Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Monkei » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:22 am

Recent PSN Halloween sale:

Current PSN flash sale:

Raithos wrote: Image

Damn, this looks great!

Monkei has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Henry Spencer, OL, Raithos
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Mr357 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:40 pm

Mr357 has received 4 thanks from: Henry Spencer, Kintor, OL, Raithos
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kintor » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:28 pm

Simply amazing. I'm shocked that Konami would ever approve of more Snatcher merchandise in this day and age.

Plus, it seems that the music on these LPs has been recorded straight from a Mega Drive. I'd buy this in a heartbeat. Except for the fact that I don't actually own a record player of any kind...
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Coromasta » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:34 pm

Birthday and saint nicolas happiness:
Image not the double pack though.
Image bargain on dutch ebay
So many games, so little time.

Coromasta has received a thanks from: Raithos
Coromasta
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Mr357 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:56 pm

Kintor wrote:I'd buy this in a heartbeat. Except for the fact that I don't actually own a record player of any kind...

Neither do I! I just love collecting Snatcher stuff (although I guess I should buy a record player now).

Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kintor » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:35 am

Mr357 wrote: Neither do I! I just love collecting Snatcher stuff (although I guess I should buy a record player now).

That an awesome collection of Snatcher games and merchandise. It mustn't have been easy to find everything.

I have a PAL copy of Snatcher for my Mega CD. It took me years of searching to find Snatcher in good condition and at a reasonable price. Now it's one of the most prized possessions in my collection of Sega games. Snatcher is one of those remarkable games that really lives up to its legendary reputation.

Anyway, I'm sure that the Snatcher LP will make a great addition to your collection, regardless of whether you have a record player or not.

Kintor has received a thanks from: Mr357
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:01 pm

I just got Final Fantasy XIV for PS4 two nights ago. Yup, not XV that everyone is talking about, XIV. And I didn't have a clue what to expect since I normally can't stand MMO games but this game is great. Loving the exploration and getting to know the world, the characters and the aesthetics are top notch. The music is wonderful and the art direction/visuals/graphics are fantastic for an MMO. The combat system is wildly addictive as well the more skills you unlock and the more Jobs/Classes you have access to.

I love Grasshopper Manufacture + I love Dark Souls style games and I also love free games, so I got this after the announcement:

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, Raithos
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:48 am

The only thing I got during all of the black friday/cyber monday deals:

...on PSN. Nice little deal at 14 bucks. Been playing it for nigh-on 30 hours now, and I absolutely love the fuck out of it, so much I'll definitely get a physical version as well one of these days. Easily among the most immersive games I've ever played. Seriously. The Stone Age setting is spot-on, the world is huge and impressive, and the AI is so chaotic that random little mini-adventures can set themselves up in a heartbeat.
From what I'm told, it's not quite as impressive if you've already played Far Cry 4. But whatever, I didn't, so I'm loving it.
And, unexpected as hell, this is actually turning out to be quite possibly my favorite game of the year (though there are quite a few I haven't gotten to try yet).

OL has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:31 pm

Just gonna use other people's pictures for these since it's all on the same page.
This marks the third time I've bought A Boy and His Blob (for the Wii years ago, then for Steam, now this). Wonderful little game, not nearly as appreciated as it should be. And nice little surprise, buying it on PS4 also apparently makes it available on PS3 and Vita. Not friggin bad for about 3 bucks, on sale.
I'm not much of a Suda fanatic anymore, but Let it Die is free, so hey, why not? I think I've seen... a trailer for it, all cutscenes. That's about it. So no idea what I'm going into with it.

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:02 am

My sister recieved my gtx 1080 laptop.

I'm fucking dying to actually get it (specially since my desktop only gets turned on whenever it fucking wants).

shredingskin has received 2 thanks from: Coromasta, Raithos
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Monkei » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:58 pm

Preordered to get the "Toy Box"-demo and show some support.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:40 am

Just preordered A Rose in the Twilight. New game from (I have to assume) the creator of htoL#NiQ. Same art style and somber atmosphere and everything. Loved that game, so I'm excited to try this one out.

Come to think of it, I actually have no idea what the release date even is for this one. Oh well, guess I'll be surprised.

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:28 am

Did you get their last game Yomawari Night Alone back in October? It was one of the best games I played this year. Strangely enough, it had htol#NiQ on the cart as well with reversible cover art.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Axm » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:32 am

Week 3 of the PSN Store sale..
Just got Mirror's Edge Catalyst for $12
FF XIV Heavensward for $10

Since I was a veteran FFXIV player they gave me 3 months subscription for $12. So now im being sucked back in I think.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby OL » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:21 pm

Raithos wrote: Did you get their last game Yomawari Night Alone back in October? It was one of the best games I played this year. Strangely enough, it had htol#NiQ on the cart as well with reversible cover art.

I took notice of Yomawari, but didn't buy it immediately, I think exactly because it came with htol#NiQ, and I didn't want to pay the price it was at halfway for something I already had. Definitely want to check it out eventually though. If not the Vita version, then I think it's on Steam as well, and I'm sure there will be plenty of sales in the future.

Anyway, just got kind of an impulse buy last night. Was looking through the deals on PSN and saw this for 8.99. Hadn't even heard of it before, but it immediately caught my eye because of how very "PS2" it looked (y'know, modern graphics aside).

Only played the opening mission (the tutorial, basically) but it controls extremely well, looks fantastic, and yeah, for some reason feels like a game that could have appeared on the PS2 back in the day. Looking forward to hitting it up some more once I finish some other things.
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming