E3 2016 - Dates, Games, Rumors.

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

E3 2016 - Dates, Games, Rumors.

Postby Peter » Sun May 08, 2016 7:51 pm

Today means we are just 35 days away from what's generally regarded as the biggest gaming event on the planet, and things are now starting to take shape. As a gamer, i watch all of E3 no matter what time of the day it is, and this year will be no different with taking the week off work (albeit to also watch Euro 2016). Think its time enough to open the topic and really get the excitement going! Below is whatever information there currently available on the event, and will be added to once more becomes available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFERENCES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EA Play - June 12, 1pm PST/4pm EST/9pm BST/10pm CET - Twitch Link

Bethesda - June 12, 7pm PST/10pm EST/3am BST/4am CET - Twitch Link

Microsoft - June 13, 9:30am PST/12:30pm EST/5:30pm BST/6:30pm CET - Twitch Link / Xbox Link

PC Gaming Show - June 13, 11:30am PST/2:30pm EST/7:30pm BST/8:30pm CET - Twitch Link

Ubisoft - June 13, 1pm PST/4pm EST/9pm BST/10pm CET​ - ​Twitch Link

Sony - June 13, 6pm PST/9pm EST/2am BST/3am CET - Twitch Link

Nintendo - June 14, 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm BST - Watch via the Official Stream

WHAT TO EXPECT

EA Play has decided to have their own press conference this year separate from E3 itself, but the timing makes it part of the overall E3 viewing. There will be 2 events, one in LA and the other in London. There will be both a conference and also a show floor with various EA games available to play.

CONFIRMED: Titanfall 2
RUMORED: Battlefield 5, FIFA & various sports titles, Mass Effect Andromeda

For the second year, Bethesda take to their own stage outside of E3. Like EA, their event isnt offically part of the E3 schedule, but again falls in the viewing schedule nicely. After last years Fallout 4, some have been sceptical as to why they are again having their own standalone conference, with some speculating that they have something huge to announce.

CONFIRMED: Dishonoured 2 gameplay footage
RUMORED: Elder Scrolls 6, Fallout 4 new content

Usually Microsoft take the first/morning slot of the offical E3 conference schedule, and they do the same this year. Apart from soundbytes from Phil Spencer, nothing has been locked in as of yet, but they could also have some hard hitting surprises up their sleeves.

CONFIRMED: Nothing official
RUMORED: New Xbox.5/Slim, VR/HoloLens hardware progress, Windows 10 integration, Crackdown 3, Elite Dangerous: Horizons, Forza 7 (name to be confirmed, stars the Lamborghini Centenario), Gears of War 4, Gigantic, Halo Wars 2, Planet Coaster (possible Xbox One announcement of the Windows 10 game), ReCore, Scalebound, Sea of Thieves, Titanfall 2, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands, Unannounced Tomb Raider

The purpose of the PC Gaming Show is not to compete with the press conferences put on by Ubisoft, Bethesda, and others, but to help shine a light on the many exciting, cool and weird projects being made in every corner of the PC universe. You can expect a mixture of exclusive new footage, new trailers, new details on existing games, and unscripted conversations between developers and our host, Sean ‘Day9’ Plott.

CONFIRMED: Content from AMD, Bohemia Interactive, Borealys Games, Boss Key Studios / Nexon, Digital Extremes, Finji, Microsoft, New World Interactive, NovaQuark, Oculus, Other Ocean Interactive,
Paradox Interactive, Relic Entertainment / SEGA, Square Enix / Square Enix Collective, Studio Wildcard, TaleWorlds Entertainment, Torn Banner Studios, Tripwire Interactive
RUMORED: Surprise guests.

Ubisoft will now take the previous EA timeslot at this years E3. Its hard to pin down whats going to make up the bulk of their conference since they dont have many games in the pipeline.

CONFIRMED: Nothing official.
RUMORED: New Assassins Creed game/additional content/movie news, For Honour, South Park: Fractured But Whole, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Just Dance title

Surprisingly, Sony have been quiet in the run up to E3, not even confirming their time and location of their conference at the event. After having possibly the greatest E3 conference last year, theres no way Sony would miss this year, would they? Perhaps they are still finalising plans, to try and top last years monumental event.

RUMORED: PS4.5, PSVR update, 50+ VR games, Crash Bandicoot reboot, Horizon Zero Dawn, Last Guardian, Final Fantasy news, Shenmue 3

Nintendo will have a full Treehouse show for presenting its content. There will be no Direct. Nintendo will stream gameplay from The Legend of Zelda for Wii U as well as the first live gameplay for Pokemon Sun and Moon (which will actually open the stream).
On June 15, Nintendo will be showcasing Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

CONFIRMED: The Legend of Zelda
RUMORED: Double bluff NX announcement/reveal, Miitomo content, Fire Emblem, Pokemon ARG, Pokemon Go, Mario & Sonic Olympics, Paper Mario Colour Splash, new & upcoming 3DS games, unannounced Super Mario game, unannounced Metroid game.

CONFIRMED GAMES LIST

Battlefield 1 - PC, PS4, Xbox One
Call of Duty 2016 - Xbox One, PC, PS4
Dishonored - Xbox One, PC, PS4
Final Fantasy XV - PS4, Xbox One
Forza - Xbox One, possibly PC
Furi The Game - PS4, PC
Guilty Gear XRD - PS4, PS3

Legend of Zelda for Wii U - Nintendo, Wii U
Mass Effect Andromeda - Xbox One, PS4, PC
Moto Racer 4 - Xbox One, PS4, PC
Persona 5 - PS4, PS3
Syberia 3 - PS4, Xbox One, PC
Titanfall 2 - TBA
Warhammer - PS4, Xbox One, PC
Yesterday Origins - PS4, Xbox One, PC
Zero Time Dilemma - PS Vita, Nintendo 3DS, PC

Peter has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Let's Get Sweaty, Mr357
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: E3 2016 - Dates, Games, Rumors.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun May 08, 2016 10:00 pm

All I want is a new Splinter Cell and a new TES. We'll get neither. Lookin forward to Titanfall 2 though.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Sonikku » Sun May 08, 2016 10:32 pm

Would love a Wii U price cut but eh... Nintendo just doesn't care any more. Microsoft meanwhile has been discounting the One pretty hard this past month. Suggests they're trying to offload stock before coming out with something better.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Mr357 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:17 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: All I want is a new Splinter Cell

Without Michael Ironside, it's just not the same for me. Not to mention, I thought the gameplay in Blacklist was just as insulting as Conviction's. I barely have any faith in Ubisoft these days, despite how great they were 10-15 years ago.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Mon May 09, 2016 8:20 am

That's weird, and also wrong, but I agree with the Michael Ironside comment taking away from Sam Fisher. But yes, Ubisoft haven't released anything at all that appeals to me. Will still watch it though after the Xbox conference, in build up to Sony.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Amir » Mon May 09, 2016 10:12 am

I've spent the past couple of days playing Double Agent on the original Xbox. I loved the first 3 back in the day, and I'm loving this one so far, too. The Xbox/PS2/Wii version was developed by Ubisoft Montreal, who made the original game and Chaos Theory, while the 360/PS3/PC version was made by Ubisoft Shanghai who made Pandora Tomorrow.

I briefly played the 360 version years ago and thought it was OK, but the original Xbox version of Double Agent is more like Chaos Theory with the added nifty gimmick of having opposing objectives from your two different masters. You can get it for £2 on eBay, I really recommend it to fans of the original trilogy.

I was put off Convicion by the overpowered Execute function and the focus on killing, and to me Blacklist looks like more of the same. Like Mr357 said, the loss of Ironside is huge, I love interrogating guards just to hear his smart-ass remarks.

Amir has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby FlagshipFighter » Mon May 09, 2016 11:01 am

I am amazed and happy to see so many splinter cell fans here, wooooh!

I love these games too, tbh I was also put off of conviction upon release, but many years down the line I decided to pick it up for super cheap and I had to persist a fair bit of the game before I began to appreciate it a bit more. The game especially shines in co-op missions so if you have a friend nearby it's definitely a lot of fun, in addition to the multiplayer splitscreen modes.

Going to blacklist I thought the game was good and it has a lot of great content too (yeah, I miss Ironside too but it wasn't that crucial for me) what disappointed me the most was the subpar engine it ran on really shows its age (Unreal Engine 2) still need to beat the game in ghost though...

Out of all of them, I would say double agent was the most memorable because of how much tension it had + I prefer the game play in that. I don't miss the way the save features worked in those games though! (I would almost save every step lol)

Thanks for the recommendation Amir I'll check that one out!

Hoping for a new one to be announced too (please switch engine this time Ubisoft!)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Mon May 09, 2016 11:04 am

I'm pretty hyped for RE2 remake, and there's a good chance that they'll show at least a teaser!

Aside from that i dunno what else could interest me, maybe some NMS gameplay footage?
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby FlagshipFighter » Mon May 09, 2016 11:04 am

P.s. Anyone interested to hear from the Splinter Cell devs talk about things like the Panama fiasco and their views on Metal Gear Solid V (whilst playing Chaos Theory Panama bank level!) should check this out, good watch imo:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... MhgNi7X53c

FlagshipFighter has received 2 thanks from: Amir, Mr357
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter

Postby Amir » Mon May 09, 2016 12:28 pm

FlagshipFighter wrote: P.s. Anyone interested to hear from the Splinter Cell devs talk about things like the Panama fiasco and their views on Metal Gear Solid V (whilst playing Chaos Theory Panama bank level!) should check this out, good watch imo:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... MhgNi7X53c

Thanks for this! I had the original 3 on Xbox years ago but seem to have misplaced them :/ I got the first one again as part of a bundle last year, just looked at Chaos Theory on eBay, can get it for less than £1.50, would be happy to buy it again at that price!

I liked the original concept video of Conviction with all the interactivity with the environment, but then when they redesigned the game to focus on executions and added all these features like having a physical representation of your last known location, I got turned off. Ubisoft seems determined to dumb down games more and more. I liked Far Cry 3 for the most part, but there was literally no skill involved in tower climbing or any of the jumping "puzzles", and the stealth was made piss easy with the tracking mechanic.

Amir has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Amir » Mon May 09, 2016 12:33 pm

On topic, as disappointed as I am in Ubisoft as of late, I would like to hear about Beyond Good & Evil 2, and maybe a new Prince of Persia.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon May 09, 2016 1:11 pm

I'll just give the Sony conference a watch. In the past, I'd watch them all but.. meh.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon May 09, 2016 1:21 pm

My prediction is that it will pale compared to last year's (what will ever come close, honestly?). Nothing will ever top Shenmue 3, The Last Guardian, FFVII Remake, Dishonoured 2, Hitman, Mass Effect: Andromeda and Nier 2 announcements or the games on show either like Fatal Frame V, Mankind Divided, Dark Souls 3, Rare Replay, Star Fox 0 etc.

That was pretty much the best lineup ever for me. No announcements will ever come close, unless say Mischief Makers 2, Vagrant Story 2, Front Mission 6, Final Fantasy Tactics 2 and a new Armored Core get announced. The former 3, no chance (at least not yet), Armored Core though...*fingers crossed*

I'm also hoping for FFXII HD again. Come on Square, do it. So yeah, a From Software game and FFXII HD and I'm fine, since I'm swimming in upcomings games as it is, getting into overkill for me now.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon May 09, 2016 1:58 pm

If you're dismissing Blacklist then you're missing out. And an idiot.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon May 09, 2016 4:30 pm

Peter wrote:Image

Surprisingly, Sony have been quiet in the run up to E3, not even confirming their time and location of their conference at the event. After having possibly the greatest E3 conference last year, theres no way Sony would miss this year, would they? Perhaps they are still finalising plans, to try and top last years monumental event.

RUMORED: PS4.5, PSVR update, 50+ VR games, Crash Bandicoot reboot, Horizon Zero Dawn, Last Guardian, Final Fantasy news, Shenmue 3

There are lots of variables to calculate when planning a live stream from aboard the International Space Station to promote No Man's Sky.

(If only.)
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Next

Return to General Gaming