E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

Postby Snakiest » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:01 pm

I'd be more than happy with a few new screenshots, preferrably with an updated model of Ryo.

Snakiest has received 2 thanks from: Esppiral, killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Snakiest
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Hanzumon » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:40 am

I hope, that we will get a short teaser about Shenmue 3 (30 or 40 seconds) and the announcement of the Shenmue 1 & 2 HD Collection.

Next year, will we see the first "gameplay scenes" on the E3 2017. But this year, we will get a little update on Shenmue 3.
Hanzumon

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: lollipop chainsaw

Postby James Brown » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:02 am

scarless landi wrote:
The_Fuzileiro wrote: Where you guys are going to watch the conferences? Since GameTrailers is out, I just can´t imagine another cool site for E3 live streaming...

I was thinking the same thing. I usually watch it on GT. I randomly checked Twitch last year to see if they had a better quality than GT. I remember it being very very bad.

Yeah, not 100% on them live streaming the event again this year, but according to their Patreon page, they have a goal specifically with E3 in mind.

They're currently on -
$38,302 of $40,000 goal

"We will be covering E3 2016 no matter what, but without the resources we had before. Some of our ideas require additional equipment like a professional-looking news desk, a better camera for the live-stream, Esports-style headset-mics, decorations, and more. If we hit this goal after E3, we’ll use the equipment to make our weekly streams even better."

I hope they livestream the event, because that's where i'll be this year, just to catch Huber's reaction to anything Shenmue :D
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:58 am

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47619

Reading the announcement topic from last year brings back some serious feels.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: James Brown, Jibby
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby -=SPZ=-47 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:06 am

James Brown wrote:
scarless landi wrote:
The_Fuzileiro wrote: Where you guys are going to watch the conferences? Since GameTrailers is out, I just can´t imagine another cool site for E3 live streaming...

I was thinking the same thing. I usually watch it on GT. I randomly checked Twitch last year to see if they had a better quality than GT. I remember it being very very bad.

Yeah, not 100% on them live streaming the event again this year, but according to their Patreon page, they have a goal specifically with E3 in mind.

They're currently on -
$38,302 of $40,000 goal

"We will be covering E3 2016 no matter what, but without the resources we had before. Some of our ideas require additional equipment like a professional-looking news desk, a better camera for the live-stream, Esports-style headset-mics, decorations, and more. If we hit this goal after E3, we’ll use the equipment to make our weekly streams even better."

I hope they livestream the event, because that's where i'll be this year, just to catch Huber's reaction to anything Shenmue :D

Yeah, I really hope they reach the goal!
Just look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZYUq-jzLUg
It's gaming history! And it should continue!
-=SPZ=-47
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:51 pm

As i mentioned in the other topic, one week to go and we will be underway! Not even from a Shenmue 3 point of view, but i just love E3 as a gamer. The buzz from it always got to me, but of course after last year, i will always get so much more feels from it now. I finish work for a week on Friday, and will have packs of beer chilled, both for E3 and also for the Euros starting. I honestly cannot wait! Staying up late, catching all the streams live. Roll on next week!!!!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby James Brown » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:58 pm

Peter wrote: As i mentioned in the other topic, one week to go and we will be underway! Not even from a Shenmue 3 point of view, but i just love E3 as a gamer. The buzz from it always got to me, but of course after last year, i will always get so much more feels from it now. I finish work for a week on Friday, and will have packs of beer chilled, both for E3 and also for the Euros starting. I honestly cannot wait! Staying up late, catching all the streams live. Roll on next week!!!!

Me and you both mate! That 2am Sony Conference is going to be immense :D! Gonna be dead for work like 2 hours later but hoping it'll be worth it :D
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Peter » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:01 pm

I made that mistake last year, going to work with no sleep after the Kickstarter announcement! I will never forget how tired I was thay day, relying on adrelanine boosts from watching the Huber video over and over throughout that day to get me through.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Hanzumon, James Brown
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:31 pm

After the Sony conference, I was unable to sleep over almost 3 days and I was beginning to fear for my health. A new trailer definitely won't be the same boost but the conf is still a must-see this year and the next ones too... My brother still regrets not to have watched the conf live the last year.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby ShenGCH » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:52 pm

Yokosuka wrote: After the Sony conference, I was unable to sleep over almost 3 days and I was beginning to fear for my health. A new trailer definitely won't be the same boost but the conf is still a must-see this year and the next ones too... My brother still regrets not to have watched the conf live the last year.

I found out about the announcement probably five minutes after it happened whilst browsing one of my go-to game news sites, and that shit gave me something akin to an out-of-body experience, so I dread to think what would have happened had I been watching it live :lol:

...I really wish I had, though. Totally regret it now :sad:
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SMDzero » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:15 pm

I've got a feeling that we're gonna get SOMETHING. If nothing is shown at E3 then by 2017 the public will probably have forgotten about Shenmue 3... a cool teaser trailer is all we need to tide us over until next year.

Considering how good the game was looking as early as 4 months ago @ MAGIC I'm sure something great looking can be put together for E3.

SMDzero has received a thanks from: Hanzumon
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Esppiral » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:10 pm

We just need the prologue sequence of Shenmue III shown at e3, starring Shenhua (updated model) in a beautiful forest with some incredible Shenmue soundtrack in the background while she says some heartbreaking chinese proberb.

Just like in the previous Shenmue games

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Esppiral has received 3 thanks from: Hanzumon, Kiske, Nankeiro
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby delvec19 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:23 am

Way too quiet in here. Can't wait til next week!!
delvec19

Postby Peter » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:19 am

Think it's just because it's the "in between" year. Still looking forward to it all, and the current batch of leaks is starting to get the ball rolling. Monday is just an insane day. But it's still 4 days away so it will build up until then.

But this time next year and all hell will have broken loose. I mean if Shenmue HD has the best chance to be announced, it's at next years E3. Plus we will be months from Shenmue 3 being released. Scary times, especially if the next year goes by as quickly as this year went. I mean wtf. I've blinked and I've missed it seriously.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Kiske » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:55 am

Peter wrote: Think it's just because it's the "in between" year. Still looking forward to it all, and the current batch of leaks is starting to get the ball rolling. Monday is just an insane day. But it's still 4 days away so it will build up until then.

But this time next year and all hell will have broken loose. I mean if Shenmue HD has the best chance to be announced, it's at next years E3. Plus we will be months from Shenmue 3 being released. Scary times, especially if the next year goes by as quickly as this year went. I mean wtf. I've blinked and I've missed it seriously.

Personally, I'm extremely excited for E3. Especially after Cédric's answer to you (Those three !!! and ;) are just killing me!). I agree with you about the "in between" factor. The fact is that I missed the livestream of last year E3 and I would love to feel the excitement of watching the conference with the hope of a Shenmue 3 appearence. Unfortunately, it will be 3 am here so I don't think it would be reasonable to stay up this late. :sad:

As for Shenmue HD, I'm starting to give up on an announcement at this year E3. I still hop they will announce the remasters (they have to eventually [-o< ) this year at TGS or PSX. If this doesn't happen, then it has to be at E3 2017... I would completely loose faith in SEGA intention to really bring back the franchise if the announcement doesn't come by E3 2017.

Anyway... I can't wait for the Sony conference, cause I'm 99% sure there will be a treat for Shenmue fans :)
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III