E3 2013 Build up

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: E3 2013 hype train starts now!

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Its funny because the Orbis rumors are closer to the truth then the Durango ones.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:08 pm

SCE Patents Controller That Can Get Hard or Soft, Rough or Smooth, “Triggering Multiple Human Sensations”

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... ensations/

Control games with our dicks, For female gamers special strap ons
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Next console rumors are so boring.

I was just thinking the same thing while looking at this topic.
I mean, seriously, I don't give a shit at all about the tech of the next consoles, when they're coming out, what's been patented, what they'll be called, etc.
Show me some games and I may be interested. But a fucking plastic box with circuit boards inside doesn't excite me in the least.

OL has received 3 thanks from: Perfect_Chaos, Segata Sanshiro Jr., Yokosuka Martian
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news ... oured.html

To be simply called XBox and also going to release a X Tablet?

Just when you think the Xbox 720 rumor mill is getting boring ...

An anonymous prankster named X-Surface has decided to punk some of the biggest gaming news sites in order to make a point about the haphazard nature of gaming news reporting. By claiming to be a Microsoft employee, the hoaxster managed to feed legitimate-seeming information to major sites like CNet, Gizmodo, Pocketlint, VentureBeat, Tech Digest, VG247, NowGamer and even Yahoo!.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/1 ... tumblr.htm

Unsurprising. This is more or less the disease that infests all media these days. The need to maximize viewership and by extension advertising revenue. When the most watched news program in the country with the most lucrative ad revenue is by far the least accurate and most biased of them all it's understandable why all other media has begun to follow route.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby KiBa » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Part of the reason why I am already bored with this next gen is that I can't look forward to it when I'm afraid they're aiming to go all digital, or end the buying and selling of used games, or prevent offline play, etc. Half the fun is in collecting. I want to own something tangible, and I just want to be able to buy and sell and play games. The good news is that all this fear (that the gaming industry itself has created!) has caused a renaissance of indie games and retro gaming antiquarianism. How sad would it be if all that fun was crushed and destroyed in the mainstream by stupid greed? Just release a goddamn console without pulling any tricks! Doesn't anyone today even know how to keep the status quo? Things are good. We want innovative games, not whatever oppressive new technology you're peddling to yourselves. For I haven't read one design spec so far that was aimed at the customer. Rather, they're all aimed at their own bosses or greedy developers. I don't want to buy my own chain, and I highly doubt that anyone who knows better wants to either.

KiBa has received 5 thanks from: Axm, mue 26, OL, ThyDarkAngel, ys
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:50 pm

OL wrote:
Riku Rose wrote: Next console rumors are so boring.

I was just thinking the same thing while looking at this topic.
I mean, seriously, I don't give a shit at all about the tech of the next consoles, when they're coming out, what's been patented, what they'll be called, etc.
Show me some games and I may be interested. But a fucking plastic box with circuit boards inside doesn't excite me in the least.

You jumped for joy when you got a boxed Genesis.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:53 pm

Out of nostalgia and knowledge of the games tied to it. With things like that, it becomes more than a hunk of plastic. You and I both know the Genesis is far more than just a plastic box.
But right now, that's all these new consoles are in my eyes. There's no particular feeling attached to any of them yet (why would there be?) and I have yet to see any projected experiences that I know I can look forward to with them.
I don't give a fuck about tech. I give a fuck about the experiences that can be had with that tech. And so far, there's nothing to look forward to in that regard.
We may as well be talking about the newest, most cutting-edge toaster as it is now. It's all boring shit.
So far I'm failing to feel any hype for this coming E3.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:06 pm

I agree and I was just pulling your chain a little.

No secret I love the DC. Had systems since I really like because of the games,but no attachment like I do older systems. No this isn't a retro thing either as in retro is better is not what I am saying. Maybe it's just because PS3/360 are pretty much the same. Genesis/TG16/SNES were very different. It was rare your choice was Final Fantasy on 360 or PS3. No it was Phantasy Star and Sonic or Final Fantasy and Mario or Ys and Bonk. I know some like how systems now have similar libraries but to me makes it less interesting. I did end up loving this gen. Still agree not as much attachment to current systems and the ones to come.
Last edited by Bluecast on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: OL
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:13 pm

Actually, I do have attachment to current systems. Uncharted, Demon's Souls, the new Ratchet & Clanks, Yakuza, Folklore and others... all of them will forever be intrinsically tied to the PS3 in my eyes. Same with A Boy and His Blob for the Wii, or Tenchu Z and Guilty Gear 2: Overture for the 360 (probably wouldn't be most people's choice, but hey...). So I have attachments to current consoles. Not as much as with earlier generations, but it's still there.

I just feel nothing for the faceless, vacuous concept of "new tech," so the rumors of these new, unannounced consoles are doing absolutely nothing for me so far. I want to hear about the games themselves, but I fear the coming game shows are going to be all about hardware. It's all just so... "blah".

OL has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, Segata Sanshiro Jr., ThyDarkAngel
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Strikeout » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:58 am

nintendo want to show a lot games for the wii u including a yoshi game, a new mario game, smash bros., mario kart and a windwaker hd remake! and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem and a new monolith soft rpg is in working! that's great
Strikeout
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Valnes
Currently playing: nothing special

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:43 am

Posting from my 360 so i cant link but sounds like we will see Project Gotham Racing 5.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Axm » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:53 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:Posting from my 360 so i cant link but sounds like we will see Project Gotham Racing 5.

What! Really?! If so im fucking excited!
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:26 am

Formed by ex-Infinity Ward founders Jason West and Vince Zampella back in 2010 following an unceremonious exit from the developer, Respawn Entertainment is finally gearing up to show something, presumably from its partnership with EA.

"I've gotten a 'few' questions about @e3expo plans this year," reads a tweet from Vince Zampella. "Yes, we will finally be at E3!"

While Zampella confirmed that Respawn will be at E3 2013, he remains tight-lipped on what exactly it will be that the studio is showing.

"I have no intention of showing up empty handed!" said Zampella in a follow-up tweet. "I can't say anything else right now."

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news ... to-E3.html
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:11 am

Batman Arkham Origins to be announced at E3?

Gameblog.fr claims to have received details about the unannounced title from "sources close to the matter", stating that the game is set "in the years 50/60" and includes "some members of the Justice League".

Superman and The Green Lantern will also make appearances in the game, the site claims.

Contrary to previous rumours, which suggested that the title was in the works at Warner Bros. Montreal, Gameblog claims that series creator Rocksteady Studios is back leading development on Arkham Origins, with a reveal scheduled for E3 this June.

The game is expected to be developed using Unreal Engine 3.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/batma ... laims.html

Would rather they continue the main story. Want a Batman game without the Joker as the villain.

Due the Riddler/Scarecrow team up that's teased in City.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:32 am

Every article I read on it says it's set in the Silver Age when Batman met the Joker and formed the Justice League. It happened in the Golden Age... ](*,)
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming