Final Fantasy

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Final Fantasy

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:25 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_r2dpOtFvM[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXDjtydV7Kc[/youtube]
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby HappyKillmore » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:48 am

Unless you're kidding, prepare for a flaming.
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby Clint » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:40 am

Still not played FFXII. Not got a PS2.

My mate says it's awesome though.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:48 am

I think they should have sticked to the battle system in FFX. It's not the worst game in the world but probley my least favrouite FF.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Clint » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:59 am

^I personally found FFX a bit rubbish.

I'm still shocked by the reviews. FFVI-IX are all better games.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:01 am

For me it goes:

1.FF7
2.FF10
3.FF9
4.FF6
5.FF8
6.FF3
7.FF1
8.FF2
9.FF12
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Re: Final Fantasy XII........

Postby OL » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:25 am

Haven't beaten it yet, but I liked what I played of FFXII.
I don't see your problem with it, and I don't see why it should incite such strong feelings of hatred (especially considering it's now a budget-price game).

Jed wrote:Realy lame and boring story where nothing happens...

Yeah, I played another game like that a while ago. Jeez, what was it called...?

Oh yeah, SHENMUE.
Seriously, if you have a problem with stories like that in games, I don't see how you can be a Shenmue fan.
The entire first game was "Where's Lan Di?
He's in Hong Kong?
I'm going to Hong Kong!"
*roll credits*
Absolutely riveting.

OL has received a thanks from: Spokane
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Jed » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:40 pm

The difference is Shenmue had interesting characters and a good non generic theme(FF XII felt like star wars the phantom menace..so many jar jar binx look alikes).

Shenmue's story was simple and strait forward but atleast it gave you a motivation to continue playing and had likable characters. FF XIIs story was some uninteresting political drama, thats fine if i wanted to play george bush the game but im playing final fantasy, i expect an emotion filled adventure.

Oh no! penelope the annoying friend of the emo boy im playing as got kidnapped! so what.

I had to force myself to play the game, i honestly fell asleep every time i played the game, even my younger sister who always enjoyed watching me play older final fantasy games stopped watching because it was so crap.

As soon as i heard vaan say "Im captain basch of dalmasca!" my hope for the game getting better instantly vanished. i forced myself to play a bit longer but i just couldnt anymore.
Jed
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:21 pm

It is a pretty big departure from the "huge" FF games of old like FF6, 7, and 8, especially the 3D aspect of it, and in some ways I agree with your first post, but it still has a high degree of polish and it would be unfair to say it's "crap".
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:59 pm

All final fantasies since 7 have sucked!
=================================

Square sucks!
=====================================
note: that RYUDO does not believe this one bit but since there is a couple tards always comes along to post that in every Final Fantasy thread I thought I would say it first to meet quota so they don't have to but if they do they would more like an idiot.

I rather enjoy all the Final Fantasy games I have played.
Do need to finish 8 one day,bought it last year brand new but never got back to it,I bought so many games and a Wii never had the time to finish everything I bought.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:08 pm

FF8, yeah I'll have to buy that again and play it too. :) On Amazon, the PS1 versions go for quite a lot though, the PC ones even more so...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Clint » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:16 pm

FFVIII is fantastic. I won't hear a bad word about the game, it really is that brilliant.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby HappyKillmore » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:28 pm

Clint wrote:FFVIII is fantastic. I won't hear a bad word about the game, it really is that brilliant.

I can't remember much about it, i was pretty young when i first played it. It was good though, school with Quistis 8)
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby Jed » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:52 pm

Yeah it is a realy highly polished game, which pretty much guarantees an 8.0 from most website reviewers. its a turd, painted gold and sprayed with air freshener.
Jed
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Realillusion » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:06 pm

FF8 was a big branch off from FF7. What made the game truly amazing was that they took the series from those tiny little characters we were all used to and made them into more realistic, older looking characters. Plus the graphics were amazingly enhanced from FF7 to FF8. The world was bigger with some pretty interesting side quests. FF8 is nowhere near one of the best FF's. The junctioning system was repetitive, the character developments were BORING (oh yeah, have Sophia drive the damn ship she was annoying as fuck in the first place, ditzy as hell, how could she possible be fit for that role? And Squall was just some cheap copy of Cloud with how emo he was) and the story just didn't interest me as much as the previous FF's.

My opinion, FF7 was the best because it was original and shellshocking for it's time, and after all of it's originiality and hype, it still would of been a great game nonetheless.

FF10 comes in second because it had such an emotionally gripping story. I felt like I was actually in that world. The world was eye-catching, the characters emotionally sucked you in more because you could actually hear them and hear the emotion to their voices.

FF9 was great, ties in third.

Then FF6 and so on and so forth.

Haven't played FF12 yet. Plan on it though, being how I WAS a huge FF fan back in the day. But don't bomb on how emo the main character was. We should all be used to Square's leading emo guys. Most FF's have leading Emo characters except for FF9 and FF6 where they made their main characters strong and determined.
Realillusion
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to General Gaming