A serious comment after the election

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

A serious comment after the election

Postby Jeff » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:31 am

The wheels of democracy went rolling yesterday and the people have spoken decisively and elected to have President George W. Bush serve a second term.

It is still clear that the country is still devided and bitter (particularly the losing side), but a fetish to take down the leader that is supposed to represent you hurts us all. The only way to move forward is to work together bilateraly. Whether you like the results or not does not give you the authority to badmouth people forthe feeling of a slight revenge. Now many of you are faced with a choice now, you can either work to make the country better, or we can go back to the last 4 years of bitterness and strife. You can either complain, or you can do your part. You can be on the right side of future history or the wrong side. It is my personal belief and the Presidents that the next 4 years will be much more compassionate ones and we will focus on making the the country stronger and safer. You can choose to do your part by helping with the process or you can be a speed bump to progress. Either way we will go on.
I hope I dont see which I actually expect to see, which is someone will disect this statement quote by quote and discredit me. But that is utterly pointless. I didnt write this to argue with anyone. I wrote it because we now have an opporitunity to make a big difference and shape a brighter future. Now that the election is over I hope that many of you put away the partisan bickering and work for the same Party, the American Party.

Thank you for reading, and may God bless America.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:37 am

are you done raving about how bush won yet?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Re: A serious comment after the election

Postby Daemos » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:42 am

Jeff wrote:I hope I dont see which I actually expect to see, which is someone will disect this statement quote by quote and discredit me.

Aw damn, when you request it, it ceases to be fun. :(
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby drporkchop » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:44 am

Note to Jeff: If that's truely how you feel, why do you find it necessary to go spamming up the forums with this "Bush kicked Kerry's ass" "I told you all!" "you're all wrong! I'm always right" type of stuff? General stuff just trying to piss people off...This post would be a lot more meaningful if it weren't so hypocritical in comarison to what you've been posting for the past day.

As for your post, I won't waste my time disecting the whole thing, but I'd like to point out two things...

...we will focus on making the the country stronger and safer. You can choose to do your part by helping with the process...

As I, and many other members have said before: Join the military, Jeff. You preach your values endlessly, yet you fail to act on them. Take a step out of your sheltered life of privledge and do something for your country. At least those of us who are against the war are acting upon these beliefs...organizing protests and such...we're exercizing our right to freechoice and acting on it. You? You do nothing but talk about it...

or you can be a speed bump to progress.

If by this you mean disagreeing with the president, then you couldn't be more wrong. Freedom of choice is a huge part of what America was founded upon. Blindly following someone just because they are in power is about the most unpatriotic thing you can do.

Anyhow, Bush won the election. I can't say I'm happy about it, but I'm willing to accept it. I don't think it will be good for our country, but then again, I could be wrong...we'll just have to wait and see.
drporkchop
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jeff » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:59 am

I truely feel that things happen for a reason. I personally believe in a devine plan. Thats my personal belief. I wanted to say all that stuff for all the crap I had to listen to for over a year and in the end I got the last laugh and I felt entited to do that. Protesting is not something reserved to liberals, I try to remind many of my conservative circles and when I write for the newspaper that we are the silent majority as Richard Nixon put it years ago, but we dont have to be silent. You should not be imbarrased to say your a republican/conservative. It is something that I am proud of and I hope that others feel the same way I do.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby drporkchop » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:10 am

Jeff wrote: You should not be imbarrased to say your a republican/conservative.

Then aren't democrats/liberals entitled to the same right? People attack for your viewpoints on things and yet you respond by saying "typical lib"

Do on to others...

Anyhow, whatever...Enough gloating and enough complaining. Both sides need to move on and get back to normal debating...
drporkchop
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Amin » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:25 am

Some of you guys need to lay the fuck off of Jeff. Not once since the election have i seen him start raving saying "BUSH KICKED KERRY'S ASS!!!". :? Everyone just says he does, i dont really getr some of you guys.

Btw any of you seen the front page of the mirror news paper! :lol: Its a British paper so americans wont see it but its front page has some goofy pic of bush on it with a headline something like "DUH, HOW COULD 59,400,000 PEOPLE BE SO DUMB!" lol.
Amin
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby asnozz » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:19 am

Amin wrote:Some of you guys need to lay the fuck off of Jeff. Not once since the election have i seen him start raving saying "BUSH KICKED KERRY'S ASS!!!". :? Everyone just says he does, i dont really getr some of you guys.

Btw any of you seen the front page of the mirror news paper! :lol: Its a British paper so americans wont see it but its front page has some goofy pic of bush on it with a headline something like "DUH, HOW COULD 59,400,000 PEOPLE BE SO DUMB!" lol.

:lol:

81% of the populous of Britain would of liked to Kerry as president :lol:
But if America wants a Black and White view of the world, then who am i to stop them ;)
asnozz
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: asnozz
XBL: asnozz360
Steam: asnozz

Postby Amnesiac » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:00 am

First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title: "a serious comment from Jeff? I must not be the only one who's sick today!"

Seriously, though, I don't think Jeff deserves to be flamed for this. The guy's beliefs are polar opposite from mine (he's a Bush supporter, I'm not; he "believes in a divine plan", and I'm an atheist, etc.), sure, but I still think he doesn't deserve this, since he's honestly speaking his mind this time & not just fucking around like he usually does.
Amnesiac
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:23 am

I kinda felt sorry for Kerry when he was giving his concession speech. The best guy on the day won, though. Say hello to the boss for me, Jeff! ;) :lol:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Trunks » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:37 am

Jeff wrote:I truely feel that things happen for a reason. I personally believe in a devine plan. Thats my personal belief. I wanted to say all that stuff for all the crap I had to listen to for over a year and in the end I got the last laugh and I felt entited to do that. Protesting is not something reserved to liberals, I try to remind many of my conservative circles and when I write for the newspaper that we are the silent majority as Richard Nixon put it years ago, but we dont have to be silent. You should not be imbarrased to say your a republican/conservative. It is something that I am proud of and I hope that others feel the same way I do.

You should watch "bohemian grove" and otehr movies like it, and that will shed some light on your "devine plan" of the "great peoples government".
Trunks
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonikku » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:51 am

Amin wrote:Some of you guys need to lay the fuck off of Jeff. Not once since the election have i seen him start raving saying "BUSH KICKED KERRY'S ASS!!!". :? Everyone just says he does, i dont really getr some of you guys.

Was this what you were referring to? :P
Last edited by Sonikku on Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Cyberman » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:53 am

Oops. I was one of them.
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Postby changed my mind » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:25 pm

The Daily Mirror is one of the worst papers on the shelves of English Newsagents in my opinion, even The Sun makes a better read. I think that's a very arrogant and horrible comment.
changed my mind
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jeff » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:48 pm

uh, gotta love that fair and balanced European press...
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Next

Return to Off Topic