I know! Lets make the size of the paper bigger then typical human hand. That way everyone can use it! And lets not be cheap assholes about it either.. lets give them alot of the paper so they dont have to change the damn roll every day. YAYYY..."
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby shredingskin » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:59 am

It's a parody, if you see sarkeesian's videos you'll see why it's funny.

Another rambling. I find it funny when people think that buddhism is not a religion, or they don't have inner bullshit between them, or that the sutras are that good of writings, or that it's japanese, or that it didn't mutated, etc.

I guess it has to do with all the new wave age of bullshit and people just don't care. When you look at history, it's hilarious how much of everything that we think has already happened before in different ways. Same monkeys with better tools, but the problems are pretty much the same (well, maybe now we can destroy a lot of our planet, and before we were just the apex predator.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ash » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:26 pm

The Hungarian camerawoman that was filmed tripping and kicking refugees is claiming that she plans to sue both one of the refugees and Facebook once her trial is finished.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/hungary/11945519/Hungarian-camerawoman-says-she-plans-to-sue-refugee-she-was-caught-on-film-tripping.html
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:11 pm

I read that yesterday and couldn't believe the cheek. I know some people are vehemently against this issue, but acting like she did is just not on. ESPECIALLY since she was meant to be working there!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:58 am

so if i make a topic and I know a bunch of people look at it but no one responds, is that like if a tree falls in the forest does it make a noise?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:23 am

The other day I was wondering how comes that before some of the architectural marvels took over oneself complete lifetime, and today we build just huge blocks that fuck the sky in a couple of years.

We have forgotten what it is to put a brick of a construction we'll never see (I guess educating your children is a little bit like that, but even then, we can see most results).

I was looking at Maya culture, Fuck, their whole history carved in their temples, their cosmology, their knowledge.
Notredame took almost 200 years (and it's not the one that took most).

Some of those things are pure fucking marvelous, now we have just concrete and iron (and that mostly in US, in most places iron isn't even used).

Makes you feel weird about everything. The only example I can see today is the "sagrada familia" in Barcelona.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: OL
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:48 am

Capitalism/wanting it built as soon as possible, and minimum wages as well as stringent health and safety issues, makes buildings get built more efficiently and less fancily these days, though they are still fuckin' expensive!
I kinda agree though, buildings made out of stone are pretty cool...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:50 pm

I was thinking more of the concept of working towards something you won't see, it seems so far out there in today's world.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:29 pm

Yep, capitalism means it has to be completed and earning ASAP.
Didn't Japan used to have 100-year mortgages? Not quite the same, is it? ;-)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:53 pm

phpBB [video]

We need more metal. Today we are too afraid of everything.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:09 am

Neogaf
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1128536

I do agree that devs explanation should be "Because I fucking want to" or "Because I want their design to be appealing to aesthetics I find interesting". And not throw excuses when there is nothing to be excused.

It's fucking funny at this point.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:35 am

phpBB [video]

Everyday in the trash with a bread and a noddle, the builds a kite to scape, but he's still here.

Chiquilin dame un ramo de vos.

Gun me with 3 roses that will hurt on tab, for the hunger I didn't understood.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:03 pm

So you are telling me that this week alone I get the new NBA season, Trails in the Sky 2, Tales of Zestiria, and my doc appointment and if all goes well I can hopefully return to work the following week? \:D/

IM READY IM READY!!! I have spent entirely too much time laying around here lately, all that time in the hospital, I more or less havent left my house in a month after my discharge on home bed rest, losing a bunch of weight then gaining alot of it back all in a matter of months. I am having to exercise a bit just to get back to normal, so I can start venturing out again, after these rough past few months.

I Was also looking into joining a martial arts dojo again, im thinking of taking up some form of Tai Chi at the local chinese martial arts school, I really wanted to continue studying shaolin kung fu but i just dont think my body can handle it right now, my auto-immune issues cause my body to attack my joints (ankles, knees, hips, and shoulders mainly) and cause them to swell and pain. I think kung fu right now would be too much physical contact where tai chi would be alot less of that and I can practice harnessing my internal strength, which this may just be my hunch, but my internal strength is probably much stronger than my external. I read some literature on tai chi back in high school while I was also taking kung fu and was doing some minor practicing so im already a little bit familiar with it.

Anyway, hopefully this week is a start to more progression to getting back to normal :)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:46 am

This was the first time I voted for someone that may win.

Don't know how to feel.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic