How to do Fangmei's Birthday... QUICK AND EASY!

(Chapters 3-6)

How to do Fangmei's Birthday... QUICK AND EASY!

Postby Gongjue » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:48 pm

ok ok ok, im sick of all these guides on the internet giving long and erroneous instructions that just arent necessary.

easy fail proof method right here.

1) get to the point in the game where you are going to find ren, on the 1st of march or before.

(at this point, you can do the photo scene if you wish behind the temple to get her to call you ryo if you wish to skip #4 or you can do both)

2) go to pigeon park, talk to eileen.

3) the next morning before 1, go to man mo bistro, chat with eileen and fangmei.

4) walk back into the bistro and do the qte where you save fangmei. she should call you ryo, regardless of how much you have spoken to her.

(you can speak with eileen to get her to tell you about her bday after first talking to them at the bistro, but its not necessary)

5) go to the complete clothier, wait for fangmei, she leaves the bistro at 1. trigger the scene, walk in and buy the pendent for her.

6) go to xiuyings room on the 3rd, scene is triggered.

there are many ways to make this happen, but i find this to be the quickest, most pain free way.

the only requirements are: getting fangmei to call you ryo, meeting eileen, meeting them both at the bistro, scene at clothier / buying pendant, going to xiuyings room on the 3rd.

very very simple.
Gongjue
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Giony » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:23 am

i'll try this out next time i play it :D
Giony
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby layolas » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:51 pm

I nearly Fell of my seat when she confessed to Ryo. If only nozomi had that kindof courage.
layolas
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby DeadPool » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:55 pm

layolas wrote:I nearly Fell of my seat when she confessed to Ryo. If only nozomi had that kindof courage.

uhhh i thought she told him how she felt and then he was like "oh" which is japanease for he likes boys
DeadPool
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Giony » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:19 pm

i tried that guide and it doesnt work either :x
Giony
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kenny » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:13 pm

DeadPool wrote:
layolas wrote:I nearly Fell of my seat when she confessed to Ryo. If only nozomi had that kindof courage.

uhhh i thought she told him how she felt and then he was like "oh" which is japanease for he likes boys

lol
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Oliver Kahn » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:55 am

Instead of going to the bistro and talking to Fangmei etc.....
You could do chawan sign at Man Mo Bistro and then follow the instrctions to go to C.O.G.H., then to Man mo Park, and then get beat up. The next day, you are called Ryo by Fangmei.
Do whichever one you prefer, you get the same outcome.
Oliver Kahn

Postby Gongjue » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:35 am

Oliver Kahn wrote:Instead of going to the bistro and talking to Fangmei etc.....
You could do chawan sign at Man Mo Bistro and then follow the instrctions to go to C.O.G.H., then to Man mo Park, and then get beat up. The next day, you are called Ryo by Fangmei.
Do whichever one you prefer, you get the same outcome.

doing that wastes a day of time, so you will have to start earlier if you go that route, and be forewarned, i have done the fight at man mo park before still to be called hazuki-san by fangmei the next day.
Gongjue
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:34 am

xdjoynerx wrote:i have done the fight at man mo park before still to be called hazuki-san by fangmei the next day.

you probably didnt make her initiate at least 4 conversations each day
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Gongjue » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:05 pm

Samanosuke Akechi wrote:
xdjoynerx wrote:i have done the fight at man mo park before still to be called hazuki-san by fangmei the next day.

the point is, he is saying that doing that will automatically make her call you ryo, and that is not the case.
Gongjue
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

gfhy7

Postby Oliver Kahn » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:36 pm

xdjoynerx wrote:
Samanosuke Akechi wrote:

the point is, he is saying that doing that will automatically make her call you ryo, and that is not the case.

I only talked to Fangmei a couple of times, and then I got beat up (on purpose) at Man Mo Park, and I was able to get her to call me Ryo and do the b-day thing. I have done it this way more than once, and it works. Oh well, do whatever works. :)
Oliver Kahn

Postby diAbLo » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:12 am

Can I get a little help?

I did everything so far, got her to call me Ryo, bought the pendant for her, and all that stuff, and its now March 3rd. The only problem is when I'm done airing out the books, I go to Xuiying's room and she's not there? She's missing her own damn birthday here, and I have no idea where she is. Any help?

EDIT: Actually, I think I might have messed it up when I did the Chawan sign at the Blue Sky place. I read that Fangmei disappears if you do this. Does anyone know if its possible still even after you did the Chawan sign?
diAbLo
Master of the Three Blades

Postby phantom river stone » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:36 pm

i have sucessfully done the fengmei sidequests many times......but sometimes it just dont work no matter wot i do
phantom river stone

Postby Kiyuu » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:39 pm

diAbLo wrote:Can I get a little help?

I did everything so far, got her to call me Ryo, bought the pendant for her, and all that stuff, and its now March 3rd. The only problem is when I'm done airing out the books, I go to Xuiying's room and she's not there? She's missing her own damn birthday here, and I have no idea where she is. Any help?

EDIT: Actually, I think I might have messed it up when I did the Chawan sign at the Blue Sky place. I read that Fangmei disappears if you do this. Does anyone know if its possible still even after you did the Chawan sign?

I've heard you can give her the present even after her birthday. Try it later,
when she reappears after your meeting with Zhang!
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby HappyKillmore » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:30 am

thats the quickest way to do it i guess.Nozomi did kind of say she liked ryo,just not in words,ryo must be an idiot if he did't know her feelings
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Next

Return to Shenmue II