Shenmue Update (Email from Adam Doree)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:36 pm

Sonikku wrote:What a crying shame.

You'd think the least Sega could do would be to come out and give us a certain "It's Over." as opposed to the "You'll see!" tag line they keep feeding us every year. But even that seems too much to ask. You're dead to me Sega. Dead.

Thanks to Hell for once again keeping us in the loop, even when Sega/Yu Suzuki cannot.

Agreed, and again, they never officially come out and cancel ANYTHING. Can anyone remember a time when they have officially canceled something or even said they are putting a project on hold, in recent memory (recent memory = last 7 years)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Spoonfan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:38 pm

Oh.
Spoonfan
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:41 pm

Can't blame 'em really...
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby QWERTY » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:42 pm

It's been such a long time that I don't even really care tbh.

*shrug*
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Captain Lars Kegstealer » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:49 pm

ys wrote:
Bad Cab wrote:Damn, I bet you guys all feel like dicks.

Damn, I bet you feel all cool now after saying that.

I don't get it? Why would I feel cool?
Captain Lars Kegstealer
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:54 pm

Anyone else get that final nail in the coffin feelin? Don't worry though, I'm gonna be one of those annoyin twats who ended up gettin rich, and I want Shenmue finished goddamnit!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:02 am

Mittens II wrote:Anyone else get that final nail in the coffin feelin? Don't worry though, I'm gonna be one of those annoyin twats who ended up gettin rich, and I want Shenmue finished goddamnit!

and how do you plan on gettin rich?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:18 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Mittens II wrote:Anyone else get that final nail in the coffin feelin? Don't worry though, I'm gonna be one of those annoyin twats who ended up gettin rich, and I want Shenmue finished goddamnit!

and how do you plan on gettin rich?

Coz Im an entity. King of the burbs. Ghetto revival baby. We a movement. Hallelujah holla back..

I have an elaborate scheme that includes a business plan, amongst plenty of things that fall under 'other'.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Yutaka Suzuki » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:02 am

i don't why people taking this seriously !!!!!!

there is no confirmation yet

and i am higly believe that this whole story is just what Adam Doree think nothing more nothing less

even i don't know why the subject is a sticky ?? the whole thing isn't official
Yutaka Suzuki
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:58 am

I think Yu Suzuki should quit Sega and head over to Tri-Ace and apply for a job. Shenmue Online shouldn't have been cancelled at this point... too much went into it... the resulting gameplay environments should at least be used for SOMETHING.
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby alimn » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 am

Rukawa wrote:
KiD wrote:Well said LanDC, that's exactly how everyone here probably feels... it's how I feel at least.

You know what really bothers me, is that Shenmue is a far better game than Yakuza (IMO), and Yakuza did a lot better than Shenmue in the Japanese market. And the only reason I see to why that is, is because Yakuza was on the PS2. Had Shenmue been on the PS2 to start with, I'm sure we would have seen SIII by now.

But we can't really do anything about that now... what's done is done

If Shenmue was in the PS2, we already will be playing Shenmue 5.

And maybe Shenmue 10.

Can't they release SI and SII now on PS2?
as I see PS2 is still alive, they can even release it on Wii
(Nintendo Wii has current gen-like graphics and they
don't need to waste money for improving the graphics)

Regards-Alimn
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:31 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Sonikku wrote:What a crying shame.

You'd think the least Sega could do would be to come out and give us a certain "It's Over." as opposed to the "You'll see!" tag line they keep feeding us every year. But even that seems too much to ask. You're dead to me Sega. Dead.

Thanks to Hell for once again keeping us in the loop, even when Sega/Yu Suzuki cannot.

Agreed, and again, they never officially come out and cancel ANYTHING. Can anyone remember a time when they have officially canceled something or even said they are putting a project on hold, in recent memory (recent memory = last 7 years)

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere about the jet set radio series being officially canceled.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby Visual Memory » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:53 am

I wonder what the legal situation is like. I mean would it be possible for Suzuki to work with another developer to make Shenmue 3? After all he is the one who invented it but I think he would need a lincense from SegaSammy.
Well, I wouldn't mind Capcom, Konami or even Nintendo making Shenmue 3 if they cooperate with Yu Suzuki and follow his storyline, concept and vision for the game. That'd be awesome.

I think if there is absolutely no possibilty to do that which would pretty much mean there is no possibility to ever make Shenmue 3, Suzuki should leave Sega.

Oh and by the way, we should get Sega or should I say Sammy to drop the bomb officially now. Make them say: "Our company will never make Shenmue 3. The complete saga will never be released as a Sega product." We all know it, so make 'em say it. Our only hope is Suzuki-San working with another developer.
Last edited by Visual Memory on Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visual Memory
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiyuu » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:53 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Agreed, and again, they never officially come out and cancel ANYTHING. Can anyone remember a time when they have officially canceled something or even said they are putting a project on hold, in recent memory (recent memory = last 7 years)

Propeller Arena?
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby ToL » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:13 am

Kiyuu wrote:Propeller Arena?

That game looked great. Would have loved to have played it.

Anyway, Yu should not only leave Sega , but take the entire AM2 development house, and the Shenmue 3 rights, with him, and set up a new company.

Yeah, okay, I'm dreaming. But so what.
ToL
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III