Phil Spencer - The Biggest Request is to Bring Back Shenmue!

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Phil Spencer - The Biggest Request is to Bring Back Shen

Postby Esppiral » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:33 pm

I can't stand this anymore

Esppiral has received a thanks from: Stocke
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby lavrentis » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:43 pm

Lets face it Shenmue 3 would be the only reason to buy an XBOX One.
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Totti » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:23 pm

Isn't this an April fool ????? If not so u should crush Phil twitter page ask for shenmue because Sony look no interested
Totti
Banned
Banned

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:29 pm

It would be great exposure for Microsoft and Phil Spencer knows it. They can promote Shenmue like they did with Killer Instinct. Plus it will help out the XboxOne sales here in Japan. I own a PS4 but I would definitely get a Xboxone for Shenmue 3 of course.

SEGA wants a butt-load of money for Shenmue. That's the only way it will come out. Microsoft and Sony are very hesitant to pay that steep bill.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby shredingskin » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:37 pm

*Kenshin Himura* wrote: It would be great exposure for Microsoft and Phil Spencer knows it. They can promote Shenmue like they did with Killer Instinct. Plus it will help out the XboxOne sales here in Japan. I own a PS4 but I would definitely get a Xboxone for Shenmue 3 of course.

SEGA wants a butt-load of money for Shenmue. That's the only way it will come out. Microsoft and Sony are very hesitant to pay that steep bill.

- I don't think anything will help Xbone in japan, I think they are just going for the cellphone market and the big deals (except some franchises) are more western marketed.

- I don't think SEGA ever got a real deal about Shenmue, as far as people know it was a super expensive game with a niche fanbase. They don't care about games, they care about money.

I can still see shenmue happen, mostly because fans can't let it go (and I think a lot of us will agree, even today more expensive games, with more revenue, can't give the feeling shenmue gave us).

lavrentis wrote: Lets face it Shenmue 3 would be the only reason to buy an XBOX One.

shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Sonikku » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:38 am

At first I thought this might be a preemptive april fools joke being on March 31st.

Then I realized it doesn't matter. Microsoft isn't making squat regardless.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:16 am

Well Phil has said before he is a fan but it wasn't up to him. Now it is so if SEGA still aren't doing anything with the IP go for it.

But what ever happens they need HD remakes of the first 2 other wise Shenmue III will flop hard.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby johnvivant » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:00 am

i highly recommend that the fans keep making requests to this guy. although he said before that he wasn't interested he is clearly impressed with the quantity of requests and the persistency of the fans. that sony exec clearly thought the same.

i also just read that this guy phil spencer is now head of xbox division which means that he's in an even better position to make a decision.

personally i would prefer shenmue 3 to come out for ps4 but i'd happily buy whatever system neccessary to play it.

shenmue has a history on xbox so this can only help it chances of appearing on there, and phil spencer seems to appreciate that.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:37 am

Well he said he thinks MS should find first party games more than 3rd but who knows a co funded deal with SEGA could happen. (Don't see anyone funding it all by themselves)

Worked well for Dead Rising 3.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby blacktorn » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:19 am

Well at least there is alot of talk and press going around about shenmue raising awareness,having the head of the xbox division explicitly mention shenmue is quite a thing actually,although for us shenmue fans the platform is irrelevant just get it out there on anything...even bring back the dreamcast!
blacktorn
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby urbanveteran » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:04 am

awww damn. i bought a ps4. i'll hold out till an announcement then i'll sell it and buy an xbox. whatever console shenmue 3 or shenmue hd remakes would ever release on I'm buying it. These companies need to wake up and smell the coffee.

it would be such a great feeling to finally continue where it left off. We've all been waiting so long. Can you all remember that moment in the cave when it ended. I didn't think it would end there.

Sega, sony, microsoft, apple, google, samsung. anyone! just bring it back! :rotflmao:
urbanveteran
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Yama » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:28 pm

Great news, competition is what pushes things forward. Outside of our gaming preferences and such, looking at this just from a Shenmue standpoint, there is no loyalty. Whoever helps finally bring this forward is who wins our hearts over, if you think otherwise you're not a fan. More fitting on the PS4? Sure. But does Microsoft have just as much if not more reason? Probably. They're going to need a boost in Japan and while I don't think something as such would completely give it, it'd help coupled with some other IP's. I mean, it's not going to the Wonderswan. While the One is trailing, it still has a big userbase which will only grow over time. Not to mention, this console war is a long and grueling race, not a sprint. The PS3 was said to have destroyed the PlayStation brand out of the gate, they recovered and everyone forgets. It's a bit different this time, obviously, but nonetheless it could succeed on the One. They've funded games like Dead Rising 3, they once had Shenmue (which does make it fitting, like it or not) and they need to win over gamers. At the end of the day I simply want to play the series to a conclusion, whoever helps make that happen has my support.

Yama has received 6 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, Aimless Gamer, Axm, Giorgio, ShenSun, Ziming
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Mitsuzuki » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:45 pm

Exactly. Going in this generation, I was hoping to go with only one console and stick with it. I planted my Playstation flag and I'm very happy so far.

At this point I'm not looking for another console, but if Shenmue 3 were to become an exclusive for the XOne or WiiU, I'd be first in line around here to buy one. Shenmue 3 would absolutely be a system seller for me, even if it's one of the only titles I'd end up buying.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby ShenSun » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:58 pm

Yama wrote: Great news, competition is what pushes things forward. Outside of our gaming preferences and such, looking at this just from a Shenmue standpoint, there is no loyalty. Whoever helps finally bring this forward is who wins our hearts over, if you think otherwise you're not a fan. More fitting on the PS4? Sure. But does Microsoft have just as much if not more reason? Probably. They're going to need a boost in Japan and while I don't think something as such would completely give it, it'd help coupled with some other IP's. I mean, it's not going to the Wonderswan. While the One is trailing, it still has a big userbase which will only grow over time. Not to mention, this console war is a long and grueling race, not a sprint. The PS3 was said to have destroyed the PlayStation brand out of the gate, they recovered and everyone forgets. It's a bit different this time, obviously, but nonetheless it could succeed on the One. They've funded games like Dead Rising 3, they once had Shenmue (which does make it fitting, like it or not) and they need to win over gamers. At the end of the day I simply want to play the series to a conclusion, whoever helps make that happen has my support.

This man speaks the truth. Very nicely put Yama.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Shenmue HD pack and Shenmue III
Blue Dragon 2
Lost Odyssey II
Tales of Vesperia
Phantom Dust HD/2 could be a good combo of games for MS to announce for the Japanese release window.

PD HD Is really the only one that has a good chance of happening right now.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Aimless Gamer
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates