Can someone translate Japanese...

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Can someone translate Japanese...

Postby Shadab » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:09 am

Guys,

I have been trying to follow Yu Suzuki on twitter his name on there is Yu_Suzuki_JP I believe that is the real Suzuki San as he is connected to the Shenmue_Gai twitter account.

Google does the shittest translations which make no sense, I thought it would be a good idea for someone who knows Japanese here to translate these tweets so we know whats going on with Suzuki San and Shenmue Gai...

Also people plz stop chatting crap about Yu Suzuki as atleast he's trying to bring Shenmue back for us the fans, obviously he doesnt have the money for Shenmue 3, if you have 70 million dollars then please give them to him and if he still does not make Shenmue 3 then I'll join you in your anger....

I'm trying my best here to keep supporting Gai and am checking like everyday to see when this comes out on Yahoo so that we all can create accounts and raise the numbers on it....
Shadab
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: Can someone translate Japanese...

Postby Panda_rapist » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:11 am

....... i wan.... na-no...
Panda_rapist

Postby Thief » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:01 am

あいわなのつ!

haha... I'm lame
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Balzak802 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:15 pm

I hope they translate this game so that the Shenmue fan base could show that Shenmue could be successful so they could finally release Shenmue 3 already. I would even still play and try to put as many hours into Shenmue Gai, even if it was turned into one of those dumb Facebook games. Personally, I do not have a Facebook account but if Shenmue Gai comes to Facebook then I will sign up for Facebook the first day it comes out.
Balzak802
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby nagn » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:09 pm

A while ago they confirmed a Western Release, but from gameplay footage it's not really worth it anyways.

Which is another nail in the Coffin for Yu Suzuki's greatest work :|
nagn
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Panda_rapist » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:30 pm

nagn wrote:A while ago they confirmed a Western Release, but from gameplay footage it's not really worth it anyways.

Which is another nail in the Coffin for Yu Suzuki's greatest work :|

no confirmation, he just said he would like to and he's trying to get it done
Panda_rapist

Postby nagn » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:50 pm

I'd say it would be very likely considering the overall cheapness of creating a game like shenmue city.

If it's already planned, then it won't take much to make it oversees, but granted I'm not so sure how popular it is in Japan.
nagn

Postby Thief » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:03 am

Wasn't there an interview where they were trying to decide what to name the English version of the game? I could be wrong my memory has been hazy lately.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby kanita » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:57 am

The concepts may be similar in theory, but no one is immitating no one.
Shenmue's been conceptualized by Yu long ago, and truth be told Yu does his own thing, he isn't even a big gamer nor does he follow closely what's happening in the videogames world, not to that detail anyway.
kanita
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:50 pm

I would directly ask Rakim or Kiyuu as they have provided translations before. I can translate Raomanji since I can speak Japanese but reading it is still tough for me.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby south carmain » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:45 pm

Every tweet he makes is about how he hates shenmuedojo user shadab. Source: i speak nippon.
Last edited by south carmain on Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Rakim
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby DEVILLE_David » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:33 pm

I wouldn't bother translating as he's not active anymore on twitter. And Shenmue Gai services have stopped for a while now.

I asked Yu Suzuki during the interview if he would like to release Shenmue Gai and Virtua Fighter Fever Combo overseas because i thought that's a shame we didn't get the chance to play those titles and he said that he'd like to if that's possible.

So no, it's not going to happen tomorrow, BUT if he had the opportunity and chance to do it, i am sure he would do it. Someone would have to translate everything about Shenmue Gai : items, menus, characters, story, quests etc and since the game is not available anymore... it's a difficult task isn't it.

Yu Suzuki is not really into social networks. He has no facebook, had a twitter but his last tweet was like one year ago. I think that he doesn't like to share anything private on internet. No one really knows about his family etc. (i can understand that tho).

Even if you check YsNet last updates, Virtua Fighter Fever Combo has no recent updates. I am not sure what's going on really.

Maybe he's onto some big project and it's going to take some time before anything comes up or he has no plans at the moment. But anyway, you can still follow him on twitter if you want to, that's his official account. Now i wouldn't expect news any time soon.

Edit : well after looking at his twitter account real quick, seems like he was active during 2011 but not that much. Nowadays you see people sending multiple tweets each day, Yu Suzuki san has like 13 tweets starting april 2011 till end of 2011.

Short messages about him arriving at E3, going to a restaurant located around Shinagawa etc. I am surprised he has shared so many infos back then and now is rather quiet. He's a busy man tho so... that's probably normal.

DEVILLE_David has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Supa
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Return to Shenmue III