Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Must've seen em n just not registered the fact. Half the energy drinks out right now have black cans anyway. Defo gonna be headin down the local Pole shop to get one of those Kinder Milk Slice bars though. They look bum as fuck!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bambi » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:44 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Must've seen em n just not registered the fact. Half the energy drinks out right now have black cans anyway. Defo gonna be headin down the local Pole shop to get one of those Kinder Milk Slice bars though. They look bum as fuck!

They're ace, most Polski shops I've been to stock them in the fridge.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby OL » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Rakim wrote: First Beethoven...

I do think Beethoven is overrated, but that's not to say he was bad. His Ode to Joy and Moonlight Sonata are amazing feats of writing, absolutely.
You won't find me saying that he doesn't deserve some level of fame and renown, I just think there are others who are more deserving of the fame and renown that gets heaped upon him. Niccolo Paganini, for example, was an absolute master of the violin in ways that Beethoven would never be able to match with any instrument, but does the average person know who you're talking about if you say "Paganini?" Nope. And that's a damn shame.

Ignore the goofy hair guy.
My personal favorite bit start around 11:30:

phpBB [video]
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:12 pm

OL wrote:Niccolo Paganini, for example, was an absolute master of the violin in ways that Beethoven would never be able to match with any instrument,

Well that's just not true. We have no actual(video or audio) evidence to base skill level assessments of either of them on so we have to go by second hand sources. All, or at least most, of which attribute god-like unsurpassable abilities to both Paganini and Beethoven. Now considering the human affinity for exaggeration we have to break it down in to realistic terms and assume this means they both achieved a very high level. Virtuoso even. Technical skill-wise, the Igudesman and Joo of the 19th century. I don't think there would be any butt whooping from either side really. Just two masters exhibiting their instruments fullest potential.

As for fame Beethoven is more well known because his shit is more accessible. Simple as that. He has "hits" so to speak. He wrote melodies like a motherfucker. Paganini wrote stuff that was impressive to play at his live shows but to the average listener not that fun. Beethoven did his fair share of musical showing off but filled in the gaps with Pathetique Sonatas and Eroica Symphanies. Stuff to get the hoes panties wet. You don't even have to like music to understand those kind of pieces(or at least the famous bits of them).

Ludwig van 4 Lyfe Bitches!

Rakim has received 2 thanks from: mue 26, Nahovil
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Thief » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:20 pm

There are some people I know who almost exclusively listen to classical music (not the period but the over-arching term used to describe anything of romantic, classical, baroque, w/e) -- they do this not because they necessarily enjoy it, or because they find some sort of beauty in it, but because it's expected. It is the accepted form of the civilized in music -- art in poetry of music. Eh.

Pop -- to make and sing about something stupid and somehow make it sound not so stupid. I listen to pop.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:21 pm

Rakim's schoolin out here. Though I have to admit to not being able to follow all this classical music talk. I don't know much about the Beatles either to be honest. I gets down with black music.

phpBB [video]
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jokatech19 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Raithos wrote: What happened exactly? A glitch in a game that affected your album? I heard one of your tunes on sound cloud with the trumpet (I think), pretty slick man.

Thanx bro. It was a glitch isolated to the game, but it's really annoying. The music is set to loop within each room. When I played it, even when dying or restarting, the music would start again. However, for some reason, I played it from the CD and when I died, the music would keep looping from before, and layer each time I died. I was hoping it was just a one-time thing, but it seems like this is going to happen on each CD. Bummer. Well on a good note, it feels good to have the record done.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby beedle » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:10 pm

Revolver is a great album.
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:32 am

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Raithos
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bambi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:05 pm

Bambi has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Rakim
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sonikku » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:26 pm

It's true you know.

I know the instant a man asks me to do some ironing, I will be outed. The secret Achilles heel of transwomen everywhere. :sad:

On a more serious note, your SO should know the truth before the relationship heads towards the bedroom, regardless as for whether or not you're post op and can "fool" them. Transition should be about ending the lies and embracing the truth there in. A part of that is being able to acknowledge your past. I think only a fool could come so far only to torment themselves with the daily fear that their lover will learn the truth and abandon them.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Axm » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:43 pm

Axm has received 2 thanks from: OL, Yokosuka Martian
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Nahovil » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:29 am

Rakim wrote:
OL wrote:Niccolo Paganini, for example, was an absolute master of the violin in ways that Beethoven would never be able to match with any instrument,

Well that's just not true. We have no actual(video or audio) evidence to base skill level assessments of either of them on so we have to go by second hand sources. All, or at least most, of which attribute god-like unsurpassable abilities to both Paganini and Beethoven. Now considering the human affinity for exaggeration we have to break it down in to realistic terms and assume this means they both achieved a very high level. Virtuoso even. Technical skill-wise, the Igudesman and Joo of the 19th century. I don't think there would be any butt whooping from either side really. Just two masters exhibiting their instruments fullest potential.

As for fame Beethoven is more well known because his shit is more accessible. Simple as that. He has "hits" so to speak. He wrote melodies like a motherfucker. Paganini wrote stuff that was impressive to play at his live shows but to the average listener not that fun. Beethoven did his fair share of musical showing off but filled in the gaps with Pathetique Sonatas and Eroica Symphanies. Stuff to get the hoes panties wet. You don't even have to like music to understand those kind of pieces(or at least the famous bits of them).

Ludwig van 4 Lyfe Bitches!

Beethoven is glorified for his composition. Also, there's no hype in this

phpBB [video]
Nahovil
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jokatech19 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:55 pm

Yes! My album - "Those Silent," should be up on ITunes within the next few days. Sucks that my first album is on a separate account. My first album- "The Turning Point " is also on ITunes, but if purchased, I have no idea how I'd get the funds. It's on an old CDBaby account that I lost track of years ago. If anyone knows how to merge CD Baby albums into 1 account after release, please let me know.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby OL » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:02 am

Cool. What name do you go by on there? I typed in Turning Point and came up with a ton of stuff...
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic