Electronic cigarettes

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Electronic cigarettes

Postby C.. » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:47 am

Hello everyone.

I usually only venture to post in the Shenmue forums but I thought I would do something different for a change.
I smoked cigarettes since the age of fifteen, rolling tobacco, tailor made, I used to love smoking, one day I just decided I didn't want them any more and then moved to electronic cigarettes.

People are often very skeptical about e-cigarettes ones opinion may be they don't like the idea of not knowing what is in it, does it really help you in any way? and does it help you give up smoking?

In my experience of the six or so months of smoking e-cigs I've come across hurdles and got over them and feel like I need to tell others how it's helped me.

For those of you who don't know what components a e-cigs involve.

You have a clearomizer which is the mouth piece you inhale from.
You have the battery which you press a firing button to simulate smoke and inhale vapour.
The final component is electronic cigarettec juice made from water, proprelene glycol and vegetable glycerin.

Within the juice is nicotine which is delivered through smoking the device.

Its taken over from smoking tobacco cigarettes and I do not miss them, it becomes a totally different addiction, because that is what it is another addiction.

I could argue about if it's healthier or not but I'm not going to that's up for everyone else to decide.
If anyone is a smoker and hasn't tried e-cigs id say at least try them you might like them.

Please express your views and send feedback on what you like or dislike about them or want to know more about them.
C..
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Electronic cigarettes

Postby Peter » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:22 pm

I had never even heard of them until I got back from travelling and everyone now has one. I smoked l the way through travelling but now I am back I have a Ziggy CIG and I love it. The menthol I use is amazing and I have came down from 24 strength to 12. Its far cheaper as well. I don't see it as a help to quit smoking I see it as a healthier alternative. Love e cigs. Amazing things.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:49 pm

Yep. I use a crappy £7 disposable that I get in the local corner shop, lasts me about three weeks so is far cheaper than normal cigs. I do still smoke normal ones when I drink though, but yeah, I am a fan of the e-cigs.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:17 pm

I find people use it as a substitute rather than a tool to help quit smoking altogether..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:43 pm

Your avatar just reminded me, don't they have to smoke e cigs in policenaughts?

C.. how much is the e-ciggy industry paying you for this?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:50 pm

Can't stand em. You get nothing out of em whatsoever. I smoke roll-ups, and it's all about the harshness. It's why I prefer brandy over whiskey.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:20 am

mue 26 wrote: Your avatar just reminded me, don't they have to smoke e cigs in policenaughts?

:-k

You may be right actually. There was something about the colony HOME being a zero-emission world.

Damn, I need to play that game again..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:05 am

Yeah, I remember it was one of the first things that really impressed me about the game and its crazy level of detail. In first scene of the game in the office, if you click on the pack of cigarettes it explains that they aren't real cigarettes (and I think it also says that they let out vapor rather than smoke or something, but that may be a well placed update to the original script by the translation team) and that real ones are now super rare or something.

Man, I would love to play that game so much. I was in love with it while I was playing it (aside from the sexism), but I never finished it because my computer at the time messed up and stopped running it. I never had the heart to download the emulator and all those millions of plugins that you need to play it again. Is there any easy way I can play it? I took me like two days of no sleep to get it running the first time, I can't go through that again.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:33 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Can't stand em. You get nothing out of em whatsoever. I smoke roll-ups, and it's all about the harshness. It's why I prefer brandy over whiskey.

Depends entirely on the make of cig and nicotine strength. Packs from Tesco won't hold a candle to vaporisers you buy online and drip feed yourself..

mue 26 wrote:Man, I would love to play that game so much. I was in love with it while I was playing it (aside from the sexism), but I never finished it because my computer at the time messed up and stopped running it. I never had the heart to download the emulator and all those millions of plugins that you need to play it again. Is there any easy way I can play it? I took me like two days of no sleep to get it running the first time, I can't go through that again.

If you need any help I'll drop you a PM with everything you need when I search for it myself.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby C.. » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:08 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Can't stand em. You get nothing out of em whatsoever. I smoke roll-ups, and it's all about the harshness. It's why I prefer brandy over whiskey.

I've got a Vision Spinner which is a 1300 Mah battery and I used iClear 16 clearomizers (Mouthpieces)

http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/Vaping-Spar ... -1300.html

I used to be just like you Mittenz, I loved the harsh throat hit a roll-up would give, especially Old Holborn.
And I've found a site in the UK that makes the closest you can get to smell, taste and throat hit you would get from real rolling tobacco.

What tobacco do you smoke?

C.. has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
C..
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:14 am

Amber Leaf
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby C.. » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:55 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Amber Leaf

http://www.ok-smokey.com/ecig-liquids-e ... iquid.html

I've never really tried Amber Leaf but there is some on this site that seems to be the same.

I've bought some today of Old Holborn, and I am hopeful that its going to be like they say it is.

It could be completely different and nothing like it but don't know till you try.
C..
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby chris1986 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:18 pm

I too think they act as a substitute for some people, especially since smoking's banned in a lot of public areas, people cannot smoke in places such as work, pubs, clubs, the bus/train etc...but you are allowed to smoke the e-cig since it's not intoxicating others, so that's when most smokers will use the e-cig, then still continue to smoke regular cigarettes whenever they'd usually do.

I too smoke since the age of 15, I'm 27 now, but I gave up 6 months ago (September 16th to be exact, the day before gta 5 came out), and I did it on pure will power, I set my mind to give up, I was planning on stoptober, but i thought fuck it and just quit that day while i was in the correct state of mind. it was hard, especially since i drive for a living and always used to smoke while i drive my van, and plus my nan was bringing me back 100's of cigarettes from abroad and i was looing forward to those, but i just gave it up and didn't care about 'em. im glad i did.

a couple weeks back i went to a club with my mate and he kept going out for cigs and it got to the point where i said 'fuck it mate gimme a puff on it'... i did have a drink and that, and i felt like smoking since ever other fucker was out there doing it, and im happy i did that too, because i wanted to see the effect it had on my throat, so i took quite a long drag, and i had to hold in my cough! it was quite harsh, i just gave it back and said cheers. so i think its fair to say im a full time quitter now.

its hard though, you will always feel like a cigarette one day or another, even after 6 months, once you know how pleasurable a nice puff on a ciggy or a roll up can go down, it's hard to forget, i used to enjoy smoking a lot, sometimes i'd muller a b & h gold, they always burn down slow and i'd take nice long drags and finish the cigarette in like a minute! then i went onto golden virginia, and lets not count out all the masses of cannabis, i smoked a shit load of weed as well.

when i see e cigs in chemists and stuff i feel tempted to buy one, and ive given up already, so maybe these e-cigs are a bit like a double edged sword, since i think them being around can also keep some people from giving up, or even re-ignite someones habit again, im happy they are working for you anyway, good luck with it, and remember, smoking is dangerous!
chris1986
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:38 pm

Its not an e-cig, but I recently bought a dry herbs portable vaporizer called the Pinnacle Pro for my cannabis, waxes and concentrate oils. its a fucking gorgeous portable vape that can easily be mistaken for an e-cig, and I can vape in more open places without having to hide a thing. it even has a 14.4 mm adapter so it can be attached to a water pipe or other pieces that have the same size for a smooth as silk pull of cold vapors, I have tried it like that once already and its amazing. I absolutely love this thing, I can get high on 3 different occasions from a .2 or .3 of a gram from about 5-10 minute sessions each time O_O its unbelievable! Here is the thing in action.

phpBB [video]
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:45 am

Actually, e-cigs are also included in the smoking ban in most places too. Go back just two years or so and no one knew what they were. Now it's not a new thing people are starting to tackle it..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Return to Off Topic