Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Sonikku » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:05 am

Kenny wrote: Snagged both of these for $3 a piece off PSN.

She sure did have some colossal knockers in the olden days. :lol: It looks ridiculous now in hindsight.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:34 am

Despite being, at the time, just the right age for it to be the case, I was never really drawn to Tomb Raider because of boobs, as was supposedly the so-often-pointed-out appeal of the early games; I genuinely liked the gameplay, and the whole Indiana Jones-esque concept behind it all.
Strangely, I think TR2 is most notable to me now because it was one of the first times I was genuinely disappointed by the ending to a game... and TR3's ending was a similar case, in that I always found it disturbing as hell that Lara straight-up murders a guy.
Tomb Raiders 1 and 4 are my personal favorites.

I'd like to play MediEvil again one of these days. Always liked the first one way back in the day.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:09 am

Ok so I got hyped about the HD Remaster on PS4 and then kinda snapped at the store.

RE6 I have on 360 but I left my 360 in California at my parents house. Been itching to play it again as I loved Leon and Ada's chapters.

The Chronicals HD collection has both games and I never played 1 or 2 on Wii. So this is gonna be fresh for me.

Revival Selection has CVX and RE4. Both of which I have on 360 or older systems I left in Cali.

The Bio HD Remaster ill hardly touch on PS3 as the PS4 version is superior, but I figured fuck it, gotta catch em' all even though the PS4 version gives me the PS3 version download free as a preorder bonus.

I think ill play the Chronicals games first.

Axm has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, OL
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Axm » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:01 am

Found these. Wanted to kiss the store clerk.

Axm has received a thanks from: Rakim
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:27 am

:D

Wude-Tang Clan has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, OL
Wude-Tang Clan
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Jokatech19 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:38 pm

I finally got my 64 gig card in the mail. Immediately got Killzone with the Botzone patch. Looking forward to diving into these games. I've transferred almost all of my games over.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Raithos » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:50 am

Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut and Resogun from PSN

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:27 am

I think I barely even noticed that this was released last year; I was looking forward to it, then forgot about it. Was given a giftcard recently though, and decided to use that toward the Nintendo eshop. Might also try out Mighty Gunvolt (a sort of 8-bit rendition of Gunvolt crossing over with Mighty No. 9, in the style of an old Mega Man game). Bummer, it looks like Mighty would have been free if I'd gotten Gunvolt back when it first came out.
Might have gone for Shinobi III in 3D instead of MG, but of course it had to be a single damn dollar over my $20 limit. Maybe another time.
There actually seems to be some cool stuff on the eshop. Never checked it out before. And since I can save everything to an SD card, it's not so bad paying for digital stuff this time.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Raithos, Vyse Hazuky
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:05 am

^Apart from VC games, I would suggest you take a look at the Guild series of games (especially Attack of the Friday Monsters as I recall you having an interest in the Boku no Natsuyasumi series), as well as Shovel Knight and Mighty Switch Force. Bloody Gunvolt are still not out in Europe but I am also looking forward to Outrun 3D. Yumi's Odd Odyssey (Sayonara Umihara Kawase) is another gem, though quite pricy.

Vyse Hazuky has received a thanks from: OL
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby OL » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:48 am

^^Actually, Attack of the Friday Monsters and Yumi's Odd Odyssey are some of the main ones I was looking at. The latter in particular, because it's obviously a continuation of an old IP (I remember playing that one on an SNES emulator way back and loving it). But yeah, the price is pretty high. Attack of the Friday Monsters is pretty reasonable though, at only 7.99, and I was surprised by how incredibly endearing it looks. Good recommendations.

OL has received a thanks from: Vyse Hazuky
OL
Shenmue III

Postby JMan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:06 am

Just pre-ordered this.

JMan has received a thanks from: Raithos
JMan

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Thief » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:33 am

Sayonara Umihara Kawase is definitely a good game, but I feel as though I should warn that it's my least favorite of the Umihara Kawase games and it definitely feels a little awkward to control on the 3DS. Personally, I'd recommend you get and play the Umihara Kawase game on the SFC -- either pay the around $50 bucks or so for it or just play it on an emulator. That game has plenty of replay value (there are multiple stage exits and routes to take) and it is certainly the best of the bunch. I don't know, if going back again, if I'd pay the $20 for Sayonara Umihara Kawase on the 3DS.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:09 pm

In a From Software mood since I've been playing a lot of King's Field 4 (The Ancient City) and Eternal Ring lately. Liked what I played of Armored Core 2 and AC4 looks really fast and frenetic and since it was designed by Miyazaki, it's a must.

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Raithos » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:44 pm

There should be a system in place, where the board automatically gives a thanks from all members for every AC purchase.

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:51 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Image

In a From Software mood since I've been playing a lot of King's Field 4 (The Ancient City) and Eternal Ring lately. Liked what I played of Armored Core 2 and AC4 looks really fast and frenetic and since it was designed by Miyazaki, it's a must.

Give Frame Gride a look. Shouldn't be too expensive and might be right up this alley (mechs + From Soft)
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming