Collection of Shenmue mentions from Sony

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Collection of Shenmue mentions from Sony

Postby flip » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:36 pm

Couldn't really think of a better subject title but here's a little something i put together from various articles and social media mentions regarding the future of shenmue.

Hope you enjoy and please feel free to add on to the list if you come across anything .

1. Ryo H. psn I.D. in Japanese Playstation trailer (Ryo is a common name in japan so this might not be anything but it was still worth a mention)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxMf5lMWqto

2. Everybody's favorite which also created a bit of buzz. Mark Cerny (lead architect for ps4/vita) with Yu Suzuki "talking strategy for shenmue 3".

3.Yu Suzuki spotted with Sony execs at gamelab 2014

4. Yoshida (president of Sony worldwide studios) acknowledges dojo fans via twitter.

5. Adam Boyes (VP of Publisher & Developer Relations at PlayStation) says that shenmue is one of the most requested games that the fans are asking for and also says that they're compiling a list.

http://www.nowgamer.com/sony-wants-to-bring-shenmue-to-playstation/

Full quote here;

“We’ve got a massive list—we’re calling everyone trying to get that list as much as possible. A lot of issues come around clearances or intellectual property ownerships and stuff like that.”

Interestingly, for Shenmue and Yakuza fans, Boyes says it is those games that Sony are focusing on.

“We get a ton of requests for Yakuza, a ton of requests for Shenmue. We see the lists,” Boyes said.

“We have a person that compiles those lists and prioritises based on how many requests we’ve gotten. And I think to date there’s well over 10,000 mentions across like forum threads and stuff like that. So those are the ones we’re focused on.”

6. Scott Rohde (software development head for Sony) acknowledging shenmue fans/campaign.

7. After another E3 with no mention of Shenmue, some fans decided to take it up with Adam Boyes on twitter after the "creating a list" fiasco with Boyes firing back declaring that "Rome wasn't built in a day"

flip has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Yama
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Re: Collection of Shenmue mentions from Sony

Postby Axm » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:45 am

Very nice. It sure seems like Sony is on our side here.

Axm has received a thanks from: flip
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby flip » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:03 am

Axm wrote: Very nice. It sure seems like Sony is on our side here.

Thanks Axm, I'm pretty sure Sony has mentioned shenmue a few more times on twitter I just had a hard time finding them.

They really do seem like they're our best shot.
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Esppiral » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:38 pm

Honestly, I do think all this tweets are PR bullsh*t.

Sorry.
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby Axm » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:06 pm

Well its one thing to ignore a fan base and another to acknowledge it. And these people arent just working in PR when they do so. A Vice President, the Head of 3rd party relations and the Head of Software Product Development. Its much better then a nameless PR drone.

Thats gotta count for something. Some phone calls, some meetings...oh look what do you know..they're already doing that in front of us!
I think its ok to have a positive outlook on this even if it does lead to nowhere. Atleast we can direct our energy somewhere people will listen unlike with Sega.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby KiD » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:35 am

don't have a ps4, don't really have an interest to pick one up. BUT, if they announce Shenmue 3 for it, I will buy one in a heart beat. don't think i'm the only one
KiD
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:50 pm

^yeah that and yakuza being localised again in the west are the only reasons that i can think of that would get me to buy a ps4.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Return to Shenmue III