Shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Joe Pesci » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:35 pm

Yeah, my PC reads it as question marks. Why would he edit and change it to Japanese? Just to throw us off, I guess. Kiyuu, I wouldn't try talking with this guy, I doubt he'll be of any great assistance other than being a pointless troll with no life.
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Ryo's Room » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:21 am

All I see is Japanese... At the end is "Keni-Yurin" or am I god awful at reading katakana?
Ryo's Room
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby VGAce » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:16 am

Virtua Hazuki wrote:
VGAce wrote:It might be possible that this guy is just stating his opinion, but because of his bad English (which didn't seem at all bad to me), we're taking it as some sort of hoax official announcement. Or, yeah, he could be pulling our leg (more likely). Either way, he's not saying much.

Also, anyone find it funny how he put a copyright behind Shenmue III, a game that does not exist and therefore can't be copyrighted yet? :lol:

There's no need to flame him, it was his difficulty in English that caused the misinterpretation, it was merely his opinion as a gamer.

Flame him? Are you high? What I said was one of the nicer sentiments in this thread. Or did you miss all the "fuck offs" and birdies? :roll:
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby LuckyLuciano » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:33 am

This is gay... Probably more gay than anything ever said here on this site. And that is saying a lot.
LuckyLuciano
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Location: The Place where Shenmue 3 is hidden. It's nice here.

Postby Hazuki Legend » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:22 am

No no, guys you are all wrong. We all know it says that the answer to Shenmue's destiny is "You'll See."
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby Virtua Hazuki » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:28 pm

VGAce wrote:
Virtua Hazuki wrote:
VGAce wrote:It might be possible that this guy is just stating his opinion, but because of his bad English (which didn't seem at all bad to me), we're taking it as some sort of hoax official announcement. Or, yeah, he could be pulling our leg (more likely). Either way, he's not saying much.

Also, anyone find it funny how he put a copyright behind Shenmue III, a game that does not exist and therefore can't be copyrighted yet? :lol:

There's no need to flame him, it was his difficulty in English that caused the misinterpretation, it was merely his opinion as a gamer.

Flame him? Are you high? What I said was one of the nicer sentiments in this thread. Or did you miss all the "fuck offs" and
birdies? :roll:

You got me wrong, lmao, I was agreeing with you there, about his poor english being the reason, I quoted your post cause it put a good point across. Sorry if my post caused any confusion. :lol: I'll go edit it.
Virtua Hazuki
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SirGamesAlot » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:05 pm

to whoever just stated that you cant get a copyright on something thats not made i think you're wrong. Just because its not released doesnt mean sega doesnt want someone else to do the copyright on the game before they do, of course they will copyright their product before it hits the streets.

Clearly to fix this matter all you need to do is contact this character from sega and see if he wrote this hahaha.

- Eddy
SirGamesAlot
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Hazuki Legend » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:23 pm

Why doesn't the dojo copyright the name Shenmue III, then that way would know if Sega are going to make is as they'd have to buy the name from us. And if it has already been copyrighted then we should know that Sega could be working on it.

I'm serious about bying the name.

EDIT - http://www.copyright.gov/forms/search_estimate.html

This is the official US government copyright website, it says that they can search for a copyright but a fee has to be paid.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby SirGamesAlot » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:49 pm

im nearly positive Shenmue3 is copyrighted thats like Playstation not copyrighting PS2 when it was clear that the hardware for PS1 was getting too old.

Even if sega just hints to the fact that they might even think about working on Shenmue 3 they would copyright it first, because otherwise like Hazuki Legend pointed out we'd buy that shit up like hot cakes on Ebay.

Byaaah!
SirGamesAlot

Re: Shenmue 3

Postby fuku_san » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:56 pm

1offposter wrote:Shenmue III

First of all, i must apologize for my english spelling. as this is a first for me. and will have to ask you all to excuse my wording and spelling of the following.

Many of you have been wondering about the current status of Shenmue III©. The facts are, Yes Shenmue III© has been completed, Yes it follows from the original story line and plot, No there are currently no plans for any future release of this game, or that of it's story line.

However, Shenmue Online© is still currently under development, and will soon be released. As a fresh new plot outline and new game style, that will appeal to a newer audience, aswell as old fans of the series.

While there are currently no firm plans for a 3rd installment of the Shenmue© storyline. Based on sales of Shenmue Online©, there may be newer installments to come.

With the release of shenmue II, came bad sales of the game and that of releases of the english voiced and updated versions for Xbox©. That cannot be ignored. Shenmue Online, will hope to highten the sales, aswell as bring more and more fans to the series. If the game is a success, More shenmue games will be developed.

The facts are, If Shenmue Online, is received well and hightens sales for the series, Then plans for Shenmue III, will go ahead (For lack of better words). Bringing a newer fresh, audience to the story, aswell as that from fans. But as of yet, we currently have no idea of how Shenmue Online will be received, and therefore cannot comment on the future of Shenmue's main story line.

But if plans do go in motion, then Shenmue©, may be sold as a whole, Including 3 games, spanning 16 chapters. To avoid bad sales, and to finnish the series. But as stated before, There are currently no plans for a release of Shenmue III©

Kenny YU Ling

Who is he?
fuku_san
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mom

Postby VGAce » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:15 am

Virtua Hazuki wrote:
VGAce wrote:
Virtua Hazuki wrote:

Flame him? Are you high? What I said was one of the nicer sentiments in this thread. Or did you miss all the "fuck offs" and
birdies? :roll:

You got me wrong, lmao, I was agreeing with you there, about his poor english being the reason, I quoted your post cause it put a good point across. Sorry if my post caused any confusion. :lol: I'll go edit it.

Oh, sorry. :lol:

Though I think you can see how easy it was to misinterpret your original post. ;)

SirGamesAlot wrote:to whoever just stated that you cant get a copyright on something thats not made i think you're wrong. Just because its not released doesnt mean sega doesnt want someone else to do the copyright on the game before they do, of course they will copyright their product before it hits the streets.

Clearly to fix this matter all you need to do is contact this character from sega and see if he wrote this hahaha.

Actually, after a little research, it seems like if the name were registered, it would be a trademark and not a copyright. "Shenmue" is the name of an intellectual property, which trademarks cover (along with brands and phrases). Copyrights cover whole works and ideas which have been put into a complete and tangible form (i.e. a released game). As an artistic work, Shenmue III the game is not complete and hasn't seen a public release or even announcement. As such, it isn't yet copyrighted because it is incomplete (if you could copyright every half-idea and minor notion you ever had, copyright infringement would be widespread). Now, the name "Shenmue" is trademarked because there have been previous works released under this name, and something can be trademarked even if it hasn't been publically released or is incomplete. So if Sega really had registered the legal rights to Shenmue III already, it would most assuredly be a trademark (TM) and not a copyright (C). Perhaps my little joke has spurred a factual basis to debunk 1offposter's claims (though I doubt few believed him in the first place). I could be wrong though, it's still kind of confusing. I just made the joke because it seemed like he was trying to make his announcement sound more "official" by putting in copyrights and whatnot after every utterance of the word "Shenmue III," though it now seems such an attempt may have backfired on him.

(For the record, Shenmue I and Shenmue II both were trademarked, not copyrighted, hence why I'd guess Shenmue III would be trademarked as well.)
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Captain Lars Kegstealer » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:28 pm

I hate dry beef jerky
Captain Lars Kegstealer
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Focused___Soul » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:38 pm

The part that makes me laugh most, is that it has been completed but is not planned for release, would that not be a horrific waste of money and time?

FOADIAF
Focused___Soul
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby VGAce » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:27 am

Indeed, which is why I'm expecting the game to eventually be released, either under Sega's banner or someone else's.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

1 off poster

Postby Yamanose1 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:49 am

can this guy change his name 2 2offposter so he can answer are damn questions!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by the way guys is there a Shenmue Online trailer?
Yamanose1

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III