SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INSIDE)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER!

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:08 am

hey guys, some of you veterans may remember me as ToL many years back, i was so ecstatic when i heard the Shenmue theme play then the footage of Yu at E3. I was literally in tears. Already pledged $300, with more to follow. SO HAPPY!!!
Last edited by Sonoshee on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby hiro94 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:09 am

When I saw the announcement on the Sony e3 stream my brother and I literally jumped up and starting screaming obscenities at the tv in pure joy :lol:
hiro94
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: Songokumi
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Axm » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:10 am

Just did $500.
I cant believe this djfkfkfjjfhdhdhdhd
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Mitsuzuki » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:12 am

Shamelessly grabbed from GAF.

Well, it's been a gaming night to remember. Sony was already dropping bombs starting with TLG, but a PS4/PC Shenmue 3 Kickstarter that will likely be funded by tomorrow is almost beyond comprehension. I'm thrilled to be a $500 backer.

I think I'll wake up tomorrow and run to the internet just to make sure all of this wasn't some kind of dream. And now, finally, the dream will become reality. Incredible. What a time to be a gamer.

'night Dojo.

P.S.- great work on the OP, Peter.

Mitsuzuki has received a thanks from: Axm
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:13 am

Can someone confirm what i think i read before about Kickstarter equal the amount if its hit or something???
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:15 am

Holy shit I was too stoned to realize what was actually going on here until I clicked the kick starter link and watched that video. Well then, this is an abrupt influx of information over load regarding this subject that I was not expecting. Best not expecting EVER!!!

I also made a nice post on facebook regarding this as well, basically just commemorating the length of time, all the play throughs, this very community even though its rather small but still survived, all the discussion, speculation and friendship and laughs, its like it all came back to me.

Did anyone else get that Dreamcast feel from the game footage? I mean lets not kid ourselves, those character models could look alot better, the water and stream flowing and the nature and geographical china locales look better than ever and was just a pure joy to look at. Maybe its just me but Ryo and Shen Hua look a little off or something, I cant quite put my finger on it.

Also, OMFG I have a PS4!!!! Im seeetttttt, but what about this PC version? Idk, having a PC physical to me just isnt quite the same as having physical console game.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:16 am

OP has been updated with the Gametrailers live reaction. The best ever video i have seen on the internet, i watched it live and will forver cry at that that video
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby lavrentis » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:16 am

Hope we get to see how Tom would look modelled in 2015.

lavrentis has received a thanks from: Amir
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Wanderin' » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:17 am

My apologies because I already posted this elsewhere in the forum, but I really do want to share my quick couple of thoughts and hope that they serve as inspiration for our continued efforts for Shenmue 3:

Thank you all! It's been a damn hard road we've all walked on, but Shenmue 3 is surely reality now, especially with more or less 1 million dollars in just under an hour or so since the kickstarter started. But, although it may seem like we can all finally sigh in relief now, the work has only just begun and our hardest work is only yet to come! But! This continued hard work will pay off - just some quick thoughts to whet your imaginations:

1) Like many suggest, 2 million dollars is hardly enough to make a top calibre game these days. So where is the rest of Shenmue 3's real budget coming from? Likely a combination of what Suzuki himself has been able to accrue from several years of hard effort in rallying for this project and hopefully, most likely, Sony.

But this Kickstarter is incredibly important!!! This Kickstarter, and however much real money we fans literally finally end up contributing to it *IS* the proof that there is an audience waiting and wanting desperately for the game, which all in good faith should prove to whomever else is thinking about working with and supporting Suzuki monetarily that their money and resources is going towards a legitimately genuine cause.

Once and for all, let's prove to Sega that there is a real fanbase for Shenmue willing to truly support the franchise with our own hard earned money. It won't mean much, but it sure as hell will bolster Suzuki's pride knowing that his fans are there to support him truthfully and earnestly even when his own damn parent company in Sega didn't for all these years.

2) Shenmue 1 and 2 HD isn't so out of the question just yet. Sony do seem like they want Suzuki and Shenmue 3 to succeed. If the Kickstarter is a great success and Yu and Co. (truly awesome how Yu was able to get most of the original staff back together like a band to do this, once and for all...) truly do start working heavily on completing the game, there's no reason why Sony wouldn't step up to the plate and do whatever they can to make Shenmue 1 and 2 HD releases as a primer leading up to Shenmue 3 a reality.

Like Suzuki said it - the fate of Shenmue is in our hands now...as it's always been. While other fanbases get spoonfed their wildest wishes (ie. SquareEnix probably has no financial worry about remaking FF7...), we will always have to work hard to get ours. So - not until the very day when Shenmue 3 is finally released will our real work let up.

Let's do this, my dear friends. Thanks.

Alright. We've already proved right here right now that absolutely nothing is impossible. So let's make the road to completing the Shenmue saga one of the greatest times of our lives!
Wanderin'
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby shenmue-tree » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:17 am

I haven't logged onto this page in quite some time, and I needed to make a new account to do so, but I wanted to share in this joy with all of the greatest Shenmue fans around. I am so so so so beyond happy that this happened tonight. Congratulations everyone, the dream is one step closer to being a reality!
shenmue-tree
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby ys » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:19 am

Hi Sonoshee. I remember.
By the way, no surprise return yet from guys like LanDC or Bluecast/Ryudo? Especially LanDC was very much into the series but might have moved on totally? Maybe some more from "back in the day" will show up within the next few days.

Yeah AG, I hope Yu eventually has a budget that allows him to do justice to the legacy of the series. Likely Sony is contributing a lot depending on the reception on Kickstarter. I just hope that he doesn't have to cut too many corners storywise, graphically and soundwise so he can be his perfectionist self (within reason). Bad voice acting for example could hurt the game considering the expected standard nowadays.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby OL » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:20 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Also, OMFG I have a PS4!!!! Im seeetttttt, but what about this PC version? Idk, having a PC physical to me just isnt quite the same as having physical console game.

I absolutely agree with you there. Console physical editions feel so much more... valuable, in a personal way, because PC system become outdated and running old games becomes a headache... but all you have to do with a console copy of a game is have the right console, and it'll always work.
Really hope that this stretches into even more millions, like Igarashi's Kickstarter did, so maybe we'll get physical PS4 copies too.
All the same, I think I'd prefer the digital PS4 version to the physical PC one. Then I'll just treasure that console. :lol:
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Chaos » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:22 am

I

WANT

TO

LIVE
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Postby dbzruler88 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:24 am

I work 3rd shift so I was sleeping when all of this was announced. Holy fucking fuck that is the best thing to wake up to. I don't care if it won't be out until December of 2017, just the fact that it is happening is amazing!
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: jeremylovesanna
XBL: jeremylovesanna
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:25 am

Looks like I have no choice but to drop $300 for the signed kickstarter collectors edition. I know I have talked alot of shit about kickstarter and my opinions of it, and boy am I about to really shove my foot in my mouth about it because in this situation I dont have any choice but to support this, and no one is going to here a peep from me of complaint or negativity regarding kick starter... even if it is only for this one time. :P
Last edited by AnimeGamer183 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III