Troll Pledging?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Troll Pledging?

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:21 am

You're right. I forgot that I read about that a while ago. I guess I was wrong about Kickstarter not allowing things like that on the last day. I imagine any Kickstarter is likely to go short a few thousand dollars of the actual goal, but that the amount should not significantly affect the project. Obviously, $7-10K is a significant amount of money for a smaller project.

http://kotaku.com/troll-ruins-kickstart ... 1704337324
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Reprise » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:23 am

drunkensailor wrote: it's also troll pledging. it's pathetic but it happens all the time. there was this dutch game project that needed 10.000 more funding and hour before it went someone donated 10.000. the developpers were ecstatic and asked on the page to please meet this "jonathan" or asked anyone who might knew him as they wanted to thank him. then 30 seconds before kickstarter ended. he pulled of all his money and thus cancelling the whole project.

I can't put under words how terrible this is, because he donated the money other people might think well it's funded. but then to cancel out at the last seconds. I hope some terrible stuff happens to people like them

That's horrible! What a dick move. I don't understand why anyone would think that's funny.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shengoro86 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:28 am

Reprise wrote:
drunkensailor wrote: it's also troll pledging. it's pathetic but it happens all the time. there was this dutch game project that needed 10.000 more funding and hour before it went someone donated 10.000. the developpers were ecstatic and asked on the page to please meet this "jonathan" or asked anyone who might knew him as they wanted to thank him. then 30 seconds before kickstarter ended. he pulled of all his money and thus cancelling the whole project.

I can't put under words how terrible this is, because he donated the money other people might think well it's funded. but then to cancel out at the last seconds. I hope some terrible stuff happens to people like them

That's horrible! What a dick move. I don't understand why anyone would think that's funny.

Just someone trying to compensate for their very small penis and inability to find someone who would want to have a relationship with them.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Anonymous81 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:07 pm

It's strange. People always say people like that are compensating... but I'm technically a lonely, isolated person with no social life or relationship (apart from a few close friends) for going on 9 years... and I just want everyone to be happy and fulfilled in their lives. It's strange and sad to me that some people want others to share in their misery. I'm the opposite. I want people to be happier than I am, because I'm happy when others are.

Such a lack of empathy confounds and perplexes me.

Oh well. To 10 million! I'll never give up until it's over! :)

Anonymous81 has received a thanks from: ys
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Previous

Return to Shenmue III