Wanted: Video Game Testers in Germany

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Wanted: Video Game Testers in Germany

Postby RKM_Frankfurt » Sun May 21, 2006 4:03 am

Hi - I hope I've picked the right forum...

Our client Nintendo is a world-known market-leader in the interactive entertainment industry. We can offer several vacancies as Video-Game-Tester for European Native Speakers (British, French, Spanish, Italian, German)

Video Games Tester French/Italian/Spanish/German/GB (m/f)

Job description
You will be playing video-games full-time (40hrs/week).
The task is to proof-read video games before they are launched on the market.
This includes spell-checking the in-game texts as well as the manuals and also finding hidden bugs while actually playing the game.

Your profile:
You have a high affinity to video games and have always wanted to make a living out of playing them. You are highly reliable and have an excellent understanding of language. If you are no English native speaker, your command of the English language is excellent. You enjoy working in an international environment and have very good communication skills.

Pay:
Pay will be about € 1.100 a month/net.

Frankfurt am Main – one of the most exciting cities in Germany.

Please note that you are expected to come to Frankfurt beforehand for an interview with our client. We can help with finding accommodation and any questions occuring.
In order to work in Germany, you need to be holding a German work permit or be an EU national. :arrow:

Working hours:
Shift-Work is possible (06:00-14:00 and 14:30-23:00), alternatively from 8:45 till 17:00. Times vary according to project. The jobs will be starting throughout 2006, so do not hesitate to contact us now or later.

Got you "hooked"?
Then please apply by email sending us your CV in English, a current picture, work-references and/or diplomas as well as a list of the video games you have played.

We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Your RKM Team in Frankfurt

RKM GmbH Personaldienstleistungen
Klingerstrasse 25
60313 Frankfurt am Main
Fon: +49 69 9203770
Fax: +49 69 92037755

mpaesler[at]rkm.de
www.rkm.de

Questions? Send us an email.
RKM_Frankfurt
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby white lotus » Sun May 21, 2006 7:52 am

Pay will be about € 1.100 a month/net.

how much is that in USD?
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby Staplerfahrer Klaus » Sun May 21, 2006 8:16 am

^ That's about $1400 a month.

I would be interested. My English is above average, and I love playing video games. But I wouldn't really want to live in Germany. Also, it's still a month until I finish my GCSEs, so I don't have any qualifications.
Staplerfahrer Klaus
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby EWJ » Sun May 21, 2006 9:42 am

€ 1.100, is that all? I wouldn't relocate to another country for double that amount, especially to test (note: not play) games for a living. unfinished and probably low quality games too.
EWJ
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby RKM_Frankfurt » Sun May 21, 2006 4:06 pm

@ EWJ -
well, you DO get to play them. They even have tournaments. But testing comes first, doesn't it? :P
And the 1.100 are NET, yours to play with, health insurance, pension, social security things payed.

Questions?
Send an email to me.

Kind regards
Mel
RKM_Frankfurt
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Staplerfahrer Klaus » Sun May 21, 2006 6:57 pm

RKM_Frankfurt wrote:And the 1.100 are NET, yours to play with, health insurance, pension, social security things payed.

You mean after taxes? Not bad, if that's the case.
Staplerfahrer Klaus
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby EWJ » Sun May 21, 2006 7:12 pm

Staplerfahrer Klaus wrote:
RKM_Frankfurt wrote:And the 1.100 are NET, yours to play with, health insurance, pension, social security things payed.

That only comes to around £750. I was earning more than that when I was 15 and that was even below the minimum wage.
EWJ
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby IveBeenCensored » Sun May 21, 2006 10:42 pm

Staplerfahrer Klaus wrote:

for no formal education, it's not bad. But if someone has to relocate to get the job probably not worth it. For someone in Germany though, wouldn't be bad.
IveBeenCensored
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Clint » Sun May 21, 2006 10:48 pm

EWJ wrote:€ 1.100, is that all? I wouldn't relocate to another country for double that amount, especially to test (note: not play) games for a living. unfinished and probably low quality games too.

I agree.

Doesn't sound like a bad job but that pay is ridiculous. You can get more working 45 hours a week in McDonalds. Who in the right mind would relocate to Germany for peanuts? Not me thats for sure...
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Tomiki » Sun May 21, 2006 10:50 pm

I seriously don't think this guy is asking anyone to relocate to any country. They have jobs like that in the U.S. and other places.
Tomiki
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Kiyuu » Sun May 21, 2006 11:20 pm

Tomiki wrote:I seriously don't think this guy is asking anyone to relocate to any country. They have jobs like that in the U.S. and other places.

He's asking people to move to Germany, I believe.

RKM_Frankfurt wrote:Location
Frankfurt am Main – one of the most exciting cities in Germany.

Please note that you are expected to come to Frankfurt beforehand for an interview with our client. We can help with finding accommodation and any questions occuring.
In order to work in Germany, you need to be holding a German work permit or be an EU national. :arrow:

Interesting offer, anyway! :)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Tomiki » Sun May 21, 2006 11:52 pm

I see, even if you live in another European country it wouldn't be worth it.
Tomiki

Re: Wanted: Video Game Testers in Germany

Postby IveBeenCensored » Mon May 22, 2006 12:19 am

RKM_Frankfurt wrote:If you are no English native speaker, your command of the English language is excellent.

the irony

Also you must be pretty desperate for employees if you're advertising on some random message board.

I wonder what kind of pension you get with 1,100 a month salary? Also a pension is only good if you plan to stay there for life, which I don't think many people would.
IveBeenCensored
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Tomiki » Mon May 22, 2006 12:40 am

They're advertising on this board because Shenmue Dojo keeps it real.
Tomiki

Postby Clint » Mon May 22, 2006 10:18 pm

Tomiki wrote:I see, even if you live in another European country it wouldn't be worth it.

Let me guess........you're American?
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Next

Return to Off Topic