System Shock 3 Apparently in Development

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

System Shock 3 Apparently in Development

Postby Kintor » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:14 am

Not much to go on at this point. A developer called Otherside Entertainment just posted this teaser on their website: http://www.othersidetease.com/strawberry.php

It would seem that Otherside Entertainment has many of the original members of the System Shock team on board, enough to claim that this could be a true sequel to System Shock 2. Furthermore, Otherside Entertainment completed a successful Kickstarter for Underworld Ascent, a spiritual successor to the Ultima games. So, there might be a System Shock 3 Kickstarter it the near future.

Personally, I'm interested to see what comes of this announcement. The System Shock universe was always such an interesting setting. I look forward to seeing what Otherside Entertainment can achieve with the power of modern hardware.

Plus, on another note - 2015 continues to be a great year for the revival of old IPs! We still have the best part of December left, let's see a few more IPs resurrected before the year is out and continue this trend into 2016. :)

Kintor has received a thanks from: Mr357
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: System Shock 3 Apparently in Development

Postby Mr357 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:02 am

No Fucking Way

I'lll go Michael Huber if this is real. Thanks for posting!

Mr357 wrote:Now every future announcement has to be even more surprising, and the bar is set pretty high. I think the only thing that could match my excitement over the Shenmue 3 announcement would be System Shock 3, which unfortunately will probably never happen.

^^ That was a few months ago (Sept 21st). Just like with Shenmue 3, I have never been so fucking happy to be wrong. \:D/
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: System Shock 3 Apparently in Development

Postby Kintor » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:09 am

The countdown on the website ended, to reveal this page:

http://www.othersidetease.com/sss.php

No mention of a Kickstarter campaign, or even a trailer. However, there is a new voice clip of Shodan embedded at the bottom of the page. It's hard to tell if Shodan is being voiced by the original actress or not since Shodan's voice has always been so heavily synthesised and distorted. Still, if nothing else this voice definitely sounds like Shodan, which bodes well for the production values of the game as a whole.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Return to General Gaming