Folder from SEGA.PR (pics of Shenmue)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Folder from SEGA.PR (pics of Shenmue)

Postby SEGA C'EST PLUS FORT QUE » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:33 pm

SEGA C'EST PLUS FORT QUE
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Clint » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:22 am

I remember the days when the Shenmue III forum had something good to say.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Lan Di-sama » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:15 pm

I don't.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:34 pm

I've been looking for a high res pack shot for Seppuko's DVD cover, so nice one. :nice!:
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby ys » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:48 pm

Hm, I never thought that they had anything Shenmue related left on their sites. They even added those in 2007 it seems. Sega are weird :P
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Master Kyodai » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:09 pm

Whats much more interesting is their high res yakuza 3 pic. Why Yakuza 3/SEGA didn't completely forget about Shenmue is revealed if you look at the 5th floor habitants sign. Or is that co-incidence? Maybe not.

ftp://segapr.segaamerica.com/SEGA_GAMES ... _v02sm.jpg
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ys » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:16 pm

Well, Ren also means something in Japanese.
http://www.behindthename.com/name/ren

Compare the character for romance with the picture.
But who knows. They could include some easter egg just to torture their loyal fans :P
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Master Kyodai » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:58 pm

They tend to leave small clues in the games that don't seem to mean anything, but their total count is making it seem no co-incidence. Like in Yakuza 2 that bridge in Osaka was called "Iwao bridge", but there is no Iwao bridge in real Osaka... Maybe it meant something, maybe not, but i think they didn't forget about Shenmue at any time. There is actually loads of stuff from Shenmue that they "recycled" in the Yakuza series.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SEGA C'EST PLUS FORT QUE » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:41 am

Master Kyodai wrote:They tend to leave small clues in the games that don't seem to mean anything, but their total count is making it seem no co-incidence. Like in Yakuza 2 that bridge in Osaka was called "Iwao bridge", but there is no Iwao bridge in real Osaka... Maybe it meant something, maybe not, but i think they didn't forget about Shenmue at any time. There is actually loads of stuff from Shenmue that they "recycled" in the Yakuza series.

Yes,it's true there are several pics of Yakuza who look like at Shenmue environment.

The problem if i don't want Yakuza series replace Shenmue.
Yakuza have not the same story and Magic feeling than Shenmue.
SEGA C'EST PLUS FORT QUE

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:48 am

^Yakuza's better.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:21 am

SEGA C'EST PLUS FORT QUE wrote:
Master Kyodai wrote:They tend to leave small clues in the games that don't seem to mean anything, but their total count is making it seem no co-incidence. Like in Yakuza 2 that bridge in Osaka was called "Iwao bridge", but there is no Iwao bridge in real Osaka... Maybe it meant something, maybe not, but i think they didn't forget about Shenmue at any time. There is actually loads of stuff from Shenmue that they "recycled" in the Yakuza series.

Yes,it's true there are several pics of Yakuza who look like at Shenmue environment.

Any game could have the same 'magic feeling' that you play after Shenmue, it's just your personal preference. You could of said Sonic the Hedgehog on Master System is your favourite ever Sonic game because it was the first one you played. I can't fucking wait to play Yakuza 3, by the way..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:58 am

Shenmue's better.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby SEGA C'EST PLUS FORT QUE » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:10 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:
SEGA C'EST PLUS FORT QUE wrote:

Any game could have the same 'magic feeling' that you play after Shenmue, it's just your personal preference. You could of said Sonic the Hedgehog on Master System is your favourite ever Sonic game because it was the first one you played. I can't fucking wait to play Yakuza 3, by the way..

Me too,i can't wait for play To YAKUZA 3.
I played YAKUZA 1 and 2 on PS2.
And i LIKE the YAKUZA series.(Yakuza have a magic feeling too,but is different and not the same magic feeling and story of shenmue)
I don't want to say than shenmue is better than Yakuza(it's just different)
I want to say than i don't want Shenmue Disappear .
And I want to play shenmue 3 and Yakuza 3.^^
SEGA C'EST PLUS FORT QUE

Postby ys » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:05 am

It could indeed be more than a coincidence. Like the MJQ Jazz bar in VF5. I think that I remeber that Kiyuu said that it was quite common but still. I don't think that the AM2 team does include it without being aware of Shenmue.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby R3N » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:39 pm

Riku wrote:^Yakuza's better.

Yakuza is for fags like you real men prefer Shenmue ;)
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to Shenmue III