This is why Shenmue 3 getting announced almost made me cry..

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

This is why Shenmue 3 getting announced almost made me cry..

Postby joka » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:37 pm

Managed to retrieve my old shenmuedojo profile from 2003 (pretty I was on it before then too).

Just been going through my old posts and found this from 2005 about why Shenmue was special to me... Nothing's changed!

I'd pretty much given up on shenmue 3 ever happening so the announcement warped me back to my 14/15 year old self and almost made me cry with joy!

''Postby joka » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:00 pm

i don't care how great the graphics get or if there is a storyline that blows shenmue out of the water. no game- or for that matter any type of media will ever come close to shenmue. the reason is that shenmue was beyond an enjoyment level for me.
At the time it was released my life basically sucked and i know it sounds weird but the shenmue world was like me own haven to escape to. it helped me through that period so it's a very personal game for me.
i've got to say the dojo is part of that aswell :) i was reading the forums practically from shenmue was released in the uk and it was great to discuss shenmue (and other things) with top people like yorselves.
anyone else feel that deeply about shenmue?''

joka has received a thanks from: Benwah
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Re: This is why Shenmue 3 getting announced almost made me c

Postby Master Kyodai » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:39 pm

honestly - I would have been more excited in like 2003 or so? I guess getting older makes you slower. But yeah pledged and still cool to see wonders happen. #FriggingWondersStillHappen

Master Kyodai has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: This is why Shenmue 3 getting announced almost made me c

Postby Benwah » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:53 pm

I feel you joka. I was very much the same way with Shenmue and Shenmue II, I knew Shenmue 1's story so well that I was able to buy the Japanese version and play it without the need for a guide or subtitles.

Shenmue has always been my number one game series and for the last 10 years I have had a picture of on of the Shenmue wallpapers mounted and framed on my wall. For Shenmue 3 to be announced is an awesome experience for me as well.
Benwah
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: ThaiBenwah
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni 2

Return to Shenmue III