Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

Postby dietsoap » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:27 am

Loved that little video! It looks like they're really coming along now, imo that looked final game quality.
dietsoap
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby SheepheadCG » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:32 am

Jibby wrote: Is anybody able to confirm for me whether you can go back and upgrade your pledge after completion of the survey? Or does completing the survey lock that in? Cheers!

I sent the kickstarter team a message asking about upgrading to the 600$ tier, and they told me that it could be an option in the future. I then asked if I should wait to fill out the survey just incase, or if I could fill it out now and then change it later (if the option for $600 becomes available) and Joel replied with the following:

"You can always go back and edit your survey answers until the close in September, so if something is added, it will be easy to go back in and make any changes."

Hope that helps!

SheepheadCG has received 4 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Jibby, Kiske, Suzuki Yu
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby adom11800 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:40 am

I'm kinda worried we won't hit the $7million goal now. I think everyone including me took a back seat with the campaign and thought DS took care of that.
Last edited by adom11800 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
adom11800
Master of the Three Blades

Postby kogami » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:41 am

Do you know if it will be possible to choose its physical version on PlayStation 4 in different version? (Japanese, USA, Europe), I would like a Japanese version for my collection (I already have the Japanese version of Shenmue I and II on Dreamcast)
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby adom11800 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:48 am

kogami wrote: Do you know if it will be possible to choose its physical version on PlayStation 4 in different version? (Japanese, USA, Europe), I would like a Japanese version for my collection (I already have the Japanese version of Shenmue I and II on Dreamcast)

That seems possible. I'd probably email them to ask.
adom11800

Postby WildManofBorneo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:57 am

My only gripe with the latest video is the archaic wind effects where the foliage sways unnaturally to and fro in a wavelike motion. This was the status quo for the PS2 era, but physics have evolved greatly since those days and so this comes off as very outdated. Hopefully the developers will take note and make the needed adjustments.
WildManofBorneo

Postby Telekill » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:39 pm

I really enjoyed the video as well. It's really coming together and it got me excited.

As I am in a bit of a conundrum on where I'll be when the game is shipped, I sent an e-mail direct to the survey support team to ask if there will be a way to update my shipping address beyond the Sept 30th mark. I also pledged on both the Kickstarter ($100 mark) and the Paypal Slacker Backer ($13 digital soundtrack is all I wanted), and asked if I should expect two different survey's.

I'll keep you guys posted with their reply.

Hey, at the $100 mark, I should be expecting everything below it including the $80 call back to previous characters in-game right?
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:04 pm

Telekill wrote:Hey, at the $100 mark, I should be expecting everything below it including the $80 call back to previous characters in-game right?

Yeah.

The reward description in the right-hand sidebar is inaccurate, because once you place it you can't change it, but the rewards information in the main body of the Kickstarter info is accurate and says the tier includes the World Telecom item.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Telekill
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby abaww » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:17 pm

Video looks cool, very "shenmue-esque". Also upgraded my tier, hoping to reach the 7 million dollars stretch goal. \:D/
abaww
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: abaww

Postby OL » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:11 pm

It's funny, sometimes I feel like I may be just about the only one who's actively avoiding most scraps of info that we get on the game. For all the money I spent on the kickstarter (good god, did I really spend that much?! Most expensive game I've ever bought, that's for damn sure) I'd rather the whole thing be as fresh as possible for me.

That being said, that survey video is actually impressive as hell to me. I've seen a few comments about the facial animations being bad, or about some of the effects feeling a generation or two behind.
Most important thing to me?

It actually has the same vibe as the original games.

Shucks to any of that complaining; I hope the whole game looks just like this. I didn't think they'd be able to do it, but despite the graphics obviously being far more advanced than they were in the originals, the overall visual style and the quality of the animation is weirdly comparable to the first two games, in terms of personality.
My biggest fear when the game was announced was that there would be some kind of ugly discord in visual style between games, so that going directly from a playthrough of S2 to S3 would feel jarring and unnatural. Jumps between generations can often be that way. I was one of those that used to always say, even as generations moved on, that I really wouldn't even mind if they just made S3 with the same graphics engine as the originals, in the interest of keeping the whole series as "harmonious" as can be. Always figured "next-gen" graphics would hurt it.
But no, it seems like they've made it so that the jump will be as seamless as is reasonably possible.
Serious kudos on that. It's just a throwaway survey video, but still. Fills me with a bit of extra faith that things are going well.

OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Reprise » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:01 pm

OL wrote:
Most important thing to me?

It actually has the same vibe as the original games.

Shucks to any of that complaining; I hope the whole game looks just like this. I didn't think they'd be able to do it, but despite the graphics obviously being far more advanced than they were in the originals, the overall visual style and the quality of the animation is weirdly comparable to the first two games, in terms of personality.
My biggest fear when the game was announced was that there would be some kind of ugly discord in visual style between games, so that going directly from a playthrough of S2 to S3 would feel jarring and unnatural. Jumps between generations can often be that way. I was one of those that used to always say, even as generations moved on, that I really wouldn't even mind if they just made S3 with the same graphics engine as the originals, in the interest of keeping the whole series as "harmonious" as can be. Always figured "next-gen" graphics would hurt it.
But no, it seems like they've made it so that the jump will be as seamless as is reasonably possible.
Serious kudos on that. It's just a throwaway survey video, but still. Fills me with a bit of extra faith that things are going well.

Amen dude. AMEN. That's exactly how I feel too.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenGCH » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:04 pm

WildManofBorneo wrote: My only gripe with the latest video is the archaic wind effects where the foliage sways unnaturally to and fro in a wavelike motion. This was the status quo for the PS2 era, but physics have evolved greatly since those days and so this comes off as very outdated. Hopefully the developers will take note and make the needed adjustments.

Yeah, I noticed this, too. The motion is a little too synchronous and uniform. Now, a game like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt? That is how you do wind.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby gillian_seed » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:20 pm

I haven't got any survey in my two different accounts I registered to pledge. Is that normal? Thanks.

Edit: Problem solved. I asked for a resend on Fangamer website and I already have my surveys :)
Last edited by gillian_seed on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gillian_seed
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami

Postby Anonymous81 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:30 pm

The video is super encouraging! Not that I was worried. But wow. The blueness of the sky, the sharpness of everything, the general aesthetic and artistic design of the character, even the animation. If the whole game looks approximately like this, it will definitely feel like a modern refresh of that Shenmue vibe, at least visually. Super hyped again now lol.

Also thanks for that link, Spaghetti! ETA: Surveys done. Apparently they counted every time I donated "30 on the 3rd" on the slacker backer as well as my big lump sum Kickstarter backing, and as such I'm going to have a ridiculous number of T-shirts LMAO.
Last edited by Anonymous81 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby ShenGCH » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:38 pm

gillian_seed wrote: I haven't got any survey in my two different accounts I registered to pledge. Is that normal? Thanks.

Head over to https://fulfillment.fangamer.com/kindling/shenmue3/survey_support, enter the e-mails you used to pledge, and you should receive the surveys immediately. That's what I did.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III