Next Generation Speculation

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Xbox 3 & PS4 Talk

Postby Axm » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:07 pm

Mmmmhhhmmmm that looks good to me!
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:51 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: No interest in next gen, at all. The only way I'll be interested in the PS4 and next Xbox is if they showed off a new Ivalice game or Vagrant Story 2, Shenmue 3, Drakengard 3, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Forbidden Siren 3, Front Mission HD Collection, Breakdown 2, Legacy of Kain, Parasite Eve 3, God Hand 2, new Shin Megami Tensei (that isn't Persona) and Growlanser VII. And they won't, you know why? 'Cos none of my favourite games and series get sequels aside from on handhelds, henceforth my last of interest in consoles anymore. So meh to all this speculation. The usual suspects will be there at E3; Uncharted 4, Killzone, Halo, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Final Fantasy XIII-4; a big bore all around. I'll just go back to my 3DS and PS2 now and shut up.[/whineover]

We could always get some new IP's that appeal to you. People complain about sequels but we actually got a lot of original games and many series that started off this gen.

As for the controller the sad part is that Sony and Microsoft are probably changing the remotes so they can make us all buy new ones rather then let us use our current ones.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:09 pm

People are freaking out how horrible the new controller is which is BTW a prototype (I like it btw)

Not a finished product so more or less features and tweaks will be done or have been done and we are just seeing an earlier kit. That said let's take a trip down memory lane for past prototypes. Some were close to the final version some were far removed from it.

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby mue 26 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Seriously though, the controller looks good to me. Apparently it has cameras in it and all.

mue 26 has received 4 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Rakim, Samanosuke Akechi, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:03 am

Ya I dont see where negativity could come from. Its basicly a DS3 with a screen/pad on top where wasted space was in the first place. And improvements to the dpad and triggers? Im all for it.
Now we just have to wait for the system to not own our lives.
Last edited by Axm on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:05 am

Axm wrote: Ya I dont see where negativity could come from. Its basicly a DS3 with a screen/pad on top where wasted space was in the first place. And improvements to the dpad and triggers? Im all for it.

Don't forget the light on the back there for MOVE. Which means PS4 will have a camera come with the system if not built in(should be built in IMO)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:18 am

well the durango supposedly has a tracker that counts the number of people in the room
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:48 am

Ryudo wrote:
Axm wrote: Ya I dont see where negativity could come from. Its basicly a DS3 with a screen/pad on top where wasted space was in the first place. And improvements to the dpad and triggers? Im all for it.

Don't forget the light on the back there for MOVE. Which means PS4 will have a camera come with the system if not built in(should be built in IMO)

Be silly to have a camera built in because every ones has a different set up.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:06 am

Too lazy to check if it was already discussed.

It appears the always on kinect is going to be used for DRM? :???:

The technology, briefly described, is a content presentation system and method allowing content providers to regulate the presentation of content on a per-user-view basis. Content is distributed to consuming devices, such as televisions, set-top boxes and digital displays, with an associated license option on the number of individual consumers or viewers allowed to consume the content. The limitation may comprise a number of user views, a number of user views over time, a number of simultaneous user views, views tied to user identities, views limited to user age or any variation or combination thereof, all tied to the number of actual content consumers allowed to view the content. Consumers are presented with a content selection and a choice of licenses allowing consumption of the content. In one embodiment, a license manager on the consuming device or on a content providers system manages license usage and content consumption. The users consuming the content on a display device are monitored so that if the number of user-views licensed is exceeded, remedial action may be taken.

As crazy as it sounds,the technology exists to make it happen.

Samanosuke Akechi has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:39 am

So? Just put summat over the lense. If this is the kinda shit they're bringing in for their new security box consoles, then it looks like we've got nowt to worry about.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Chan » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:16 am

Hello, I just heard it from someone in the game industry, he said Sony is going to announce PS4 on 20th Feb.
Any event on this day? I was too busy to ask for more. But this is what I heard :P
Chan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby south carmain » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:22 am

Chan wrote: Hello, I just heard it from someone in the game industry, he said Sony is going to announce PS4 on 20th Feb.
Any event on this day? I was too busy to ask for more. But this is what I heard :P

sony are doing a press release on the 20th and rumour has been circulating all around the web that it's to announce the PS4
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Chan » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:26 am

south carmain wrote:
Chan wrote: Hello, I just heard it from someone in the game industry, he said Sony is going to announce PS4 on 20th Feb.

sony are doing a press release on the 20th and rumour has been circulating all around the web that it's to announce the PS4

I see, hope this is it then.
Chan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:40 pm

Samanosuke Akechi wrote: Too lazy to check if it was already discussed.

It appears the always on kinect is going to be used for DRM? :???:

The technology, briefly described, is a content presentation system and method allowing content providers to regulate the presentation of content on a per-user-view basis. Content is distributed to consuming devices, such as televisions, set-top boxes and digital displays, with an associated license option on the number of individual consumers or viewers allowed to consume the content. The limitation may comprise a number of user views, a number of user views over time, a number of simultaneous user views, views tied to user identities, views limited to user age or any variation or combination thereof, all tied to the number of actual content consumers allowed to view the content. Consumers are presented with a content selection and a choice of licenses allowing consumption of the content. In one embodiment, a license manager on the consuming device or on a content providers system manages license usage and content consumption. The users consuming the content on a display device are monitored so that if the number of user-views licensed is exceeded, remedial action may be taken.

As crazy as it sounds,the technology exists to make it happen.

Yeah I made a topic over it. This would stop me from getting the system. I don't want big brother and I don't want a kinect. The DRM thing. DRM is a death sentence and anyone who has DRM deserves to fail
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:09 pm

I'm not over the moon about it but I can't blame company's for it. People will bitch and moan but enough will still buy it that Sony and Microsoft don't care. At the end of the day they want your money. I see people all over the internet saying they will refuse to buy a new console if this happens but all I can think of is the Call of Duty and Left 4 Dead boycott groups that had most of the group playing said game on day one.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Axm
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming