BBC Show VideoGaiden Starts Shenmue 3 Campaign

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

BBC Show VideoGaiden Starts Shenmue 3 Campaign

Postby biglime » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:34 am

Don't get excited, guys. I'm in here to tell all of YOU first, that it isn't good news.

We got contacted by a member of Sega staff, and we can at least clear some things up.

Despite any rumours, Shenmue III is not at any stage of development, and is not in Sega's plans.

"This is hardly an official statement, but I can tell you that despite rumours to the contrary, there is nothing in the works for Shenmue III. However, SEGA is aware of Shenmue's position and the special place it holds for fans, and we would never discount the possibility of doing another one.

There is no Shenmue 3 in the works because Suzuki-san is too busy on Shenmue online and will be for another couple of years at least. There is every possibility that he would want to do a Shenmue 3, but the general feeling is that it won't happen in the next 3-5 years; or until SEGA reaches it's current business goals - That is to become a top 3 publisher.

I’d tell our fans not to give up hope – but not to hold their breath either."

That's it in a nutshell. While the guy says that it's "not an official statement" this is just to keep him in the clear with his bosses in Japan. Shenmue III isn't going to happen anytime soon, no matter how much we want it to.

I'm gutted that I can't come out of this with something more positive for you all. The thing that annoys me most is that Sega seem to be suggesting that the only way it will happen is if Sega's fortunes really pick up - but in my opinion Sega are producing some poor games these days. The latest Sonic games, for example, are a disgrace. So does Sega DESERVE to have their fortunes improved?

I dunno. Disappointed.

Anyway, at least it clears up any bullshit stories (such as the Kikizo one) about Shenmue III being "out there" somewhere.

Really sorry, guys. Wanted to tell you first, because we never had much time to cover it on the show.

Thanks for all the input. At least now we know where we stand.

Sickened...
-----------------------------------
(BBC Source at Sega)
Also, at the BBC we name our sources. In our case, our information came from Ben Andac, who is a senior games consultant at Sega Europe. He's the guy who "watches trends" and pitches possible projects to the company. Seiki Saito at Sega Japan also confirmed that he wanted it to be clear that fans don't misunderstand and think that Shenmue III is in the works at Sega. Believe me, neither man is "just a PR guy." Both are deeply involved in the future of Sega.
Last edited by biglime on Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:46 am, edited 20 times in total.
biglime
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Hazuki Legend » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:04 am

To me this news is very exciting. Just the fact that coming from the UK i know how strong the bbc media is, i have full confidence in them being able to get an answer from Sega.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby BlooDsTainD » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:06 am

holy shit the bbc on our side.... this is big, i gotta think of somethin stupid to do involving the campaign lol, although is the show only shown on bbc scotland? i dnt think i have that :/

edit: by the way theres TGE of shenmue that should DEFINITELY be used as evidence of shenmues fan base www.gangentertainment.org , check that out if you havent seen it before biglime
BlooDsTainD
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby fuku_san » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:09 am

All the dojo need to cooperate with this crusade. We need answers.
fuku_san
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mom

Postby Hazuki Legend » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:13 am

BlooDsTainD wrote:holy shit the bbc on our side.... this is big, i gotta think of somethin stupid to do involving the campaign lol, although is the show only shown on bbc scotland? i dnt think i have that :/

edit: by the way theres TGE of shenmue that should DEFINITELY be used as evidence of shenmues fan base www.gangentertainment.org , check that out if you havent seen it before biglime

If you have sky then you can find all the BBC channels but theyre in the 800 section i think, you get BBC Scotland, BBC Wales, BBC Oxford, BBC Manchester etc etc...

The Gang Edition is by far the best form of support for Shenmue, i mean they're is no other dedicated fanbase that can compare to Shenmue.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

Postby BlooDsTainD » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:21 am

i have ntl cable (i rarely watch tv to pay for sky) :( ah well hopefully it will pop up on youtube or here somewhere
BlooDsTainD
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby ys » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:36 am

Hm, this is cool. Where does all this talk about Shenmue come from all of a sudden? Weird. Maybe Sega themselves are behind this? ;)
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Hazuki Legend » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:40 am

http://news.spong.com/article/11025

Even SPOnG is picking up on things now.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:45 am

Alright lets do this. I will start a thread at the offical xbox site to draw a lot of shenmue fans.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby fuku_san » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:54 am

Hazuki-San wrote:Alright lets do this. I will start a thread at the offical xbox site to draw a lot of shenmue fans.

And what about the official SEGA site too? 8)
fuku_san
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:16 am

Fuku_san wrote:
Hazuki-San wrote:Alright lets do this. I will start a thread at the offical xbox site to draw a lot of shenmue fans.

And what about the official SEGA site too? 8)

:D Thanks let's do this guy's.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Himuro » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:24 am

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/sega/bbc-k ... 210902.php

Kotaku is in on it!

Amazing this all happened on my bday! A premonition!
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby fuku_san » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:39 am

Hazuki-San wrote: :D Thanks let's do this guy's.

Let´s do it, lets break microsoft and sega balls :lol:

Himuro wrote:http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/sega/bbc-kicks-off-shenmue-iii-campaign-210902.php

Kotaku is in on it!

Amazing this all happened on my bday! A premonition!

Great! we need our fucking shenmue III answer. :)
fuku_san
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby biglime » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:48 am

youTube group for all your video testimonials, songs, anything.

ANYTHING.

http://www.youtube.com/group/videogaiden
biglime

Postby fuku_san » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:11 pm

biglime wrote:youTube group for all your video testimonials, songs, anything.

ANYTHING.

http://www.youtube.com/group/videogaiden

This is bad, no videos yet :lol:
fuku_san
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to Shenmue III