david deville Interview with Yu suzuki

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: david deville Interview with Yu suzuki

Postby DEVILLE_David » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Cannot confirm yet, but if everything is okay, interview will be published tomorrow or in 2 days.

Shenmuemaster has it and i am currently working with Yama to see how we will handle it.

More to come !

DEVILLE_David has received a thanks from: Supa
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Supa » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:05 pm

ASAP! :)
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Esppiral » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Looking forward to it :heart:
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby Latin King » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:22 am

This really is taking forever lol. But I am looking forward to it.
Latin King
West Coast
Master of the Three Blades

Postby DEVILLE_David » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:33 am

Well i am not admin on ShenmueDojo, i cannot post it myself and handle everything. Sorry about the delay !

DEVILLE_David has received a thanks from: Latin King
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby japalp » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:23 am

The interview is already up on Shenmue Master. The google translation is not great, but you get the main idea. Thanks David for the interview!
japalp
Dojo Actuary
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Breath of the Wild

Postby DEVILLE_David » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:15 am

Yeah i wanted a global release at the same timing but seems like Shenmuemaster did not wait ... So it's already up there :

http://shenmueangel.free.fr/news2.php?id=351

I'm waiting for Yama to upload the english version.
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby JMan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:19 am

Just read the interview. The most important bit: the main reason why Shenmue 3 isn’t being made has nothing to do with Sega having the license at all. Sega will apparently be more than happy to give the license to Suzuki if he wanted to do it. The main problem is that first Suzuki needs to raise a budget for the game.

Just throwing this idea out there but what if we were to organise a fundraiser to be used as a donation to YS NET for Suzuki? Maybe we could find out the actual amount Suzuki needs, take a year out to fundraise as much as we can and then have someone like David deliver the donation to him. Is this possible?
JMan

Postby japalp » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:33 am

I think Yu has to get more creative. He will always be asked about Shenmue no matter what other games he does. If he can't raise the budget for a full sequel that is up to his standards, then maybe start in smaller pieces. I'm sure there are other (better) ideas out there, but he needs to figure out a way to get this done already. It seems the Sony's and Microsoft's don't want to fund a full sequel. There are many other ways he can go here, he needs to be more flexible. I hope he is trying to be creative in getting funding.
japalp
Dojo Actuary
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Breath of the Wild

Postby starscream178 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:55 am

Glad we got the interview. Seems like a little light is shed on the situation, as well as a few plot details.
starscream178

Postby BlueMue » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:02 am

Ah finally it shows up. Thanks for this! I'll wait for the English version for a full read, Google just doesn't do it right.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Lan Di-sama » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:09 am

Good stuff. Thanks David. Points I found most interesting...

- Ziming is not a boss! We thought we had that one in the bag. That's really interesting. Makes you wonder whether that comic depicting Niao Sun and Ziming is even canon, and just how involved with the Chi You Men Ziming really is. Is he planning to double-cross them, or has he really joined them...?

- Starting point of Shenmue III; I always wondered what exact moment the game would start. I guess Suzuki's response indicates that there isn't anything else in that cave, at least not for the time being. I always wondered if there would be a time gap (a day; a week; a month) in which Ryo gets accustomed to life in Bailu Village or if we'd get to witness Ryo entering the village for the first time.

- Shenmue III wouldn't be sufficient enough to end the game. We always thought this, but figured they'd truncate the story and cram it in. I think Suzuki mentioned this earlier this year, but it's still a new-ish development. This can be seen as good and bad, Suzuki now needs to raise a budget for two games.

The most important bit: the main reason why Shenmue 3 isn’t being made has nothing to do with Sega having the license at all. Sega will apparently be more than happy to give the license to Suzuki if he wanted to do it. The main problem is that first Suzuki needs to raise a budget for the game.

I really don't think this is new information. I always felt this way - and thought that, however noble it was, the Give Yu the License thing was misguided. To me, it was always pretty clear that Sega wasn't holding Shenmue hostage, they just didn't want to fund the game. Glad we can hopefully finally lay this to rest.

Lan Di-sama has received a thanks from: JMan
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shengoro86 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:20 am

Lan Di-sama wrote:
I really don't think this is new information. I always felt this way - and thought that, however noble it was, the Give Yu the License thing was misguided. To me, it was always pretty clear that Sega wasn't holding Shenmue hostage, they just didn't want to fund the game. Glad we can hopefully finally lay this to rest.

Yes this was confirmed by Suzuki I believe where he said that Sega would let him make it. Its just a matter of the budget.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:22 am

JMan wrote: Just read the interview. The most important bit: the main reason why Shenmue 3 isn’t being made has nothing to do with Sega having the license at all. Sega will apparently be more than happy to give the license to Suzuki if he wanted to do it. The main problem is that first Suzuki needs to raise a budget for the game.

Just throwing this idea out there but what if we were to organise a fundraiser to be used as a donation to YS NET for Suzuki? Maybe we could find out the actual amount Suzuki needs, take a year out to fundraise as much as we can and then have someone like David deliver the donation to him. Is this possible?

First: Way to go aizen59! Great job with this interview. I only wish you could have published all you saw and heard like more info on Tentei and Baihu.

That's comforting to know Sega will play along. Suzuki will have to crowdfund. I don't see any way around it because Sony and Microsoft just aren't going to foot the bill. So Suzuki needs to get going on some sort of crowdfunding like Kickstarter. Once we get news of the crowdfunding we can mobilize the fans and the online media.

The only concern is that he's wanting to make at least two games, but would like to make three. I could TOTALLY see crowdfunding be wildly successful for one game, but I think the other two would depend completely on the success of the Shenmue 3.

elfshadowreaper has received 2 thanks from: JMan, Truck_1_0_1_
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby JMan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:29 am

So would a fundraiser/donation be possible for us to pull off? I know it seems rather extreme, just curious to hear all of your thoughts.
JMan

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III