BBC Show VideoGaiden Starts Shenmue 3 Campaign

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby NiGHTS 3:16 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:47 pm

It may be time to put on my thong once again. Then I'll paint Shenmue 3 on myself and run through central Bristol. It will be worth the stabbing.
NiGHTS 3:16
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Ultramonkey » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:52 pm

This is great news, perhaps if someone sent this link to http://www.majornelson.com/ it might get posted and more interest is bound to be attracted.

Releasing Shenmue III would only boost sales of Xbox360 in Japan/China, 100,000 360s + Blue Dragon bundles have already been preordered.
Ultramonkey
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Peter » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:53 pm

Ive read the campaign page a few times, and im a bit lost. Are these guys united in finding out week by week new information on Shenmue 3, or is this just a quest to find out if Shenmue is a good game or a bad game, and also that Shenmue 3 should come out? I mean one seems to be FOR Shenmue 3 and the other seems to be AGAINST.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:05 pm

Peter wrote:Wow this is one topic thats made me log back in to the Dojo and post some Shenmue related comments, thats for sure.

I know this can be dismissed as a "whaaa? Who is... and why are they..."
but the fact remains that this is actually officially a BBC related topic, with it being featured on an official broadcasted television show and website. This is an official media outcry for Shenmue 3, and i really feel like all efforts can be made here to once again push and show Sega that Shenmue 3 is still a burning question from its now 6 year die hard fanbase.

It should be drilled inot them that Shenmue Online is NOT WELCOME outside of Korea and China, and that we will only be happy with a full Shenmue 3. We have had online petitions and e-mails beofre, but i really feel the opportunity is there to propell Shenmue 3 into the spotlight once more. Again even if Sega say "No Comment" then it will at least show them once more that this financial thron in their side will not go away and heal until it is fully treated. I will keep a close eye on this topic, and if theres any plans or any help needed then please ask.

Also it would be nice to see some of the old veterans and big hitters in the Shenmue community to at least post in this topic and let us know your there.....Hellraiser, LanDC, WhiteShadow, Silas....come on where are you all?

Yes, intelligent members welcome. :roll:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Peter » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:23 pm

And what you mean by that?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Hazuki Legend » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:24 pm

I don't think any admins have logged in yet, but i believe this news should be put on the main page.

I think Alimn has passed out after seeing this news hence why he hasn't posted.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby Lutz » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:25 pm

We should convince the to show parts from shenmue III the gang edition!
Lutz

Postby fuku_san » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:29 pm

Lutz wrote:We should convince the to show parts from shenmue III the gang edition!

I agree that will help to show the big fanbase 8)
fuku_san
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mom

Postby Ultramonkey » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:34 pm

I think its time to dust off the Dreamcast and whip Shenmue out.
Ultramonkey

Postby b_ren » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:39 pm

Peter wrote:Ive read the campaign page a few times, and im a bit lost. Are these guys united in finding out week by week new information on Shenmue 3, or is this just a quest to find out if Shenmue is a good game or a bad game, and also that Shenmue 3 should come out? I mean one seems to be FOR Shenmue 3 and the other seems to be AGAINST.

Yeah it looks to me like it's a campaign for "Should" Shenmue III out rather than actually questioning SEGA about it.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby fuku_san » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:00 pm

DeadPool was right we need to slow down with this or we will get crushed if it doesn´t work.
But they say they will try to get an answer.

If it doesn´t work I will get crushed, Maybe the old members not because the don´t get hiper-excited with any shenmue III mention.
fuku_san
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: with your mom

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:24 pm

Peter wrote:And what you mean by that?

You know, you came across as sounding like that really. It wasn't exactly nice. Besides, I myself am an old member, older than you in fact! ;)

And the answer to Fuku-san is, yes, we do not get ourselves too hyped up over such news as this, but it is always welcome, only when we get confirmation off Sega can people start celebrating, even then, Sega are well known for canning a fuck load of games. :roll:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Peter » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:54 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:

You know, you came across as sounding like that really. It wasn't exactly nice. Besides, I myself am an old member, older than you in fact! ;)

Oh i know that i didnt mean it like that at all. I meant older members )unlike me, you and a few others) have just vanished off the face of the earth, and perhaps its time for something to happen for them to return. All members who have left due to a loss of interest for example. I have a feeling that this "campaign" is gonna need every voice, every figure possible, like the petition for example, to make it credible enough that Sega actually sit up and go, "Hey this Shenmue 3 business just isnt going away..."

Sorry if i sounded rude or offended the likes of yourself and older members, it wasnt meant for that intention
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby ys » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:20 pm

Hazuki Legend wrote:I think Alimn has passed out after seeing this news hence why he hasn't posted.

lol I was wondering there. Or maybe he's already brewing on some projects :P

Henry Spencer wrote:

And the answer to Fuku-san is, yes, we do not get ourselves too hyped up over such news as this, but it is always welcome, only when we get confirmation off Sega can people start celebrating, even then, Sega are well known for canning a fuck load of games. :roll:

I was about to say the same. It's not like I'm all excited now all day long. More like a "hm, nice but we'll see how this turns out". I don't really get their message either though. One is for and the other against apparently. Maybe it's just to show both sides? But it might be promotion no matter what. I just wonder how they will tackle that "dual stance" in their show. Maybe that was needed for legal reasons? I did read in one of their statements that they went over this with lawyers since they aren't allowed to promote single games. Maybe this is the way they can get away with it? By "researching" more about a title that could get released?
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby cApNhOwDy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:30 pm

SHAMNOO 333?!!111?!!1

We can only hope for the best.
cApNhOwDy
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III