Yakuza series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Yakuza series

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:52 pm

I was hoping SEGA would slow down with releasing them so we could catch up. I just hope we don't get to the point where Japan is 6 games ahead and they give up localising them.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Monkei » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:38 am

Monkei has received a thanks from: OL
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:40 am

Nice, been meaning to get into this series for a while. I hope ports of 2, 3 and 4 come to PS4 to have them all on one system.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Monkei » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:53 am

^ I could imagine them remaking Yakuza 2 as well and at least offering Yakuza 3-5 via PS Now on PS4.

Here's the trailer for Yakuza Kiwami (the remake):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HMw_E_s4Y74&feature=youtu.be

Edit: If only Shenmue could get such a treatment!

Monkei has received a thanks from: OL
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:24 am

Monkei wrote: ^ I could imagine them remaking Yakuza 2 as well and at least offering Yakuza 3-5 via PS Now on PS4.

Here's the trailer for Yakuza Kiwami (the remake):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HMw_E_s4Y74&feature=youtu.be

Edit: If only Shenmue could get such a treatment!

Oh. My. God. TGS is dropping them bombs. A remake of 1 is bloody amazing news. I hope we can catch up to getting both the remake of 1 and 6.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:29 am

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, that looks amazing. I love the first two games to pieces, and seeing any of that redone in the more recent style is ridiculously cool to see. Yeah, I would hope that we get these, but this really is a case where it's totally iffy. Still... that looks beautiful. Can't wait to at least see how it plays out.

Oh, and nice to see the slap kept in the trailer. :lol:
It's like they did it just to piss off LanDC all over again.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:34 am

OL wrote: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, that looks amazing. I love the first two games to pieces, and seeing any of that redone in the more recent style is ridiculously cool to see. Yeah, I would hope that we get these, but this really is a case where it's totally iffy. Still... that looks beautiful. Can't wait to at least see how it plays out.

At the very least, if we don't, it won't be too bad, since we've already played original version of 1, so it should be easy enough to get through.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Monkei » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:24 pm

@Henry
I think we can catch up. I don't know about Yakuza 0 making it to the west, but I think it's possible. And I've got a lot of hope for the remake and 6. It might all depend on the success of Yakuza 5 though. It's a great thing Sony arranged for that one to happen. If we would have missed it, there would be even less reason to release a Yakuza 6 in the west now.

OL wrote: Oh, and nice to see the slap kept in the trailer. :lol:

I was slightly irritated by that, but then thought "meh, Japan". What's up with it, why is he slapping her, why is it in the trailer and can you elaborate on that LanDC pissed-offness? : D
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:42 pm

Hard to get excited when I'm not sure we will get them tbh which is a shame as the Yakuza series is one I really like getting hyped over.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:15 pm

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Monkei
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:24 pm

:lol:
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:52 pm

Yakuza Kiwami’s New Scenarios Fill In Various Gaps, More Spotlight Time For Majima

Yakuza Kiwami is considered a “revenge” title to themselves of 10 years ago, as in, they’re trying to prove to themselves that they’re able to do that much better.

The remake will have a vast amount of new scenes.

The way Akira Nishiki “changed” is one that’s especially going to get some attention.

The music was particularly frustrating for Sega to work on. This time they were able to get B’z vocalist Koshi Inaba to help out.

The content they’re going to show for Yakuza Kiwami is said to be more astonishing than what they’ve ever shown at past Tokyo Game Shows.

They say that you’ll burst into tears if you play Yakuza Kiwami right after Yakuza Zero.

Yakuza Kiwami was made all possible because of Yakuza Zero.

The new episode focuses on Nishiki’s big change and the reason behind it while Kiryu was in prison for 10 years.

Nishiki’s voice actor Kazuhiro Nakaya also noted that after reading the script, it was so rough on him that he felt like not reading any scripts for a while.

The concept behind Yakuza Kiwami is to keep the Yakuza taste alive, while making a new title with high quality.

Yakuza Kiwami is being developed with the developers’ knowhow being pushed to their limits.

Events will be easy to understand.

Everything you acquire as far as Battle Style in Yakuza Zero goes, will be available from the very start. However, due to having served prison time for so long, you’ll need to work on getting stronger again. That’s the growth theme behind Yakuza Kiwami.

Goro Majima didn’t have much of an appearance in the original game, but he will in Yakuza Kiwami. You can help power up Kiryu with a new “Everywhere Majima System,” which will basically have Majima show up just about anywhere for a fight.

If you’re wondering about how that works, we’re not exactly sure yet with the information out there, but he can ambush you while disguised as a cabaret club girl.

A new mini-game called “Insect Queen Female King” will also be added.

Crimson Ryan has received 2 thanks from: Amir, Monkei
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Shin Pan Tzee » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:52 pm

Now we wait for both to come to the west.

Shin Pan Tzee
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby OL » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:07 pm

Monkei wrote:
OL wrote: Oh, and nice to see the slap kept in the trailer. :lol:

I was slightly irritated by that, but then thought "meh, Japan". What's up with it, why is he slapping her, why is it in the trailer and can you elaborate on that LanDC pissed-offness? : D

I can't remember the line exactly, but Kazuma just slaps her once for saying things she shouldn't; I might be wrong, but I think she's saying something about how a certain someone is probably dead, or something of that nature. Need to see the scene again. But yeah, it's just one of those "Come to your senses" kinds of slaps. Nothing malicious.

Anyway, waaaaay back when the original game was first announced, there was understandably a good amount of rumbling (and grumbling) going on around here about the game, due to the snap observation that it's similar in a lot of ways to Shenmue. So basically that ended up creating two different sides on the matter: people who were excited for it, and people who were pissed that Sega was working on this instead of a new Shenmue.
Obviously, that led to the angriest of Shenmue fanboys making a lot of petty, silly complaints about what was shown in the first trailer. And for some reason the one that always stood out in my mind most was LanDC complaining that Kazuma is a terrible, terrible person for slapping a little girl, and observing that Ryo would never do that because he has honor or some such other silliness. :lol:
I dunno, that just always made me laugh, judging a game over something so small and writing the entire thing off because of it. Sorry, just making in-jokes to myself I guess.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, Yokosuka
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:19 pm

Some people were still in that mindset about Yakuza when I signed up...

some people around here can be incredibly childish.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming