Lucky Hit Challenge

(Modding and other series related projects)

Lucky Hit Challenge

Postby shenhaZ » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi, I’ve made a simple lucky hit browser game. That is my project, I’ve been making it for the last three months with the help of several people. The name is «Lucky Hit Challenge» and your goal is to play lucky hit all the day long to earn money and spend them on Shenmue III Kickstarter, competing with each other who will donate more. You can play it here http://goo.gl/eG2aoj

Our goal is to earn $25,000,000 for Shenmue III development with the power of shenmue community. I’ve included some viral instruments for you, so you can share your donation amount on twitter and spam «Do you want to play a game of Lucky Hit?» to all of your friends everyday. I hope you'll like it.

I think we can do it before the new year… or not. It depends on you!

Concerning the future of the project: for now we have only one board and I need your feedback to improve ball physics and to know how to proceed after. Maybe we could make lucky hit game of our dreams for steam? Or we can go mobile…I don’t know yet. But it would be kinda cool to have a really good lucky hit game, not that crap on the market now.

Follow Nagai Industries on twitter for updates and feel free to write me about any bugs you will find.

Link http://nagaiindustries.itch.io/lucky-hit-challenge

UPDATE 1.1
Stand-alone version for PC
Download it here https://goo.gl/LfzZDm

https://twitter.com/NagaiIndustries/sta ... 6345718784

will appreciate any feedback
Last edited by shenhaZ on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

shenhaZ has received 4 thanks from: BlueMue, Giorgio, Jibby, NeoShredder
shenhaZ
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Lucky Hit

Re: Lucky Hit Challenge

Postby BlueMue » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:22 pm

Wow, this is pretty well made for a Lucky Hit browser game! Graphics are really smooth and I like the authentic music and sounds. Even Dreamcast noises are there. The "goal" of the game is also a great idea to have the community compete.

It would probably be a good idea to just have Ine-san fund most of the desired sum. She's must've given me hundreds of HK$ in the couple of minuted I've played the game. :lol:

I came across one little flaw. When the winning pocket switches places I had to wait until the camera has panned back up all the way after showing the layout. If I skipped this and it goes straight to the ball dropping again it will be stuck up there and won't follow the ball on it's way down.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenmueTree » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:31 pm

I can't play right now but can you post some screenshots and maybe provide a version that is playable offline?
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shenhaZ » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:51 am

BlueMue wrote: Wow, this is pretty well made for a Lucky Hit browser game! Graphics are really smooth and I like the authentic music and sounds. Even Dreamcast noises are there. The "goal" of the game is also a great idea to have the community compete.

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it :)

It would probably be a good idea to just have Ine-san fund most of the desired sum. She's must've given me hundreds of HK$ in the couple of minuted I've played the game. :lol:

She don't have credit card. Too old for kickstarter.

I came across one little flaw. When the winning pocket switches places I had to wait until the camera has panned back up all the way after showing the layout. If I skipped this and it goes straight to the ball dropping again it will be stuck up there and won't follow the ball on it's way down.

fixed

ShenmueTree wrote: I can't play right now but can you post some screenshots and maybe provide a version that is playable offline?

The whole point is to submit your score on server and work together to achieve our common goal. Also right now I'm interesting to see a statistics from the site, so maybe I will upload standalone version later.

You can see screenshots on itch.io
shenhaZ
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Giorgio » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:17 pm

shenhaZ wrote:Concerning the future of the project: for now we have only one board and I need your feedback to improve ball physics and to know how to proceed after. Maybe we could make lucky hit game of our dreams for steam? Or we can go mobile…I don’t know yet. But it would be kinda cool to have a really good lucky hit game, not that crap on the market now.

The best bet is to make a mobile phone version. Because many Shenmue fans try to find a Lucky Hit app, but the available one(s) are awful and they lack the Shenmue-atmosphere and references.

One thing (for now): the difficulty; it is freaking hard!!! You need to tweak that.

Overall it is pretty nice and kudos for making it!
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby shenhaZ » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:48 am

Giorgio wrote: The best bet is to make a mobile phone version. Because many Shenmue fans try to find a Lucky Hit app, but the available one(s) are awful and they lack the Shenmue-atmosphere and references.

One thing (for now): the difficulty; it is freaking hard!!! You need to tweak that.

Overall it is pretty nice and kudos for making it!

The new nails design make things more interesting, I've already beat my record

check this out!
shenhaZ
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shenhaZ » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:39 pm

new version

+improved physics
+changes in nails position
+3 win holes instead of 1
+new sudden death mechanics, now you need to hit 1 hole to increase odds
shenhaZ
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby BlueMue » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:23 pm

The challenge mode actually makes the game a lot more interesting. I like that and also the fact that the music makes it more dramatic. A releaving jingle or little voice clip from Ryo when you win would work really well there.

With the extra pockets and high odds it's way to easy now though. I just spent 5 dollars less then the maximum bid and made about 14 million HK$ within 6 rounds or so. I stopped playing there because I didn't want to spoil the thing even more then I already did.

You should probably design it so that the odds are only like 2x when you don't bid all your money. There should be bigger bidding steps as the amount of money increases. Going up and down in only 5 dollar steps is tedious even when you only have like 500 HK$.

One thing I noticed in the old version already but forgott to mention. The odds display is a bit missleading, as the thing works different in Shenmue II. Like when you bet 15 HK$ with a 3x odd you'll have 45 HK$ when you win. In your game it's 60 HK$ instead. The difference is that the amount you bet is subtracted from your money first. So this should either be adopted like this or the odds should be shown as one number higher as they currently are.

Please don't take anything that I wrote negative. I like your game! I think it's a really good fan project and it makes me sad that it hasn't gotten any real attention here yet. I just want to give you feedback of what would be worthwile to improve in order to make it better.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shenhaZ » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:38 pm

Thanks for feedback, super fast hotfix has been send!

You should probably design it so that the odds are only like 2x when you don't bid all your money.

Fixed that, now min bid and decrease bid set odds at 2x

There should be bigger bidding steps as the amount of money increases. Going up and down in only 5 dollar steps is tedious even when you only have like 500 HK$.

in todolist

One thing I noticed in the old version already but forgott to mention. The odds display is a bit missleading, as the thing works different in Shenmue II. Like when you bet 15 HK$ with a 3x odd you'll have 45 HK$ when you win. In your game it's 60 HK$ instead. The difference is that the amount you bet is subtracted from your money first. So this should either be adopted like this or the odds should be shown as one number higher as they currently are.

good idea, I will make it

Please don't take anything that I wrote negative. I like your game! I think it's a really good fan project and it makes me sad that it hasn't gotten any real attention here yet. I just want to give you feedback of what would be worthwile to improve in order to make it better.

Your feedback is very helpful, maybe you have a skype account? I can send you a new version before release
shenhaZ
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shenhaZ » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:45 am

new update

— fixed physycs
— new sounds
— new buttons
— shenmue-like bet system
— sudden death info

http://nagaiindustries.itch.io/lucky-hit-challenge
shenhaZ
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby BlueMue » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:26 am

Great work! Now it's a lot more balanced and you really need to dare betting all your money. I also like how the betting steps are now adjusted to the amount of money used. And the sound effects work great too!
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby lavrentis » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:56 pm

Sent my Mac into overdrive but worth it
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby shenhaZ » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:05 pm

Thanks, I really appreciate it
I've received many positive feedback recently, if just someone will post a link on the game in the main page of shenmue dojo, my life will be complete :D
shenhaZ
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shenhaZ » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:59 pm

Hey guys please tell what do you think
I was thought about to upgrade the game to help with the promotion of shenmue 3 kickstarter. I was thinking to add in game chat where we all can play lucky hit and talk about shenmue 3. Also maybe we can make a competitions and promote it with shenmue dojo or shenmue 500k. We also can add mods and modernize art to better support Shenmue 3 Kickstarter existence.
If anyone have any thoughts about it please tell me. I wanted already to start make it but then i decided to consult you first because the first game was isn't quite popular as I thought :)
shenhaZ
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Locke_cole » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:05 pm

Just discovered this....and now I have something else to distract me at work, so thanks! :)
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to Community Projects