What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Postby Spokane » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:20 pm

These last few days I have been doing a new game + of Resonance of Fate. Focusing on doing all the side missions this time since last time I didn't get them all done. It's so easy right now it's kind of boring actually.p. Being able to retain all your stuff from your last game if you use the same difficulty is really awesome though, the story goes fast because it's so damn easy to kill the enemies. I'm at level 163 with Zephyr, 141 with Leanne and 146 with Vashyron, and I'm up to the 5th chapter the most skilled enemy was like level 27-30 and took only a minute or less to kill. And the arena too, I will finish the levels in that I didn't finish last time and try my hand at the Neverland place where the enemies are all around level 250-300 (I think that's what it was called).

Besides that I am also doing another save state where I am showing my dad the main story and not doing the side stuff.

Before that I did 100% platinum in the main Fallout 3 game but I didn't finish all the DLC. I did the Mothership Zeta DLC and Point Lookout and half of Operation Anchorage. I agree with you WRC? the ending sucks, but it's such a large game in the fact that there is so much to do besides the main story I can forgive it. I spent about somewhere between 110-130 hours on it. Maybe even 140-150 because I loaded different saves so I could do Karma related quests and things since my main guy was Very Good I didn't want to do anything evil with him, so the counter on my save didn't include that stuff on my main save slot.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Dorian » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:31 pm

^There are 10 difficulty levels in Resonance of Fate so everybody can find a challenge.

New Game+ was made so that everything would be easy as hell for those who want it.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Spokane » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Yeah, it's amazing how easy everything is now, I was expecting that though. If I had to struggle like I did the first time and do things 30 times until I win just to do the side stuff than I might not feel like doing it as much.

I assume Neverland will never be easy though.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:35 pm

Spokane wrote:I assume Neverland will never be easy though.

I actually find it hard to imagine Neverland on the highest difficulty (called "Zenith", lol).
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Spokane » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:40 pm

I'm not looking forward to it this time, last time I ran way from it pretty quick. I will make sure I am as high as I can get level wise by using the top tiers in the arena before I do it.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:01 pm

As of tomorrow Fifa 13.

Edit maybe not, Post but no game.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:27 pm

I just gave the original Silent Hill a go and had to stop after 30 minutes. Honestly the game feels far to old and I hate to say it. I really want to give this series a go as I hear it's amazing especially the second one but stuff like the controls and menus are bullshit.

Any tips to make it a better experience?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Martin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:29 am

GoldenEye 007: Reloaded - PS3

Nearly completed this one. Very enjoyable FPS game. It doesn't live up to the original N64 game, but that's OK. I've been playing on 007 Classic difficulty, which tries to emulate the N64 game. In short, no regenerating health, occasional body armour, and guards who could shoot a peanut off your head at 1,000 yards.

I don't know what it's like on the lower difficulties, never will. On 007 Classic, it's a great romp! Sort of quasi open-ended levels. A lot like the levels in Black, in that sense. It's not a straight line littered with cut-scenes like COD, but it's not the totally-open levels of the N64 classic, either.

The feeling of being Bond is awesome, the music is awesome, and the sound design in general is great. Shoot a dude in the head and you get a little Bond audio cue. Kill someone before he can raise the alarm (and without alarming others by killing him), and you get another Bond cue. Awesome sauce! Additionally, it's a nice-looking game, and the controls are good.

There's two things I'm disappointed by. FIrstly; the loading times. They're not 'big', but when constantly dying on a level and reloading checkpoints, they can become a significant annoyance. Given that the game has a 3.5GB install, I would expect better than that. COD doesn't install at all on PS3, but reloading checkpoints is instantaneous.

The other thing I'm disappointed by, regrettably (especially given the N64 heritage), is the multiplayer. Specifically, the online multiplayer is dogged with lag in a way I don't think I've ever seen in a shooter. The framerate itself chugs away down to single digits. I have no idea why this is. The game runs beautifully in single player at 60fps. Multiplayer levels have worse graphics for a start, and then it lags horribly.

I'm gonna put that down to shitty net code. Inexcusable given that the publisher has extremely robust net code in it's repertoire. Even when I barely have any signal at all in COD, the game itself still runs just as smooth as ever. Damn shame, as I did have one good game with no lag, and it was a blast. No cruise missiles coming from nowhere and killing you. No chopper gunners. No UAVs. Just you, your gun, and the enemy.

PROTOTYPE - 360

Was hankering after an open-world game. I'd never played this before, but have played inFamous on PS3. Anyway, I thought I'd give it a whirl since it got OK reviews and it was cheap. Have to say I've enjoyed the game very much. The sense of total devastation in this one is probably better than most of the other open-world/sandbox games I've played over the years.

Mercer's powers are very, very cool. The level of gore is tremendous. You can literally cleave people into bits with your blades. The way he moves about New York is amazing. Running up buildings, flying, falling thousands of meters to leave your own impact crater in the road. The sense of carnage is huge, and at times there's so much action going on, with some very tough enemies.

Prototype does a lot of things right. The graphics are good. I think this might have the largest number of pedestrians of any sandbox game I've ever played. Don't quote me on that, but New York seems densely-populated in this game. The powers are all really cool, as is upgrading them. Grabbing a pedestrian and sprinting up the side of a building with your hand round their neck is really cool.

Which brings me to my favourite feature; the 'consume' power. Basically, you hit B/circle near something, and you pick it up. If it happens to be a human, you can 'consume' them by pressing Y/triangle. This gives you some health, and allows you to assume their identity by pressing left on the D-pad. This 'disguise' is remembered, and you've always got your last human consumption to hand as a disguise.

You can don it and take it off repeatedly, whenever you like. If being chased by the military, you can duck behind cover and don the disguise to throw them off. If they see you do it, then obviously it doesn't work. Military personnel give you perks for consuming them and being disguised as them, too. As a soldier, you can commandeer tanks without having to cause a scene by killing the dude in it, walk into military barracks, and you can call in airstrikes.

In short, I love this one so much because 1) I don't think I've ever seen anything like this. Certainly not done in this way. Adds some nice depth/options to gameplay and missions. There's a few ways you can do things. Mercer is certainly powerful enough to go in and tear everything up, but you can use subterfuge if you like. 2) It reminds me of The Thing.

As for bad stuff.. well. The storyline is dog shit. Which would be OK if it was in a 'shit and I know it' kind of way, but it appears to be taking itself seriously very often. The 'web of intrigue' is a nice idea, but it should have been given a better story. I guess while I did say the graphics are 'good', it's in a 'quantity, not quality' kind of way. Lots of stuff looks kind of bland, but then there's a lot on-screen, and it barely ever slows down. Uh, there's no weather system. It's just sunny days and clear nights. I guess some people might think it's an ugly game?

I like it, anyway.

Martin has received 2 thanks from: OL, Who Really Cares?
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Calshot » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:26 pm

I hadn't played played Virtua FIghter 5: Final Showdown in a month or two, so I picked it up while I was waiting for something to finish downloading on my computer.

I did a few license challenges until I hit a roadblock in the form of Jacky. I normally have trouble with Jacky players online, but when I couldn't beat an AI version, I was pissed.

I noticed the download was finished, so I played a quick online match. My opponent? A Jacky player. After a hard fought battle, I beat him with a near-perfect final round. I saved the replay and logged off of PSN in triumph.

Calshot has received a thanks from: Axm
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby SpringChick » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:27 pm

Skyrim. Did not like it at first, which was a big surprise to me. But joining the Thieves Guild turned it around fast. I steal everything I can get my hands on. It's a sickness. 8)

SpringChick has received a thanks from: Bluecast
SpringChick
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:32 pm

SpringChick wrote: Skyrim. Did not like it at first, which was a big surprise to me. But joining the Thieves Guild turned it around fast. I steal everything I can get my hands on. It's a sickness. 8)

Welcome back!

Bluecast has received a thanks from: SpringChick
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby SpringChick » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi Blue! Thanks for the welcome but you know how I like to randomly pop in and then ninja vanish. ;-)

SpringChick has received a thanks from: Bluecast
SpringChick
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:37 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Piccoro » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:17 am

I am currently playing Counter Strike Global Offensive.
Piccoro
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: gp_amuro
XBL: gp amuro

Postby Spokane » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Yesterday I finished everything I possibly could in Resonance of Fate, got 100%. Everyone was at level 300 when I did Neverland so it was a piece of cake as was the final ranks of the arena coupled with the new golden guns I had picked up going through Neverland.

Still showing my dad the main story but I am almost done doing that too, we are at the save point between Chapter 13 and 14.

Next I plan on popping in DMC HD today, of course I will be doing DMC1 first. Duh!

Edit: Oh yeah, my saved data said I had played it for 150 hours which includes the first time I played it, when I started the counter was at 107 hours so it only took me 43 hours to go through it this time compared to 107 the first time and this time I did all the side quests and Neverland and I still had exactly half of the arena to get star ranks on, and I did stop the counter by pausing the game so I could get an accurate estimate on my time spent.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming