Keep donations running after the kickstarter

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Keep donations running after the kickstarter

Postby DEVILLE_David » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:15 am

Seems like we will be able to help Yu Suzuki soon enough through Paypal.

Together, let's create an awesome Shenmue III !
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:25 am

aizen59 wrote: Seems like we will be able to help Yu Suzuki soon enough through Paypal.

Together, let's create an awesome Shenmue III !

We will. We're gonna make this a full-fledged Shenmue 3.

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: DEVILLE_David
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby DezorianGuy » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:07 am

Does anyone know if there will actually be a paypal option, now that the kickstarter is over?
I did this tribute/promotion for that reason: https://youtu.be/sS7aZ64dCVQ
Hope it supports the cause and raises some awareness. But I am not good at marketing videos, so...
DezorianGuy
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Switch » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:06 pm

DezorianGuy wrote: Does anyone know if there will actually be a paypal option, now that the kickstarter is over?

Yes, Yu Suzuki confirmed it at the end of the Kickstarter countdown twitch stream.
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby TheThirdComing » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:13 pm

I'm confused by all this, so what is this, another campaign? If that is the case was the pressure to raise $6.3m within the KickStarter all in vain. Seems sorta pointless to have that event and time limit if people,can just contribute toward the funds willy-billy after the deadline. I though the closure of the Kickstarter was the closure to all funding. If anyone can now get all the pledge rewards of KS ID feel sort of cheated as I went out as far as I could belong this was the end of all contributions.
TheThirdComing
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby code l name » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:40 pm

TheThirdComing wrote: I'm confused by all this, so what is this, another campaign? If that is the case was the pressure to raise $6.3m within the KickStarter all in vain. Seems sorta pointless to have that event and time limit if people,can just contribute toward the funds willy-billy after the deadline. I though the closure of the Kickstarter was the closure to all funding. If anyone can now get all the pledge rewards of KS ID feel sort of cheated as I went out as far as I could belong this was the end of all contributions.

Well KS campaigns can typically only run for 30 days, so Suzuki and company are forced to raise funds to that timeline. However post-funding options including Paypal are very typical for many KS campaigns as posters have indicated. Will Paypal funders get same rewards, no one knows. Is Paypal option even available yet? When will it be available?

As usual Suzuki and co have completely dropped the ball despite having weeks to get this all running and available. Instead the fans are left scratching their heads, waiting for details.
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue III