Lost the car key

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Lost the car key

Postby silent killer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:00 am

Lost my car key once. Actually, just went the dealership route. Cost me about $35 but I needed a key. Have you tried borrowing someone else's key to their Nissan? In most cases a key is a key, and most cars still aren't smart enough to tell the difference between your key and someone elses.
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: arcane devices
Currently playing: Cross Code

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:43 am

people, people, people. i hope you are ready for one hell of a laugh. Little background story first. my girl dropped my keys a few months back and my car key broke (as shown in the pic that is in spoiler tags)

i thought "well i'll just get a copy made to have a new not broken one and use the broken one as a spare" i always kept my keys and single car key together. in my pocket at home on the counter etc..... i never got around to getting a copy made. well last night my friend came over to help me break into the car with a clothes hanger to get the cars paper work out the glove box to take to the dealership. he then notices my FUCKING key sitting in the lock on the driver side door! you have my permission to poke fun and call me an idiot and any other nasty statements your mind can think up!

Perfect_Chaos has received a thanks from: silent killer
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:48 am

I blame video games.

GTA taught us keys don't exist.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Perfect_Chaos
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:39 am

I really need to get a spare key done for my car. I often misplace them or someone else moves them and normally puts them in a really dumb place......Like the key rack :lol:
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:45 pm

:-s How did you not notice it in the door? Is the car in a garage or enclosed area or something?
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:11 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: :-s How did you not notice it in the door? Is the car in a garage or enclosed area or something?

I'm guessing it's because that's the last place it would be. I mean you'd have to be stupid to leave it in the door, so why bother looking there?

And if not to look, you wouldn't otherwise approach the door unless you already had the key. Or a crowbar.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Bluecast » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:16 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: :-s How did you not notice it in the door? Is the car in a garage or enclosed area or something?

How many times have you looked for the house keys only to have them in the door?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Yeah, but....that's why I asked if it was garaged or enclosed, in this country it'd probably be stolen within about ten minutes in a lot of places!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:43 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Yeah, but....that's why I asked if it was garaged or enclosed, in this country it'd probably be stolen within about ten minutes in a lot of places!

In the US even the police get their cars stolen in front of them :P

Bluecast has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Rakim » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:53 pm

Perfect_Chaos wrote: people, people, people. i hope you are ready for one hell of a laugh. Little background story first. my girl dropped my keys a few months back and my car key broke (as shown in the pic that is in spoiler tags)

i thought "well i'll just get a copy made to have a new not broken one and use the broken one as a spare" i always kept my keys and single car key together. in my pocket at home on the counter etc..... i never got around to getting a copy made. well last night my friend came over to help me break into the car with a clothes hanger to get the cars paper work out the glove box to take to the dealership. he then notices my FUCKING key sitting in the lock on the driver side door! you have my permission to poke fun and call me an idiot and any other nasty statements your mind can think up!

Oh gee that's rich.

Rakim has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:08 pm

Ryudo wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Yeah, but....that's why I asked if it was garaged or enclosed, in this country it'd probably be stolen within about ten minutes in a lot of places!

In the US even the police get their cars stolen in front of them :P

Then, it all just amazes me even more!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby silent killer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:18 pm

Perfect_Chaos wrote: people, people, people. i hope you are ready for one hell of a laugh. Little background story first. my girl dropped my keys a few months back and my car key broke (as shown in the pic that is in spoiler tags)

In the words of Hermione Granger in the first Harry Potter movie:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgLNQiZbivM[/youtube]
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: arcane devices
Currently playing: Cross Code

Previous

Return to Off Topic