Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Thief » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:27 am

phpBB [video]

a classic

Thief has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, Raithos
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:17 pm

phpBB [video]

whoa...

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: Raithos, Sonikku
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:33 am

phpBB [video]

how have i not seen this before... i should really get around to trying this game out sometime considering soulcalibur 2 is my favorite fighting game.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:18 am

What about a GTA VR session?

phpBB [video]

Kiske has received a thanks from: Kintor
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kintor » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:40 am

Wow, that was awesome! How have I not seen this video before today? The madness and beauty of GTA condensed into seven minutes.

You know, I still don't own a copy of GTA V. I should really do something about that...
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Rakim » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:44 pm

phpBB [video]

OMG the feels. I can't believe it's a fake.

Rakim has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:12 pm

Thief wrote:
phpBB [video]

how have i not seen this before... i should really get around to trying this game out sometime considering soulcalibur 2 is my favorite fighting game.

That takes me way back. I remember Sophitia's tits got larger and larger with every single entry in the series. I like to muse that by Soul Calibur 5 it got to be too much for her and she was like "God just kill me". :lol:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby shredingskin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:46 am

Final Fantasy versus XIII turned into a hardcore gay sex game so gradually I didn't even notice.

Really, I miss the dark atmosphere and neoclassical/contemporary feeling of the first trailers so fucking much.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby shredingskin » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:25 am

phpBB [video]

I can listen to this guy till the end of time (sadly that's when his interactive storytelling project will get released).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Thief » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:34 pm

I've never even heard of this guy, but he seems to be a big figure in the video game industry -- or was. What games of his are worth playing? I'm interested to explore his games.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 pm

They're all old games.

There's siboot (something he wants to make a reboot of, with his new "storytelling engine"), it's interesting (weird, you kinda need to read a softnovel to get into it), and some old strategy games...

I like him more for his attitude and ramblings than for his games. He's right in some places, very wrong in others, but compelling to listen.

phpBB [video]

This is his most famous speech, before trying to tackle his idea of interactive storytelling (it was called storytron, now apparently it's gonna be called dramagine). Some sort of automated verb/input/response thingy that would create whatever, who knows.

Sadly his approach is not something most creators would jump in, it seems more like a paint by numbers than a tool, he thinks that people asking him to try it in Unity or UE is because they just want "a 3d world", while in reality people want an open ended tool to make THEIR games better, not just thinkering in HIS game. Authorship is pretty important for people, a difficult invisible line to draw, but certainly there's one. I had a similar experience with a third party asset.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:13 am

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/tales ... ion/136715

FYI Guys, Tales of Berseria CE is currently available again for Pre-Order through gamestop, I just pre-ordered mine! Only 10,000 are being produced and I dont know how long they will be available online from GameStop, amazon still doesnt have them available anymore either (would have prefered to pre-order through them to get my discount, but they sold out on amazon the day this CE was announced and made available...). I feel lucky I was able to find a pre-order for this now.

My only gripe... the freaking price point for this thing, $150? They have slowly increased the prices of these things since Xillia 1's which was $100, Xillia 2 and Zestiria were $130, now Berseria $150. I guess this will be the odd man out if I have to cancel a pre-order CE (im definitely not canceling Persona 5, plus the P5 one is almost $100 cheaper...)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:53 pm

I agree prices for special editions are getting out of hand. It would be hard for me to pass on a Tales one though. I've been buying from Best Buy when I can since they started GCU a few years ago. Been getting 20% off purchases long before Amazon started. I paid like 112 for Zestiria. So I try to only buy from BB and Amazon if possible. I have an order in at both places lol I will cancel one as soon as the other one ships :)
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Sonikku » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:14 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/tales ... ion/136715

FYI Guys, Tales of Berseria CE is currently available again for Pre-Order through gamestop, I just pre-ordered mine! Only 10,000 are being produced and I dont know how long they will be available online from GameStop, amazon still doesnt have them available anymore either (would have prefered to pre-order through them to get my discount, but they sold out on amazon the day this CE was announced and made available...). I feel lucky I was able to find a pre-order for this now.

My only gripe... the freaking price point for this thing, $150? They have slowly increased the prices of these things since Xillia 1's which was $100, Xillia 2 and Zestiria were $130, now Berseria $150. I guess this will be the odd man out if I have to cancel a pre-order CE (im definitely not canceling Persona 5, plus the P5 one is almost $100 cheaper...)

Businesses tend to push prices for their products up a notch and up a notch until they ask too much and face blowback. Then they go back down one notch and keep it there. They keep hiking it because you keep buying it.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Monkei » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:51 am

This is sooo damn awesome. "NO! DON'T GO!" :lol: :heart:

phpBB [video]

Monkei has received a thanks from: Thief
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming