I would like to give thanks this Christmas day..........

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

I would like to give thanks this Christmas day..........

Postby Peter » Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:59 am

To my family, and thank God i am blessed with the fortunes that i have in my life.

I woke up this morning and in my hungoverness state i sat and opened my presents from my family. We are not exactly the richest of folk at the moment, so i knew not to expect much. But even what i got was less than i ever got before, and way even below my lowest expectations. I got some cheap clothes from primark / pennys, some fake body spray and shower gel, a pair of socks, paco rabanne aftershave, and a ben Sherman watch from my auntie.

For a while i sat in silence, smiling at everyone else, when really inside i was so pissed off at what i had got from my family, considering the fact that i spent the abundance of £300 on them. I got my dad a DVD recorder, that certainly do not come cheap in this day and age, i got my mum an expensive vacuum cleaner, and my sister a new camera/video/pay and go phone. I saved hard this year, and since i didnt have a girlfriend to spend it all on, i decided to spend it all on my family.

But as the next hour went on, i realised what a selfish bastard i was. What right did i have to feel pissed off, just because i didnt recieve what i gave? That isnt what Christmas is all about. I seen the smiles on my mum, dad and sisters faces with their gifts, and i realised how happy i had made them. I realised that there are also people out there not as close to their families as i was this morning, and even people like my ex girlfriend (even though i hate her guts!) who dont even have a full family, due to a scuicide last year.
With this in mind, id like to say firstly thank God for what i have to call a family. They put a house over my head and a turkey on the table for Christmas dinner. They look after me and lovingly call me son, as i lovingly call them mother and father. I love my family and i would like to thank God for giving me the best Christmas present i have ever recieved....

a realisation of just how lucky i am.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Araviel » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:11 am

Thats so wonderful!
I also sat thinking thoughts like that last night, Christmas eve, no fights for once, no trouble, no stress, for once we could all be in one room at Christmas and enjoy it allthrough, that has never happened before in our house I think... best Christmas in my life anyhow, I'm grateful to have my family and to be able to spend time with them now.
Araviel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby TEEPO™ » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:07 am

God doesn’t exist, so don’t bother thanking it.

Stop trying to justify the crap presents they gave you. You should have remained pissed off at your family, you had every right to. Why should you have gone to all that trouble to make them happy? But they shrug you off with a couple of shitty gifts. You probably don’t mean much to them, hence why you got the cheap shit for Christmas. It’s hard to admit, but you’ll get through it.
If I was you, I would have kicked them all the faces and took my presents back. After that, I would return them to the shops and get my money back, and buy some decent stuff for myself.

Actually, I thank you for making me realize how great me and my family are. I’ve got some cool shit this year. You, on the other hand, received a poor excuse for presents. I feel much more happy now. You should feel happy because I feel happy. Cheers.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: QWERTY
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby Peter » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:37 am

Araviel wrote:Thats so wonderful!
Christmas eve, no fights for once, no trouble, no stress, for once we could all be in one room at Christmas and enjoy it allthrough, that has never happened before in our house I think

Also very ironic for myself, because i came in from work to expect the usual....... my dad drunk on beer, and my mum arguing so SO badily ruining Xmas, and me climbing into bed early, hoping everything would be OK in the morning. But i got in last night, with a few bottles of wine, and my mum and dad were sitting on the sofa watching Xmas movies (it was National Lampoons Christmas vacation). It was so funny so i cracked open a bottle for myself and we sat all night watching it, and feeling festive, while the turkey roasted in the oven.

It was a great Xmas Eve, and also a great Xmas day. I now just hope my 21st on Tuesday, New Years on Saturday, and the new year in general is as kind to me.............. :)
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby TAILS » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:45 am

TEEPO I would love to punch you in the face.YOU STUPID IDIOTIC JERK,Why aren't you banned???YOU DESERVE IT.
TAILS
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Daemos » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:54 am

^ Notice how he was ignored by Peter. I advise you to do the same. ;) It's attention TEEPO wants, don't give it to 'im.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:55 am

Spot on.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby rome » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:04 am

Nice topic Peter. I didnt have the best of a Christmas either, i got some stuff i wanted, but it wasnt like the usual were me and my family would open presents on Christmas morning, instead i just bought stuff.

I did get to spend time with my cousins from Wyoming, which i dont see very often, that was the best present of all.

Anyways i hope everyone had a good or at least decent Christmas this year, and i hope you all have a good New Years :)
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby pico » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:21 am

Ah, yes.. Christmas time and Thanksgiving are really the only times I spend together with my family without fighting. Any other attempt at a "family vacation" or "get together" just ends up in everyone screaming at each other, so regardless of what I get for gifts, it's nice to spend a few hours with family on these 2 holidays before we all rush off in our own anti-family ways again. :lol:

My Christmas was good. Time with family obviously, and I'm enjoying my gifts. :P

Oh, and I normally love your posts TEEPO, but that was just totally uncalled for. Your post should be deleted by the mods. Image
pico
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spokane » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:35 am

Amen ;)
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby TAILS » Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:55 am

Pico wrote:Oh, and I normally love your posts TEEPO, but that was just totally uncalled for. Your post should be deleted by the mods. Image
YAY someone agrees with me!!
TAILS
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby rome » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:00 am

SEGA of America wrote:
Pico wrote:Oh, and I normally love your posts TEEPO, but that was just totally uncalled for. Your post should be deleted by the mods. Image
YAY someone agrees with me!!

I do too, nice Christmas Spirit TEEPO :roll:
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby TAILS » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:20 am

Yay 2 people agree with me.WhiteShadow,the silent treatment always works.
TAILS
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby IwaoHazuki » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:21 am

I'm just glad I got to be home for Christmas.
IwaoHazuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: Segaw

Postby n00dl3s » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:07 am

I'm glad that I'm not glad.
n00dl3s
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to Off Topic