The Shenmue Dojo Awards

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby Nortisan » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:25 pm

Alien Dude wrote:Nortisan wrote:
I like the idea of voting for the best games. (somebody needs to do it properly)

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Well,fuck it.
Someone else can do it.I'm not going to bother.

You try to do something that others will enjoy....

And what do you get?

Grief.

Dude, that's not what I meant. I was just referring to the whole best video game awards and how it sounds like you and others here could/will put it together properly. It sounds like you guys have done (and will do) a good job.

The grief was not intended to be about the awards here...I was referring to the video game awards that Spike TV held. They did a terrible job, games that pretty much no one likes, or at least shouldn't like, won awards. I wasn't criticizing what you have been doing here. My point was, thepeople here at the dojo that put the awards together would definitely do a better job than Spike TV.
Nortisan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby QWERTY » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:29 pm

Nortisan wrote:
Alien Dude wrote:Nortisan wrote:
I like the idea of voting for the best games. (somebody needs to do it properly)

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Well,fuck it.
Someone else can do it.I'm not going to bother.

You try to do something that others will enjoy....

And what do you get?

Grief.

Dude, that's not what I meant. I was just referring to the whole best video game awards and how it sounds like you and others here could/will put it together properly. It sounds like you guys have done (and will do) a good job.

The grief was not intended to be about the awards here...I was referring to the video game awards that Spike TV held. They did a terrible job, games that pretty much no one likes, or at least shouldn't like, won awards. I wasn't criticizing what you have been doing here. My point was, thepeople here at the dojo that put the awards together would definitely do a better job than Spike TV.

Fair enough dude.
It seemed different the way it came across.

I'm seeing at the moment if JAPANFAN wants to co-host this thing with me.
It would make my life a bit easier if he helped. :D
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby IveBeenCensored » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:01 pm

AxM wrote:good name :tup:

and also... we need to yonk the golden member award of the month from andy and keep that going. jus like thee ol forum planet days..

Okay, how about there is a vote for the member to get it or something (like post the person you think should recieve it in a topic) and whoever gets the most gets it, from then on it is passed on. I think this could work

And with the forum awards, we don't need to worry about that for a few months. Although I think I should be involved to give them a bit of a "kick" instead of just the same old awards.
IveBeenCensored
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:02 am

Good Ren Suzuki wrote:

and also... we need to yonk the golden member award of the month from andy and keep that going. jus like thee ol forum planet days..

Okay, how about there is a vote for the member to get it or something (like post the person you think should receive it in a topic) and whoever gets the most gets it, from then on it is passed on. I think this could work

And with the forum awards, we don't need to worry about that for a few months. Although I think I should be involved to give them a bit of a "kick" instead of just the same old awards.

yes. we should get going on an official topic for the golden member soon.
if WS doesn't mind. i think he should open up one in the Sanctuary. make it 1 of 3 threads to choose...

the listing of a(1) member you'd like to nominee.
a poll consisting of the most members nominated.
and a 2nd poll choosing the final 3 canidates.

then ofcourse whoever wins it, passes it on to who ever they choose in a month. just like old times.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby IveBeenCensored » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:41 am

AxM wrote:
Good Ren Suzuki wrote:

Okay, how about there is a vote for the member to get it or something (like post the person you think should receive it in a topic) and whoever gets the most gets it, from then on it is passed on. I think this could work

if WS doesn't mind. i think he should open up one in the Sanctuary. make it 1 of 3 threads to choose...

then ofcourse whoever wins it, passes it on to who ever they choose in a month. just like old times.

I'd prefer simpler. Simply each member (lets say who has 100+ posts to eliminate cheating) gets a chance to say who they vote for in a topic. They get to pick one name and whoever gets the most votes wins it, then it is passed on. While Andy was a good pick for the last one, I was worried this would happen, since he is never on this site.
IveBeenCensored
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:29 am

Good Ren Suzuki wrote:
AxM wrote:
Good Ren Suzuki wrote:

I'd prefer simpler. Simply each member (lets say who has 100+ posts to eliminate cheating) gets a chance to say who they vote for in a topic. They get to pick one name and whoever gets the most votes wins it, then it is passed on. While Andy was a good pick for the last one, I was worried this would happen, since he is never on this site.

ya, thats exactly what i just said minus the last poll.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:49 pm

Woah! :shock:

Peter left, does this mean that someone on the internet actually left when they said/threatened they would? :O ;)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby CT » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:51 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:Woah! :shock:

Peter left, does this mean that someone on the internet actually left when they said/threatened they would? :O ;)

Hehe, he also threatened/qttempted to leave about 5 times.
CT
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby XR_END » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:21 pm

^^
danielalan wrote:Peter was not too-pleased with the merging...well, the stupidity that the situation seamed to evoke. He removed his sig./avatar in protest and seamed to slowly siphon-away from the Dojo. Last I heard, he lost connection to the Internet. :(

I'm sure he will find his way back once the Internet becomes available for him again.

[QUOTED FOR EMPHASIS]

Peter was just attempting to trigger change in the manner the community was going about the current state of affairs(merging). In the end, it seams everything has worked itself-out(usually does) and things are for the most-part, calm.
XR_END
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:05 pm

^^

Yes, but he said he would leave if TEEPO was unbanned on several occasions, and if Hellraiser's actions remained (in the shape of ShenmueAddict and Virtua staying as admins).

And anyway, my post was sarcastic, drawing on that the fact that internet access has now been denied has been somewhat convenient. ;)

But the part about everything working itself out is true. This place is an entity of its own with its own character regardless of the members (apart from from a few BIG occurences like the forum itself changing versions like Ikonboard to Forumplanet to phpBB 2.0 etc. and a certain other more dubious one...)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby TEEPO™ » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:43 pm

Ok everyone. I am going to improve the Shenmue Dojo Awards. I will include new categories and create better awards. Voting will take place next month.

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: QWERTY
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby GP 68-99-08 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:17 pm

TEEPO™ wrote:Ok everyone. I am going to improve the Shenmue Dojo Awards. I will include new categories and create better awards. Voting will take place next month.

Heh, can't wait for that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GP 68-99-08
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Glen6899
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:39 am

:)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby XR_END » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:37 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:^^

Yes, but he said he would leave if TEEPO was unbanned on several occasions, and if Hellraiser's actions remained (in the shape of ShenmueAddict and Virtua staying as admins).

Yeah, but TEEPO is on a very short-leash and ShenmueAddict/Virtua(more-so) don't seam to be causing any situation of notable concern(laying low?)....whatever the case, I wouldn't take it as going back on one's word if Peter changed his mind(at-least in this situation).

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:And anyway, my post was sarcastic, drawing on that the fact that internet access has now been denied has been somewhat convenient. ;)

But the part about everything working itself out is true. This place is an entity of its own with its own character regardless of the members (apart from from a few BIG occurences like the forum itself changing versions like Ikonboard to Forumplanet to phpBB 2.0 etc. and a certain other more dubious one...)

I agree. ;)
XR_END
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Previous

Return to Off Topic