Yakuza series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Yakuza series

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat May 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: I personally think releasing Yakuza 1&2 HD in the West is a bad idea, since I can see it bombing and then SEGA thinking "well, guess there aren't enough fans over there that want Yakuza 5, herpy derpy derp". Yeah, like the fans want a port or a spinoff over the next numbered game in the series, dumbasses.

I see what you mean there, actually. I would of thought the HD editions would of been cheap and easy to do considering both games are already fully translated. The least they could do is add them to PS2 Classics :roll:
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon May 20, 2013 8:31 am

phpBB [video]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Riku Rose » Mon May 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:The problem is that in 2014 there are going to be 2 new console and the 360 & PS3 will be seen as 'old'.

The same was true of the PS2 when the first two games were released (in Europe at least - without checking I'm not sure how much it differed in North America). They were each regarded as a fitting swan song for Sony's outgoing console, although what effect it may have had on sales is another matter.

It came out about a year and a half after the PS3 in both the US and Europe. I'm still quite shocked that it happened considering it's such a niche title.

I think that Y5 being on a 'last gen' system will hurt it's chances but Sega is also being must more careful with it's money these days. They said awhile back that unless it's Sonic or any of their top series then it will not be a priority. The thing that has made me most unsure is how it's meant to be so much bigger compared to the last game meaning more work to go into it. That isn't a great thing when Sega seemed so unsure about bringing the other games over.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon May 20, 2013 1:14 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
It came out about a year and a half after the PS3 in both the US and Europe. I'm still quite shocked that it happened considering it's such a niche title.

I think that Y5 being on a 'last gen' system will hurt it's chances but Sega is also being must more careful with it's money these days. They said awhile back that unless it's Sonic or any of their top series then it will not be a priority. The thing that has made me most unsure is how it's meant to be so much bigger compared to the last game meaning more work to go into it. That isn't a great thing when Sega seemed so unsure about bringing the other games over.

Probably best they don't do Shenmue III then.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon May 20, 2013 3:16 pm

^Pretty much why I think SEGA really suck now. They're just concentrating on Football Manager, Total War, Sonic and Aliens (lololol). They're regressing back to their state at the start of this generation. They're losing money, so it's understandable that costs would have to be cut somewhere, by why Yakuza, of all things? Whhhhhhhhyyyyy? :cry:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon May 20, 2013 6:12 pm

I would of joined in on the rant until I read this on Yakuza Fan..

My email to sega
I sent an email to sega asking for any news for Y5 and while I didn’t get any they sent me an amusing haiku, here’s their response:

Eugene, May 20 08:53 (PDT):

Hello Loyal Fan,

I cannot comment.
Stay tuned to the Sega site.
Good information.

An original haiku by the Sega staff

Regards,
Eugene
Sega of America
Customer Support

Maybe we should stay tuned, I’m feeling hopeful!

Hopefully Sega will show us something at E3 this year. With Sony’s press conference it would be a great place to say “We’re not forgetting about the PS3 just yet.

http://yakuzafan.com/post/50925972400/my-email-to-sega

I'll just postpone my rant until later in the year. I'm waiting, Sega..

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Cave Johnson
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Cave Johnson » Mon May 20, 2013 8:07 pm

You beat me to it Crimson Ryan. I hope it's valid because it seem's promising. Yakuza HD PS3 and Yakuza 5, pre-order day 1 at shitstop for the bonus.
Cave Johnson
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: SHMUPS

Postby south carmain » Tue May 21, 2013 1:14 am

Crimson Ryan wrote: I would of joined in on the rant until I read this on Yakuza Fan..

My email to sega
I sent an email to sega asking for any news for Y5 and while I didn’t get any they sent me an amusing haiku, here’s their response:

Eugene, May 20 08:53 (PDT):

Hello Loyal Fan,

I cannot comment.
Stay tuned to the Sega site.
Good information.

An original haiku by the Sega staff

Regards,
Eugene
Sega of America
Customer Support

Maybe we should stay tuned, I’m feeling hopeful!

Hopefully Sega will show us something at E3 this year. With Sony’s press conference it would be a great place to say “We’re not forgetting about the PS3 just yet.

http://yakuzafan.com/post/50925972400/my-email-to-sega

I'll just postpone my rant until later in the year. I'm waiting, Sega..

they said the same to that johnny bravo guy at shenmue UK about Shenmue 3. sega customer support are full of shit
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue May 21, 2013 1:27 am

south carmain wrote:that johnny bravo guy

?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby south carmain » Tue May 21, 2013 1:33 am

heee mama

but yeah that's his username lol
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue May 21, 2013 3:06 am

Cave Johnson wrote: You beat me to it Crimson Ryan. I hope it's valid because it seem's promising. Yakuza HD PS3 and Yakuza 5, pre-order day 1 at shitstop for the bonus.

Haha, the news made Kotaku, too..

Hey. Sega. Yeah, you. We're still waiting for our Yakuza 5 localisation.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue May 28, 2013 4:11 pm

All the latest from the Nago-raw livestream which featured the reveal of Yakuza 1 & 2 HD for Wii U. As well as hands-on time, new details were shared that use the GamePad functionality such as the ability to create custom waypoints on the map, completion lists can be browsed via the touch pad without pausing the game (usually done through the game's start menu) and as you'd expect, one-touch instant switching between gamepad and screen display.

The event ended after a Q&A with series producer Tamashiro Nagoshi. Alongside the shocking revelation he would never produce a Shenmue game, he told fans not to expect many more (if any) Yakuza games on Wii-U or the 3DS. Whilst also saying 'naturally, you could expect' a title on the PlayStation Vita.

The show ended with a giveaway of Ryu Ga Gotoku themed curry. A famous Japanese chef also has a cameo in the game, featured on the boxart.

Credit to YakuzaFan.com for the details and images!
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue May 28, 2013 4:16 pm

Nagoshi: The future of Yakuza is not on WiiU.

*shows off Yakuza ports on WiiU.*

Weird.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue May 28, 2013 4:19 pm

:lol: Yep unless its an odd thing to say and if they really don't plan on bringing more to the console what is the point in the U versions anyways? And surely that comment might hurt the games sales?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue May 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Like Ryudo posted earlier, the game is an "experiment". Mature games on Wii-U kind of experiment?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming