Final Fantasy VII Remake

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Postby OL » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Just the same as OoT, MGS, and Mario 64 are.
Hooray for downplaying achievement!
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Yama » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:54 pm

Incredible E3, my childhood was more or less rekindled twice and just minutes apart.

OL wrote: ^^So... exactly like I was saying, it seems. It's a remake, but in their minds still a technically "new" game. The port of the original is still going to be readily available, so they don't see the point in just remaking it word-for-word, so to speak.
And I'm totally fine with that.

Fully agree. I wonder how they'll handle Aerith post mortem, I doubt the core story will change, but perhaps a few extra scenes. For example how they spoke in the life stream in FFVIIAC, or the ghost glitch in the church could be fleshed out some. I remember reading her death wasn't originally meant to be, but due to a death IRL, they wanted to show the permanency of it. It definitely stuck with me, especially when young, but always felt a little abrupt in the game and not touched upon enough (until AC).

Yama has received a thanks from: OL
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Locke_cole » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:01 pm

Keep Barrett constantly cussing plz

Locke_cole has received a thanks from: OL
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:46 pm

^^I'd bust a freakin' gut if they kept all his cussing, but bleeped it, sort of like an equivalent to how they used all the #!@&*% symbols in text for the original game. :lol:
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:04 am

Funny how there are expressions like "bust a gut" and "bust a nut" which mean very different things.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:28 am

GoldenLotus wrote: VII is one of the most overrated games ever.

wow you're so cool. Don't go and out of your way to explain why or anything it's clear that you radiant enough wisdom to not have to do such peasant things and clearly above the common pleb who likes the game.

Anyway getting back to the topic at hand, I'm not sure how to feel about FF7 remake and Shenmue 3 being announced at the same conference. Although it made sony's conference the best conference I can remember however I'm too hyped for shenmue 3 to fully be able to appreciate that this is happening. Now I understand how spoiled kids can't really enjoy anything.

Apparently nomura said they are going to make some changes to make it more appealing modernly. Not sure what he has in mind but I hope he keeps everything that made the original so great. Although apparently traditional turnbase won't be in it.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Thief » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:34 am

I feel the same way actually. I'm way too excited about Shenmue 3 right now to truly appreciate the news of the FF7 Remake. However, on the other end of the spectrum, all my friends in my Super Metroid community are freaking out about Federation Force, and while I too think it looks dumb, I don't really care at all right now because... well Shenmue 3.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:39 am

^The Shenmue 3 news actually didn't hit me that hard as I wasn't really concentrating a whole lot after the FFVII announcement. Like some have said before it was one of those things where it passed me by and then later I thought. "Fuck, it's finally happening."

south carmain wrote:
GoldenLotus wrote: VII is one of the most overrated games ever.

wow you're so cool. Don't go and out of your way to explain why or anything it's clear that you radiant enough wisdom to not have to do such peasant things and clearly above the common pleb who likes the game.

We're going to get so many people in the next two years who have no idea that we have a way of posting here that isn't like a youtube comment section.

Riku Rose has received 5 thanks from: Axm, Kenny, OL, south carmain, Yama
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:47 pm

This south carmain guy, I am starting to more and more appreciate his sarcasm. :lol:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:04 am

They better keep the Don Cornero part...
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:34 am

Don Corneo.
And yeah, it's been mentioned that it'll show up.

So I popped FFVII in last night, and it was interesting watching the opening cutscene; honestly, looking at the basic scale of Midgar as the camera zooms out from street level to a bird's-eye-view, the city doesn't seem so incredibly huge. I mean it's big, but it's like Arkham City-size; if they wanted to, it'd be so easy for Square to do a fully-explorable open city for the remake.
Although, based on the teaser (and Advent Children, for that matter) they're probably increasing the intended size of it, so that won't happen.
Still, it's interesting watching that old opening now anyway. Amazing detail for such an old game.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:46 pm

It was all the little extras and easter eggs that kept me so busy in FF7, away from the story. SO much to do. Random little things like a weird old guy who sleeps in a cave who tells you how many fights you've been in when you wake him up. The extra characters Vincent and Yuffie (I woulda thought that Vincent in this remake was a dead cert, since he seems like quite a favourite character among FF fans). Chocobo breeding. Snowboarding minigame that captured a fun and bright little bit of snow based atmosphere. Trying to figure out those weird little Mole-looking motherfuckers (Tonberry I think they're called) who would stand up to you hitting them hard, then just outright kill one character.

I also hope they keep the materia system, Fullcure + All FTW!
This FF7 talk has had me on Youtube listening to the live orchestral score of some of this game. Marvellous!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby jay_mack » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:46 pm

I saw the Shenmue reveal, and the entire time my face was like... Image

Just because I couldn't believe it.

And then immediately after I saw the trailer for FF7, and just all the emotions from both games came flooding in.

jay_mack
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Destiny

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:06 pm

Final Fantasy director Tetsuya Nomura has shared a few new details on the recently announced Final Fantasy VII Remake, confirming that while the studio isn't adding any new characters, the visual style will be more realistic.

"There won’t be new characters," he told Famitsu (via Gematsu). "As for the visual taste, we’re doing them to match today’s visuals and appear closer to reality."

As far as gameplay is concerned, Nomura said the remake will feature "a more realistic system."

Interestingly enough, Nomura plans to include parts of the teaser trailer, which made its debut during Sony's E3 media briefing, within the game itself. "We’re using part of that video in the game," he said. "We’re going to raise the quality even more."

The series director also discussed the game's timed exclusivity for PlayStation 4, adding, "You’ll be able to play it first on PlayStation 4, that’s for certain. We’re not thinking beyond that yet, so after that is undecided. Since we’re bringing out PlayStation 4 title after PlayStation 4 title, it’d be great if we can give the hardware and industry a boost."
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Locke_cole » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:26 pm

I hope they don't nerf Emerald and Ruby Weapon
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming