Trophies/Achievements You'd Like To See In HD Versions...

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Trophies/Achievements You'd Like To See In HD Versions..

Postby Telekill » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:34 am

I'm generally not one for trophy hunts. The only games I've bothered to platinum have been the Uncharted games (nearly done with the Uncharted 3 platinum for PS4), and the numbered Resident Evil titles (5 and 6). In my opinion, most RPGs, Shenmue included, would be far too big to bother trying to platinum. As it's a favorite series of mine though, I'll definitely be giving it a try. If (hopefully) a Shenmue 1 and 2 HD remaster are put on PS4 then I'd primarily like to see trophies revolve around reaching certain points in the game. Obviously there would be some other trophies. Maybe those could include...

- Play Lucky Hit ___ times.
- Collect ___ capsule toys.
- Collect all technique scrolls.

What I don't want to see are trophies that revolve around grinding as all that will do is frustrate me ](*,) . I'd rather not have Shenmue and frustration go together. Generally, frustration trophies usually come from the online portions for me. I won't have to worry about that with Shenmue thank goodness.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby ShenGCH » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:04 pm

Telekill wrote: I'm generally not one for trophy hunts. The only games I've bothered to platinum have been the Uncharted games (nearly done with the Uncharted 3 platinum for PS4), and the numbered Resident Evil titles (5 and 6). In my opinion, most RPGs, Shenmue included, would be far too big to bother trying to platinum. As it's a favorite series of mine though, I'll definitely be giving it a try. If (hopefully) a Shenmue 1 and 2 HD remaster are put on PS4 then I'd primarily like to see trophies revolve around reaching certain points in the game. Obviously there would be some other trophies. Maybe those could include...

- Play Lucky Hit ___ times.
- Collect ___ capsule toys.
- Collect all technique scrolls.

What I don't want to see are trophies that revolve around grinding as all that will do is frustrate me ](*,) . I'd rather not have Shenmue and frustration go together. Generally, frustration trophies usually come from the online portions for me. I won't have to worry about that with Shenmue thank goodness.

Well, Shenmue can't really be considered an RPG in the first place, so grindy Trophies would have to be restricted to things that are able to be done over and over again by design, which pretty much narrows things down to maxing out all moves (which would suck), collecting every single capsule toy/prize (which would suck), etc. There isn't a levelling system, hundreds of different enemy types, super special weapons/items to collect, or anything like that, so I think the vast majority of the Trophies would have to be story-related, optional, and miscellaneous ones.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Telekill » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:19 pm

ShenGCH wrote:Well, Shenmue can't really be considered an RPG in the first place, so grindy Trophies would have to be restricted to things that are able to be done over and over again by design, which pretty much narrows things down to maxing out all moves (which would suck), collecting every single capsule toy/prize (which would suck), etc. There isn't a levelling system, hundreds of different enemy types, super special weapons/items to collect, or anything like that, so I think the vast majority of the Trophies would have to be story-related, optional, and miscellaneous ones.

Glad to hear it.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby jasonorme666 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:42 pm

Here are a few I quickly made using http://www.says-it.com/achievement/steam.php

jasonorme666 has received a thanks from: Mr357
jasonorme666
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Previous

Return to Shenmue