Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Axm » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:04 pm

This is kind of pointless at this stage. We could go back and forth forever. You obviously think more negatively about this based on your opinion and I obviously have my own too. Been ignoring my wife all morning lol. Good day sir.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:03 pm

tl;dr
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Jokatech19 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:31 pm

I will never purchase a product online or anything to be delivered by mail again if I can help it. I am sick and tired of the UPS and FedEx. They will put on the greatest show on earth to make you pay for not choosing overnight shipping. These days to ship overnight or 2 day-shipping can cost several times the amount of the item's worth. I was trying to ship some CD's last year and they wanted hundreds of dollars to ship within 2 days. Unless you pick one of the outrageous shipping options, they will screw you to get you back. Even picking Expedited shipping doesn't really pay off, because it's too cheap for their liking. They want your pockets to suffer, and then they'll think about satisfying you as they count their pilfer. I'd love to smash their faces in. I ordered a product to be shipped expeditiously on Saturday. It left the merchant and was shipped on that day. It was said to arrive within 2 days. Today, when I checked it is marked as just arriving at the carrier facility. It probably won't be here until Monday knowing them. Then I ordered something from within the same state I live in. It was shipped yesterday, and somehow it has circled the state and left to another state within that time. They are determined to make sure that I remember which shipping options I picked.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:34 pm

I am having ideas about companies shipping lately, if you pick the least expensive shipping, not only does it take the longest, but they ship it in a less expensive and thus less structural integrity and thus has a greater chance of being damaged during transit. I am also some what getting out of buying online, its just so much cheaper to buy online is the only thing that keeps me coming back. I guess you pay in other ways doing that though, also it gets old having to call and do battle with customer service every time there is an issue and there are so many issues... Main culprit I have seen is amazon, they have gone to shit the past few years.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Jokatech19 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:00 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I am having ideas about companies shipping lately, if you pick the least expensive shipping, not only does it take the longest, but they ship it in a less expensive and thus less structural integrity and thus has a greater chance of being damaged during transit. I am also some what getting out of buying online, its just so much cheaper to buy online is the only thing that keeps me coming back. I guess you pay in other ways doing that though, also it gets old having to call and do battle with customer service every time there is an issue and there are so many issues... Main culprit I have seen is amazon, they have gone to shit the past few years.

Amazon-That's exactly who I'm dealing with. And I ordered a PS Vita. I swear if it gets to me damaged, someone is getting hurt quite fatally. OMG. And I called these idiots several times. Unfortunately, it's Amazon that tends to be the ones with the deals these days. They have a borderline online monopoly. Believe me, I tried to avoid them due to some past experiences. The shipping companies are some malicious pricks as well. Especially in this economy as of late. It's as if they're on this "F the world" kick. People talk about going postal. That was nothing to what these fools are doing now. I believe they deliberately hang certain packages up in the system and do them damage. I once mailed a couple of packages that actually never made it to the destination ever. When I filed a complaint, I received a smug smile from the attendant. That should have been her final moment. Lately, I notice that there are more options than there used to be. You can get overnight, 1, 2, or 3 day shipping with some companies. I saw the prices and I looked back at the postal worker almost in tears of laughter. She couldn't even speak on the nonsense on the screen, and so remained in silence. Bastards!
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Raithos » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:12 pm

I know people have issues with shipping, especially you AG you seem to have had a string of them, but you guys are crazy lol. Between me and my brother we have ordered easily 150 packages from Amazon since 2013 when I got my prime account, no telling how many before that. I think I've had to send two things back because of damages. One was a porcelain mason jar with a cork topper I planned on keeping weed in (shipping/item box arrived in perfect shape, it was damaged inside from the factory somehow) and the other was my first copy of Ys: Seven, they sent it in a huge bubble mailer and it was fuuuucked when it got here lol the replacement came in a box with air pocket padding. I think something recent wasn't up to my standards either, but wasn't bad enough for me to send it back. I forget what it was though. Might have been a xmas gift for some one.

My point it, when employees from anywhere go to box your shit up, they don't care/know what shipping method you picked. They either chose to put it in a box or a mailer, stick the label on it and send it your way. These people work in a very fast paced environment and make mistakes just like everyone else. I guarantee you every Amazon distribution center sends out 10's of thousands of packages a day if not more. And while I'm sure there are jackasses in every state, no one is going to personally hold up certain kinds of packages from being delivered. How do they know whats in them to decide if they should hold them up or not? You can slap something in a box and pay a few bucks and it'll get there in a week. Same box overnight-ed across the country will run you 10-15 bucks or more depending on weight. They are literally flying your shit to get it there in 24 hours lol of course they'll charge way more for that. Jet fuel isn't cheap!

I really do hope your Vita arrives safe and sound though. I don't think you should have any trouble. That'll be in a box for sure. Did you get any games with it?

Raithos has received a thanks from: Jokatech19
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:14 am

In amazons defense, they usually have some remedy for the situation, but some times they wanna refund a percentage, or give a credit, I was happy they discounted the back pack I wanted to buy that they chagned the price on, but ended up honoring it anyway. All im really saying is it seems like more rolling the dice now a days, their packaging just isnt as top notch as it used to be, or maybe i just had a bad string of luck.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:32 pm

It was sold/shipped by Amazon or a third party? I thought they had a 100% refund policy if it was sold by them, I could be wrong though. Yeah man sucks you had all those issues for sure, I wasn't trying to ignore those and I remember the whole Bravely Default fiasco. I was just shooting down the conspiracy theories ya'll had going about the shipping quality being related to the price lol and his holding back packages on purpose based on my experience.

I agree about the dice game but for me its ordering in store where I encounter issues. I can't tell you the number of times I went to pick up a preorder and the box was smashed. Or my preorder copy ended up being the ONLY one they had so they gutted it and put in on the shelf, even tho it was paid for and wasn't for sale in the first place. Seems like we have the same problems just in different situations.

edit: I hate to admit but I just double dipped and bought a second 3DS lol. MM being my favorite console Zelda I had to have it, plus now I can play Xenoblade when it releases the day before my birthday. Sold out at Gamestop quick but saw it at http://www.bestbuy.com and snatched one up.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Jokatech19
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby DEVILLE_David » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:01 am

I am not stopping my Shenmue collection :mrgreen:

Difficult to find Lan Di poster :

More to come soon (whenever i get my packages).

DEVILLE_David has received 3 thanks from: Axm, DL30, Raithos
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Peter » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:06 am

Very nice bud!! :nice!:

I'm absolutely buzzing! Just pre ordered the Majoras mask 3DS XL from the Nintendo UK website. Limited supply!!! Expect it to sell out fast.

Whilst I was at it, I went ahead and pre ordered my Arkham Knight limited edition for the Xbox. But I wanted the Batman statue which is exclusive to Amazon UK, where as GAME have the Batmobile statue exclusive to them.

Peter has received a thanks from: Raithos
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Jokatech19 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:41 pm

Raithos wrote: I know people have issues with shipping, especially you AG you seem to have had a string of them, but you guys are crazy lol. Between me and my brother we have ordered easily 150 packages from Amazon since 2013 when I got my prime account, no telling how many before that. I think I've had to send two things back because of damages. One was a porcelain mason jar with a cork topper I planned on keeping weed in (shipping/item box arrived in perfect shape, it was damaged inside from the factory somehow) and the other was my first copy of Ys: Seven, they sent it in a huge bubble mailer and it was fuuuucked when it got here lol the replacement came in a box with air pocket padding. I think something recent wasn't up to my standards either, but wasn't bad enough for me to send it back. I forget what it was though. Might have been a xmas gift for some one.

My point it, when employees from anywhere go to box your shit up, they don't care/know what shipping method you picked. They either chose to put it in a box or a mailer, stick the label on it and send it your way. These people work in a very fast paced environment and make mistakes just like everyone else. I guarantee you every Amazon distribution center sends out 10's of thousands of packages a day if not more. And while I'm sure there are jackasses in every state, no one is going to personally hold up certain kinds of packages from being delivered. How do they know whats in them to decide if they should hold them up or not? You can slap something in a box and pay a few bucks and it'll get there in a week. Same box overnight-ed across the country will run you 10-15 bucks or more depending on weight. They are literally flying your shit to get it there in 24 hours lol of course they'll charge way more for that. Jet fuel isn't cheap!

I really do hope your Vita arrives safe and sound though. I don't think you should have any trouble. That'll be in a box for sure. Did you get any games with it?

You're right. I think I was being a bit too hard on Amazon due to that 1 transaction. I was looking over my purchases yesterday and I was shocked at the dozens of purchases I've made in the last 6 months, and each one was satisfactory. Sometimes you can get bent out of shape when 1 transaction goes bad. I got the Vita yesterday. I pretty much just want to download all of my games if possible. I have a 16GB for now as I wait for the 64GB to show up. I've redownloaded all of my PSN titles. What irks me is that some of them aren't available on the Vita yet. 1 or 2 Vita games aren't available digitally yet either, but it was a very minor gripe. I like the system alot. It was very well packaged and in better condition than I expected. Just the x button sticks alittle. I'm trying to see what I can loosen it up with safely. The buttons take getting used to, because it feels like the system was made to satisfy the huge world of COD nuts. Playing Street Fighter Alpha 3 was a pain at first, even though the control pad is very accurate. I plan on blogging further about this later. Anyway, it was a good purchase. I'm still looking through the game lists. Please let me know any suggested titles. Youtube is useless.

Also as a side note, I was watching so many videos on the 3DS and I wanted to know what is coming out. I came very close to buying one,
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Raithos » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:05 am

Jokatech19 wrote:
Sometimes you can get bent out of shape when 1 transaction goes bad.

I hear that. I used to shop at circuit city a lot before they closed and they gave me shit for trying to return a defective monitor once and I didn't go back for like 4 years, then they went out of business lol.

You looking for psn titles or physical? Tales of Hearts R, Muramasa Rebirth, Ys Memories of Celceta, Persona 4 Golden, Tearaway (short, but no game utilizes the Vitas features better), Gravity Rush, Danganronpa, Velocity 2X, Uncharted Golden Abyss. There's just so many awesome games on the Vita. No matter what type of game you wants its there.

Raithos has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Jokatech19
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:33 am

Axm has received a thanks from: OL
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Jokatech19 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:29 pm

Raithos wrote:
Jokatech19 wrote:
Sometimes you can get bent out of shape when 1 transaction goes bad.

I hear that. I used to shop at circuit city a lot before they closed and they gave me shit for trying to return a defective monitor once and I didn't go back for like 4 years, then they went out of business lol.

You looking for psn titles or physical? Tales of Hearts R, Muramasa Rebirth, Ys Memories of Celceta, Persona 4 Golden, Tearaway (short, but no game utilizes the Vitas features better), Gravity Rush, Danganronpa, Velocity 2X, Uncharted Golden Abyss. There's just so many awesome games on the Vita. No matter what type of game you wants its there.

I was planning on staying digital, although i did go to the store after work today to give physical games a try. They had absolutely nothing at all. Just crap games. My 64 gig card has not arrived yet, and I'm in the process of demanding a shipping refund, because I'm stuck with my 16 gig. So far I have DOA 5, Gravity Rush, Velocity 1( I already had it), Velocity Ultra, Reality Fighters, and a few of my psp and ps1 games - Dissidia, Puzzle Quest, VT Tennis, Cohort Chess, Strider 2, Justice League Heroes, Castlevania SOTN, Tekken 6, SFA3, Soul Calibur BD, Monster Hunter FU ( lol), Armored Core: Last Raven, and Warriors of the Lost Empire.

My memory is just about depleted. I have over 2 gigs left, but I want to keep it as a cushion. Thanks for the recommendations. I really want Velocity 2X, and I might get it if my card comes tomorrow. I also want Killzone as well now that I know they added patches that allow multiplayer against cpu bots. I love this system. All games look better on it. I just can't find anyone online. Anyone can send my their info and I'll add you.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:56 am

Snagged both of these for $3 a piece off PSN.

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming