Postby FourWuDu1026 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:42 am

south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote: Best case scenario would be Shenmue 4 or 5 like planned. He'll do his best to no compromise.

He said he originally planned 4-5 games to realise the full 11 chapters. With today's storage capabilities he could fit them all in to shenmue 3 given the resources so it doesn't really answer the question of what he plans to do now.

Not a matter of storage. He needs more funds to create all 11 chapters. To make all of the remaining chapters fit into Shenmue 3 would probably cost way more than he will have.

I trust you're an expert on video game budgets and have had extensive talks with Yu Suzuki on what resources he needs then to be able to say that so confidently.

Obviously I'm not, but I'm sure people will agree with me that it's budget.

So if other people who also have no idea what they're talking about agree with you that makes you right? For all you know Yu Suzuki has plans to cut enough corners to fit the rest of the 11 chapters in to Shenmue 3 and that's what he means by he would like to realise all 11 chapters. He did say before after all that it would be possible to fit it all in to a 3rd game if he absolutely needed to.

Well in that case yes it's possible to cram all of it in. But that would be compromising, my reply was assuming he didn't want to compromise and have the entire world as expansive as before.

He's already compromising by making the game on unreal and making it on a budget assuming that the statements about kickstarter being the bulk of the funding are true. I wouldn't go in to this expecting it as polished as the first 2 games that's for sure.

Him having a limited budget is why I don't want him to cram all the remaining chapters on Shenmue 3.
I would rather have 2 or 3 greatly detailed and fleshed out chapters than have all of the remaining 5 or so with limited content.
FourWuDu1026
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Persona 4,Mortal Kombat x

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby shredingskin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:42 am

I've asked about the new systems and weird stretch goals

http://www.reddit.com/user/shredingskin/
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:44 am

FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote: Best case scenario would be Shenmue 4 or 5 like planned. He'll do his best to no compromise.

He said he originally planned 4-5 games to realise the full 11 chapters. With today's storage capabilities he could fit them all in to shenmue 3 given the resources so it doesn't really answer the question of what he plans to do now.

Not a matter of storage. He needs more funds to create all 11 chapters. To make all of the remaining chapters fit into Shenmue 3 would probably cost way more than he will have.

I trust you're an expert on video game budgets and have had extensive talks with Yu Suzuki on what resources he needs then to be able to say that so confidently.

So if other people who also have no idea what they're talking about agree with you that makes you right? For all you know Yu Suzuki has plans to cut enough corners to fit the rest of the 11 chapters in to Shenmue 3 and that's what he means by he would like to realise all 11 chapters. He did say before after all that it would be possible to fit it all in to a 3rd game if he absolutely needed to.

Well in that case yes it's possible to cram all of it in. But that would be compromising, my reply was assuming he didn't want to compromise and have the entire world as expansive as before.

He's already compromising by making the game on unreal and making it on a budget assuming that the statements about kickstarter being the bulk of the funding are true. I wouldn't go in to this expecting it as polished as the first 2 games that's for sure.

Him having a limited budget is why I don't want him to cram all the remaining chapters on Shenmue 3.
I would rather have 2 or 3 greatly detailed and fleshed out chapters than have all of the remaining 5 or so with limited content.

Well considering the 14 year wait between shenmue 2 and 3 he might feel like he doesn't want to bet ending the story on shenmue 3's success and I would fully understand him if he did.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby shredingskin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:45 am

Shenmue is credited with introducing/popularising the QTE. Given the significant advances in gaming systems and technology over the last decade, are you confident that you can show the gaming world something we have not seen before?
Thank you from all at Pioneer One.
enlaceguardarreportarregalar goldRESPONDER
[–]Yu_Suzuki[S] 22 puntos hace 18 minutos
Thank you very much.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Himuro
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Arm Wrestler » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:46 am

Upvote the post about the battle system! (posted here again for visibility)

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3 ... ng/csco1np
Last edited by Arm Wrestler on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arm Wrestler
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby FourWuDu1026 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:46 am

south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:

Well considering the 14 year wait between shenmue 2 and 3 he might feel like he doesn't want to bet ending the story on shenmue 3's success and I would fully understand him if he did.

I would too. Of course I'd rather see Shenmue continue beyond 3, but I think we can just agree we all want Shenmue 3 to be a success either way.
FourWuDu1026
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby raunchy » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:51 am

Well... this Q&A session (EDIT) is turning out to be as useful as a cool breeze in the winter...
Last edited by raunchy on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
raunchy

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Waiting for Fall games

Postby flip » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:52 am

raunchy wrote: Well... this Kickstarter is turning out to be as useful as a cool breeze in the winter...

He did just say he wants to bring practicing FREE battle moves back so that's good news.
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:52 am

raunchy wrote: Well... this Kickstarter is turning out to be as useful as a cool breeze in the winter...

Wut, why?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Anthony817 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:53 am

BigTuna wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
flip wrote:
BigTuna wrote: I missed the AMA. Ended up gong to a con in Sac at the last minute. Kinda bummed out. Did anyone ask about the possibility of a bicycle being implemented into Shen3? It's the one thing I wish they kept in the first game.

It's still going on

Thank you! I asked him. It's doubtful, but I'm hoping for the possibility.

Lol I just asked him for you before this post go back a page on here to see the link. Link me yours and I will upvote it as well so we got the question out there twice for double the chance.

Dude! Rad! Haha
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3 ... ng/csco1ek

EDIT: You asked it in a much nicer way than I did. Very specific and detailed. Nice job. Thank you! I upvoted, of course.

Aw thanks.

Yours has more votes now than mine lets hope it gets answered! :mrgreen:

Anthony817 has received a thanks from: BigTuna
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Postby raunchy » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:53 am

I just doubt many important questions will be answered today.

EDIT: Meant the Q&A, sorry, it's late.
raunchy

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Waiting for Fall games

Postby FourWuDu1026 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:54 am

I wouldn't go that far, but it has slowed down to a crawl. Didn't even manage 90,000 on the 4th day
FourWuDu1026
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shredingskin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:55 am

Will practicing moves make a return in Shenmue 3 along with the FREE battle system? A lot of fans feel not being able to practice moves was big piece missing in Shenmue 2, and I also personally loved being able to practice and make the moves stronger. It really makes you feel as if you are learning marital arts and then performing them in a skill-based actual battle feels very satisfying.
[–]Yu_Suzuki[S] 21 puntos hace 6 minutos
I want to do it yes!

Good one, this means that free battle will exist right ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:56 am

shredingskin wrote: Will practicing moves make a return in Shenmue 3 along with the FREE battle system? A lot of fans feel not being able to practice moves was big piece missing in Shenmue 2, and I also personally loved being able to practice and make the moves stronger. It really makes you feel as if you are learning marital arts and then performing them in a skill-based actual battle feels very satisfying.
[–]Yu_Suzuki[S] 21 puntos hace 6 minutos
I want to do it yes!

Good one, this means that free battle will exist right ?

It's not a confirmation. May be a stretch goal. Who knows. But it's good he wants to do it. :)
Himuro
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III