"Metal Gear Solid Creator Takes His Team and Leaves Konami"

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: "Metal Gear Solid Creator Takes His Team and Leaves Kona

Postby Axm » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:28 pm

Whatever Konami does next with MGS we will all be super critical of it. Especially if its a Rising 2 or something. Rising 1 was already bad imo so if it is a Rising 2 I will already be giving less than 2 shits about it.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby OL » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:23 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:...so please stop with your ill intented words targeting me in such a manner.

:-s
I honestly think this may be the smallest thing anyone has ever gotten offended by on these forums. Nothing I said was targeting you with ill intent. Here I thought we were just conversing on a divisive subject. Which, y'know, is kinda what we do here.
Either way, you were the first one to pop up with "
OL... Jesus man ](*,) " which is a pretty clear shot at me, as if to imply that what I'm saying is idiotic.
With that being the case, I'm not sure you're really in a position to start acting like a victim here.

Back to the point, the boycotting of any product other than those necessary to sustain life is a wholly emotional response. It's based entirely on outrage at the actions of a company. It isn't about what makes sense, it's about what you'd personally prefer.
You can insist that you're responding entirely out of logic, but real logic is cold. Meanwhile every time I read one of your posts on this subject, I picture you shaking your fist in a rage with flames shooting up in the background. You talk about loving Kojima, having respect for him, having scorn toward Konami, saying "fuck the corporation"... it's all emotion.
And I only say this because...

AnimeGamer183 wrote:...if you want to call me out about something make a logical post and give examples and explanations as to why, other wise I just think its bullshit you are pulling out of your ass, you are better than that, we can debate and express our feelings with out that stupid shit.

...you insisted.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:09 am

OL wrote:
I honestly think this may be the smallest thing anyone has ever gotten offended by on these forums. Nothing I said was targeting you with ill intent. Here I thought we were just conversing on a divisive subject. Which, y'know, is kinda what we do here.
Either way, you were the first one to pop up with "
OL... Jesus man ](*,) " which is a pretty clear shot at me, as if to imply that what I'm saying is idiotic.
With that being the case, I'm not sure you're really in a position to start acting like a victim here.

I was not trying to imply what you were saying was idiotic, but that I was struggling to understand what you meant which I still am, I just totally dont agree at all with you on this, thats all.

OL wrote:
Back to the point, the boycotting of any product other than those necessary to sustain life is a wholly emotional response. It's based entirely on outrage at the actions of a company. It isn't about what makes sense, it's about what you'd personally prefer.
You can insist that you're responding entirely out of logic, but real logic is cold. Meanwhile every time I read one of your posts on this subject, I picture you shaking your fist in a rage with flames shooting up in the background. You talk about loving Kojima, having respect for him, having scorn toward Konami, saying "fuck the corporation"... it's all emotion.
And I only say this because...

Thank you. Now I can see a bit better where you are coming from, although I dont really agree with it, or see it that way. What you mentioned does not seem like im being emotional to me, im trying to tell you im not being emotional but you seem to be certain you know my intent and im just curious as to why you would think you know that, again, text on a screen can be interpreted many ways.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:00 am

Axm wrote: Whatever Konami does next with MGS we will all be super critical of it. Especially if its a Rising 2 or something. Rising 1 was already bad imo so if it is a Rising 2 I will already be giving less than 2 shits about it.

I loved Rising. Not as a Metal Gear game (I don't really see it as part of the canon), but as a highly polished over the top action game. Enjoyed its beautifully fluid gameplay a lot, a lot, a lot. It was a little short, but that was alright. Short and sharp.

For Rising 2 they could and should simply hire Platinum again though, so I doubt this is about that. I could imagine something like an MGS remake or an MG remake. That way they wouldn't have to make up new stories without Kojima's expertise in crazy ass bullshit.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Axm » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:21 am

Its funny how we so often have opposite tastes in games Monkei.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Monkei » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:58 pm

Maybe I'm just stalking you to disagree with stuff you say every now and then. :P

That's just how it is with taste. But I just had a look at your top ten list in the other topic:

10. Jet Set Radio
9. Virtua Tennis
8. Metal Gear Solid 3
7. Resident Evil REmake
6. Halo 2
5. The Last of Us
4. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
3. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
2. Shemmue 1
1. Shenmue 2

Which is a totally valid one to me. I don't care much about Virtua Tennis, but other than that I like all of those games a lot. Didn't play that specific Mario PRG title, but like the games in general. So it's not like our tastes are a total contrast or something like that at all.

Monkei has received a thanks from: Axm
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sand4fish » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:25 pm

I'm aware I'm in the minority, but I love MGS Rising as well. It's definitely a underrated game. Platinum rarely if ever disappoints with their titles. I might say they are the best in the industry for action games.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Monkei
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:34 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:But I will not support a developer that has treated a game creator that I love dearly and have enjoyed his creations for years, when he was just trying to do the best thing for those creations. As one artist to another I will say fuck the corporation every single time when it comes down to marketability/deadlines/forcing an artist to do things they arent comfortable with and dont agree with and its THEIR project when it ends in a situation like this.

Do you boycott companies like Nintendo, Dell, Google, Amazon, Sony, Microsoft and Apple that use companies like Foxconn famous for its terrible working condition causing employees to commit suicide?

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, VukBZ2005
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Previous

Return to General Gaming