Vote for Ryo in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Vote for Ryo in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transforme

Postby Shendream » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:06 am

Another big gaming site ( in France ) Gameblog.fr relayed the information :)

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/32305-votez ... ki-shenmue
Last edited by Shendream on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shendream has received a thanks from: Ziming
Shendream
Shenmue Master Staff
Shenmue Master Staff

Postby Ziming » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:57 am

Shendream wrote: Our Friends ( Shenmue Master ) of Jeuxvidéo.com agreed to speak about the votes concerning Ryo in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed. Jeuxvidéo.com is a huge site with a huge audience, hoping that it will bring many votes to Ryo.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2012/0006 ... henmue.htm

It is thanks to Romendil, such a nice woman, really passionate about Shenmue, a big thanks to her.

http://www.shenmuemaster.fr/

=D>

Very few know this but it was Shendream who set up the Toulouse interview with Yu Suzuki last year. He was suppose to conduct the interview, but had to pull out at the last minute. This is why the interview features his friend Kenji.

Ziming has received a thanks from: Shendream
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Stocke » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:40 am

Looks like a few people in the original forum are getting upset that certain french gaming sites are supporting only Ryo.
Bit of an awful argument if you ask me. Of course certain websites are going to take sides, whether it be for Ryo or not.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Lan Di-sama » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:49 am

Wow, quite a big jump in just one day. Over 1500 votes.

Good work on getting the word out. I wonder how Ryo is ranked right now (couldn't be arsed to check :P)
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ShenSun » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:56 am

currently it is

1)Segata Sanshiro
2) Miku
3) Ryo

It looks like Ryo will overtake Miku by the end of the day. Tomorrow Sanshiro is going down.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:19 pm

IT's like World War 3 involving the battle of Sega IPs and the allies for Ryo finally came through.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby ShenSun » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Yep, got off to a rocky start, but it looks like Ryo will take his rightful number 1 spot come December 1st
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:18 pm

HOLY FUCK! 1600?! First time in a long time the community even some of the vets who are more known for being distant in these things contributed. Awesome.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Ryudo wrote: HOLY FUCK! 1600?! First time in a long time the community even some of the vets who are more known for being distant in these things contributed. Awesome.

Don't be so surprised. There's a world of Shenmue fandom outside the Dojo's walls. One thing I hope people take from this experience is that different groups should be working together a lot more often, instead of the insular, almost tribal attitude that some people seem to have.

Earlier in this thread, when Ryo was struggling to pick up steam, someone asked "where are those Twitter guys now?" - referring to fans who participate in the monthly Tweetathons. But the question could just as easily be asked every 3rd of the month - where are those Dojo guys now? While some members of this site embrace it as a proactive movement towards Shenmue III, others seem to look down their nose because it didn't originate at the Dojo. But we are all one fanbase, we shouldn't be thinking in terms of us and them within what is already a niche community. I post wherever I can - here, Shenmue 500K, Shenmue UK, and of course Team Yu. If I had more than even a cursory recollection of my French lessons at school, I'd be joining the conversations at Shenmue Master as well. Integration and co-operation makes us all stronger, as this All-Stars Racing petition has proven. No single website or group could have done it alone, and I hope that resonates going forward.

Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:35 pm

I can't speak for everyone, but its been a real fuckin long time, and many of us have been around the whole time. I don't think its people turning their nose up at something that wasen't started on the Dojo (we all got on top of this and it didn't start on the Dojo) its more that the constant campaigning doesn't seem like its making an impact to most of us.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Yama
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:55 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: I can't speak for everyone, but its been a real fuckin long time, and many of us have been around the whole time. I don't think its people turning their nose up at something that wasen't started on the Dojo (we all got on top of this and it didn't start on the Dojo) its more that the constant campaigning doesn't seem like its making an impact to most of us.

I completely understand that. Time and disappointment breed apathy and cynicism. If anyone's got a right to succumb to those effects, it's Shenmue fans.

On the other hand, the Tweetathon was designed to be as easy as possible. Once a month, on the same day, post one tweet with the same hashtag. That's the bare minimum, and you're done for another month. The aim is for your tweet to inspire someone else, who might post their own which then gets retweeted. As the months go by, the snowball effect takes hold. We're seeing it happen, and while it's yet another Shenmue campaign, it has a whole new psychology behind it. One that ultimately may not even succeed, but in the meantime it's keeping the name active in people's minds until one of those people comes up with something better.

There's no good reason not to support this, but I take on board what you're saying - some people's hesitance certainly isn't about whether it was originally a Dojo project or not. My post above was about those for whom I still believe it might be. I just hope they're a minority who get over it soon.

EDIT:

Just had a look on Sega's forum, and there may be sticky times ahead for this petition.

Sumo's now saying that if more than three characters qualify past the 1000 mark, it won't necessarily be the top three who get presented to Sega. Other factors will be considered, with preference possibly given to those who have not already featured in the All-Stars Racing series. *GULP*

If it gets to that stage, fans will be invited to debate the matter on Sega's forum, putting forth arguments for why their favorite character should be chosen. My fear is that no amount of arguing will outweigh the fact that Ryo's already had a turn and, say, Vectorman hasn't.

So what we have to hope for, first and foremost, is that the "1000+ Club" remains pretty exclusive. Miku might be ruled out (to quote S0L: "If a character can't be done for licensing, legal or other reasons, we will have runners up as alternatives"), so that gives us a little breathing room perhaps, and I don't even know if they'd be allowed to use Segata Senshiro's likeness (it's a real-life actor, after all), so the chances are reasonable that it won't come down to a debate and preferential treatment. But lets all start sticking pins in Vectorman dolls to be on the safe side.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: mue 26
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Lan Di-sama » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:34 pm

Anybody have a GameFAQs account? I was banned eons ago, but it couldn't hurt to make a topic asking for Shenmue/Sega fans support. There's a Dreamcast message board, and respective messages boards for each game, as well as the Xbox/Xbox 360 message board and the Shenmue IIx board.

They are pretty inactive but those who do come across it are likely to be fond of Shenmue. Rounding up a couple dozen additional votes couldn't hurt.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:11 pm

I'm wondering if we shouldn't start getting pretty darn careful about where we publicize the contest. Up until now, it hasn't mattered if a few people who've seen our links have chosen to vote for other characters instead, so long as the majority followed our advice and voted for Ryo. But now, if we're hoping to limit the number of characters crossing the 1000 threshold (for reasons I laid out above), we don't want to risk shooting ourselves in the foot by raising awareness amongst fans who might go on to vote Vectorman over the line.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:23 pm

I completely understand that. Time and disappointment breed apathy and cynicism. If anyone's got a right to succumb to those effects, it's Shenmue fans.

I'm historically one of them. However as of late been much more involved and finally updating my collection a little. Also might be a big part is that my life has been hell for a few years and the storm has settled and happy and more clear headed. So got more into Shenmue again.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: mue 26
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby wude » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:43 pm

I feel like sumo don't want ryo in the game, they're constantly changing rules.

wude has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Yama
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates