Alternative Shenmue Kickstarter video now featured on KS!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Alternative Shenmue Kickstarter video now featured on KS!

Postby Jibby » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:10 am

Original Post
If a mod or news poster could feature this video on the homepage, it would really help!

The current Kickstarter video for Shenmue III is quite bad. It doesn't outline the achievements of Shenmue or have any real Shenmue feel to it. It only appeals to a a very small audience and does very little to attract new people to the franchise. That is why me and some other members of the Dojo have collaborated and put our ideas together to create what we believe the Kickstarter video should have been.

Here is the most popular version with no dub (and a slightly different logo)
phpBB [video]

Some really awesome people on YouTube have made subtitles in Dutch, Italian, Polish, Portuguese and Spanish too! You can find them if desired by enabling the closed captions.

There is also a dubbed version.
phpBB [video]

(Thanks to Raunchy for the voiceover!)
Please share this around. Tweet it out to people, embed it in forums, reupload it to your own Youtube if you like - you don't need to credit me. This video clears up misconceptions about the Kickstarter (eg where the funding comes from), advertises the stretch goals and markets Shenmue to new audiences. It could be VERY beneficial to the campaign.

Some people in the production thread even suggested trying to get it seen by Yu Suzuki in the hope he will replace the current Kickstarter video with this one. It's a very long shot, but it's worth a try. Shenmue III recently got an official Twitter if people would like to tweet it to them. https://twitter.com/Shenmue_3

We can make a difference if we advertise this campaign properly. This, combined with $30 on the 3rd could just be our ticket to 10mil. Please help in spreading the word by showing this to people who are misinformed, unconvinced, or might be interested in getting into Shenmue. Let's do this!

"The fate of Shenmue is in your hands now"

Thank you!

My alternative Kickstarter has now been featured on the Kickstarter project under the "What's Shenmue" heading! Yu Suzuki saw my video and wanted to use it and as a result I have been working with Awesome Japan to create a version that SEGA deem acceptable which has now been completed.
Take a look here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Jibby on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:37 am, edited 7 times in total.

Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Please share this alternative Shenmue III Kickstarter vi

Postby JaySw34 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:28 am

It was a nice idea. I like the video and will share it. Must admit though, the guy doing the voice over sounds kinda funny. Not bashing the video at all, just my opinion lol. Anyway nicely done :)

JaySw34 has received a thanks from: PacemaŜinobo
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby hazuki90 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:35 am

Nice video but terrible voice
hazuki90
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby PacemaŜinobo » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:35 am

JaySw34 wrote: It was a nice idea. I like the video and will share it. Must admit though, the guy doing the voice over sounds kinda funny. Not bashing the video at all, just my opinion lol. Anyway nicely done :)

I agree, I don't want to sound rude but it feels like he's trying too hard to imitate the deep kind of voice you usually hear in movie trailers. Maybe it would have been better to stick to his real voice.

PacemaŜinobo has received a thanks from: JaySw34
PacemaŜinobo

Postby Jibby » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:38 am

PacemaŜinobo wrote:
JaySw34 wrote: It was a nice idea. I like the video and will share it. Must admit though, the guy doing the voice over sounds kinda funny. Not bashing the video at all, just my opinion lol. Anyway nicely done :)

I agree, I don't want to sound rude but it feels like he's trying too hard to imitate the deep kind of voice you usually hear in movie trailers. Maybe it would have been better to stick to his real voice.

I'm sorry you didn't like the dub. I've updated the post with a version that doesn't contain one. Feel free to share that one around if you prefer.

Jibby has received 2 thanks from: JaySw34, PacemaŜinobo
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:39 am

Thank you both for helping make this video!
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Giorgio » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:41 am

This is great. I like the "no dub" version more, minus the shaking Shenmue 3 logo.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby raunchy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:46 am

it's ok guys, just use the non-dub. its no biggie.
raunchy

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Waiting for Fall games

Postby Jibby » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:48 am

raunchy wrote: it's ok guys, just use the non-dub. its no biggie.

Please don't let it get to you. I genuinely thought it worked really well :)
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby joka » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:03 am

I like the dub personally. Thanks to Jibby and Raunchy from me :)

We definitely need to get Yu and his team to see this... Maybe coordinate tweeting it to the official account, Yu's account and some others?

I think you should've added Shenmuedojo at the very end btw lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

joka has received a thanks from: Jibby
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Jibby » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:54 am

o_o wow, I'm amazed. The video already has 47 likes and 20 comments! Keep the sharing up!
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Mr357 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:43 am

I told Adam Koralik about this yesterday, so hopefully he can draw some attention to it. Once again, great work Jibby!
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jackie Fhan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:46 am

not really liking the voice to be direct and honest, has a very low and almost comical (trying to be serious but doesn't feel like it) voice that will draw people away i feel.

Like teh 2nd video, but I wish there was a more up beat track , longer old game footage and then a transition. Otherwise, I like it.

Outrun has a lot of good tracks, not sure how it would end up fitting though.
Last edited by Jackie Fhan on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby alexironaek » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:55 am

i like the dud too. :D and the video is GREAT. we should contact the kickstarter campaign group and ask them to put it the kickstarter page...don't know if they will agree though.
alexironaek
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Jackie Fhan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:03 pm

alexironaek wrote: i like the dud too. :D and the video is GREAT. we should contact the kickstarter campaign group and ask them to put it the kickstarter page...don't know if they will agree though.

the biggest problem with the video and having it on kickstarter is that

You just can't say, the majority of funding is from KS and all these things though ..

the video would need some edits before official use I believe

I know we feel this is true, and there are some things that we may not know. We don't know the ethics or truth behind business and there is a reason that they can't say such things. If they were to put this video up, they have to leave ou these very strong ideas and words, they just don't fly well in the corporate world. It's ok to say a better vision will be realized with more funding, and can have this or that at x amount. But, can't say the other so directly from YS's mouth, honestly.

In truth, we just don't know if 10 million is half , 10 percent or 80 percent of the funding. They can't speak it with truth either, they could be sued if it could ever be proven false. thats why you have gotten a lot of vague answers perhaps. I am obviously more than fine with the KS getting 10 to 20 million. I just want the best funding possible of course :D
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Next

Return to Shenmue III