Shenmue 2 Really bad ending

(Chapters 3-6)

Shenmue 2 Really bad ending

Postby pilcher » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:33 pm

Who thinks that when ryo visits gulin and meets shenhua it gets a bit CRAP for example there always talking about plants or animals and and when there in the cave looking for shenhua's father they find a sword and fit it into a little slot the light light up and so do the walls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its a bit UNREALISTIC

WHAT DO U THINK??????????????????????????
pilcher

Postby drporkchop » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:41 pm

If character devolpement and beautiful scenery are "crap," then yes.
drporkchop
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Beck » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:42 pm

It freaked me out the first time i got to the end, and i sdaw floating swords and magic etc... But i've grown to like it. And Yu and his team made the ending slow and just talking because he wanted us to get to know Shen Hua, as she is a main character and will have a big part in the story. And the magic was put at the end and not saved for the start of Shenmue 3 becuase it left us on a cliff hanger, like "wow...she has powers!! Aww why did it have to end there, i cant wait for Shenmue 3..."
Beck
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Crystalark » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:43 pm

I think it's Ok, it's basically just a prologue for Shenmue 3. You could see the
"ending" as being when Ryo beats Don Niu, but then it goes on to set up Shenmue 3.
Crystalark
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby waser2 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:48 pm

I loved it. If the game had ended where I thought it was going to (after you see lan di) then I would have been happy, but the fact that the game extended into the last chapter that was, it was very calming, and I have always waited for the moment you first meet shenhua, and it was amazing. and also, the end with with the sword is awesome, crappy ending my ass
waser2
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SpikyAd » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:06 pm

Excatly what waser2 said.
SpikyAd
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby drporkchop » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:07 pm

Besides...If it had ended at the end of the 3rd disk, then they would have to start Shenmue 3 at the beginning of the 4th which would be a rather slow start compaired to the other two games.
drporkchop
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crystalark » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:09 pm

Thats true, even less people would have bothered to play it if it had a really slow start.
Crystalark
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:32 pm

I'm not bothered by the ending at all, I think the whole magic thing is amazing, and I'm glad it was in there. Ryo finally realizes his quest is more than revenge. I thought there would be some magic elements ever since Chen mentioned the Chi You monster.

I loved meeting Shenhua, and I think she's my favorite charachter. I remember seeing her face on Disc 4 and thinking 'you finally get to meet her' but I don't remember thinking about it until I actually got to disc 4. I must have thought that she had to have been on disc 4 since her face was on it and I hadn't met her yet, but even so, I was surprised and really excited when you first saw her running.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Tomc2488 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:48 pm

I dunno how you can say its a crap ending. As it was mentioned it leaves you wanting more!
Tomc2488
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Daemos » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:19 pm

In that sense, it was a great ending.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Silas » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:41 pm

I think the only reason it was included in Shenmue II was that otherwise it would be too long before we met Shenhua, who's been a mysterious presence (on Coke cans and chocolate bars!) throughout the first game.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Daemos » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:54 pm

Don't forget it was supposed to be even longer, Silas.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:59 pm

know what?... that would really suck if you actually took that long try to play threw Shenmue, or Shenmue 2 and you actually got the bad ending and you couldnt finish. did that happen to anyone?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:21 pm

He meant the real ending was a bad (as in stupid ) way to end the game.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to Shenmue II